Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So after you returned from the hospital how long did it take you to feel confident watching your kids again? I have 3 & 6 year old girls with limited access to childcare. I'll have a family member that can watch them during my hospital stay but that is only three or four days. Being a military transplant my family is not located nearby. My 6year old will be in school and my 3year old dosent' usually need to be lifted, she can do a lot on her own. My husband will likely be back to work and not much help during the day.

I would love to hear from other moms of young children what it was like taking on the mom roll again!!!!

How young are your kids? Mine are 6, 6, & 8. I had no trouble caring fir them but I was pretty lethargic for anout 2wks.

I am a week and a half out and I watch my little ones. I have a 7,2, and 11 month old. I live with family so they help me with picking up the little one. My two year old knows mommy's tummy is hurt and so I can't pick him up. I cook for them no prob, i try to go outside with them to walk while they play. The first days were tough, but you can get through it. I sleep when they take naps to regain energy and get me through the day

Oh wow that's a great Question, I was wondering the same thing as I have 5 kids 10, 5, 3, and two 1 year olds and all I have is my husband for about 7 days because my family members don't know yet and don't live near me. Just praying I will be fine after the 7 days so I can take over, which means taking kids to dance, gymnastics, Catechism and everything else around the house.

You should be fine. We played a lot outside. If I needed to take a nap I would set them up with toys or put on the tv and made them stay in the same room with me. Good luck!!!

I have a four year old and an eight year old. My husband returned to work on the 7th day after my surgery and I did fine taking care of them. The 8 year old is pretty self-sufficient though and she helped with her brother a LOT.

I have a 2, 4, and 5 year old. I needed help the first 2 days and after that I was able to do everything for them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using VST

My question is how long was it until you can lift them in/out of the crib? Looks like he will be sleeping in my bed until I can lift. Anyone remember the rule on when you can lift. My LO is 33 lbs, almost two.

Ahh I see. My doc said 3 Weeks before I can lift more than 15lbs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using VST

I have an 18 month old. He weighs 31 lbs. My doc said no lifting from the floor for two weeks. It was okay to put him in my lap if I was sitting.

I was very, very lethargic for the first two weeks but I could not tolerate those Protein shakes or anything that even smelled like that stuff. So for two weeks I had nothing but Water. Had I followed doctor's instructions I'm sure I would have felt much better!

My doctor said I can't lift more than 5 pounds for the next 3 weeks. Also, that I can't drive. I'm hoping the driving thing goes along with the taking narcotic pain meds and not the actual surgery. I haven't taken the prescribed pain meds in several days and think I would be fine driving. But, I haven't needed to yet.

I only have a 10 year old son, he is extremely self sufficient, even makes his own meals. So, I haven't had to worry about lifting anything.

Thanks ladies!!!! It sounds like I should be up for mommy duties fairly quickly after I get back from the hospital which is good. My sister who is an RN and a former Sleeve patient is planning on being at the hospital with me and I'm hoping I'll get to keep her a few days longer to help with the kids but that's not a sure thing. My 2 C-Sections and 2 LapBand surgeries went well and I'm praying the VSG will go well too!

But DRIVING...oh now how long until I'll be driving again? I have to pick up my daughter from school. I guess I'll have to take it easy on the pain meds.

I have a 3 yr old and a 10 ,13 yr old my kids caring for my 3 yr old the only thing I couldn't do was bath her I had my oldest to it while I watched after maybe 3 days I started cooking again for my family and a lot of resting u will be fine

My twins were 14 months when I had surf and at 24 pds each I couldn't lift them from ground up until 3/4wks so we snuggled on the couch alot. I drove 3days po ..because I wasn't on pain meds