Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PRE-FILL Blues??

Thanks for reposting that. I think so many of us newly banded are a little afraid of what's happening with our bodies at the moment.

These should ease a lot of worried minds.

Leatha g:

thank you so much for re-posting this. This is exactly the stage I'm in right now. I was banded on August 1st. Lost 10 pounds durign the very restrictive liquid/mushie immediate pot-op phase and haven't lost anything since. I feel I have little IF ANY restriction and am definately eatign more than 4 oz. per meal and eating foods I shouldn't liek sweets and other high calorie things. I don't get my fist fill until September 14th. I can't wait. I can't wait to have the band work as the tool it is mean to. Thanks again. It really does help us newbies to hear info. like that.

Thank you Leatha. I'm sure this will help a lot of people. My wife wants to be you when she grows up. :welldoneclap:

This is excellent information. Very interesting about Dr. Fox. Sounds reasonable to me.

Thank you Leatha. I'm sure this will help a lot of people. My wife wants to be you when she grows up. :welldoneclap:

This is excellent information. Very interesting about Dr. Fox. Sounds reasonable to me.

LOL, thanks. That's too funny. No one wants to be me.. lol, but it's a nice compliment nonetheless. God bless you both!

We're convinced the band that seems to have worked for thousands of others isn't going to work for us. That we're some freak of nature that is going to be fat for all eternity.

This made me laugh like heck and is EXACTLY what I am feeling right now and why I posted the "I dont' really even believe it" post....

When you get your band to that "just right" spot a switch goes off in your brain about food. You stop caring about it. I'm serious. Suddenly you have to come to grips with the fact that you just CANNOT eat like you once did. And that has a lot of issues unto itself but it comes with the reward of weight loss so it doesn't leave you feeling as vulnerable and schitzy as the prefill stage does.

Robin

Lapband 8/24/00

310/175

This is what I am waiting for, and never really heard anyone describe it like this until today.

THANK YOU for posting this post.

BRING ROBIN BACK so she can tell us how she is doing 6 years later.

This really brightened my day,

Thank you Leatha!

Thanks for bumping this Leatha, it really is a good post. And, I want to be just like you when I grow up too! :biggrin1:

i understand that there is a healing stage and that weight loss is a bonus during this time but i'm 2.5 months out and have not lost or gained any weight sinice the first few weeks so i am back to my old habits of eating to musch junk i have had 2 fills my dr has not told me how much but i still do not have any restriction so my question is if and when i finally do get restriction will the junk food craving get better i try to be good but i always eat when i am stressed so i really get discouraged and stressed. i guess i looking for reassurance since i'm self pay!!!

i understand that there is a healing stage and that weight loss is a bonus during this time but i'm 2.5 months out and have not lost or gained any weight sinice the first few weeks so i am back to my old habits of eating to musch junk i have had 2 fills my dr has not told me how much but i still do not have any restriction so my question is if and when i finally do get restriction will the junk food craving get better i try to be good but i always eat when i am stressed so i really get discouraged and stressed. i guess i looking for reassurance since i'm self pay!!!

Hang in there! It might take a few more fills for you to get to the right restriction - I was banded in May, and have had five fills since then, and have finally gotten to where my quantity is limited and I stay full a long time. Now I'm finally losing...slowly, but the scale is going down. Plus, with the restriction, I feel more optimistic that I can lose weight, so I'm exercising more consistently. A positive feedback loop.

Re the junk food cravings: I've still got some chocolate cravings, and I do indulge some, but if I'm full from having eaten "real" food (Protein, etc.), as I'm more likely to be now with the restriction, the cravings don't hit as hard or as often.

I totally know how frustrating it is to be where you are, since I was there up until two weeks ago. Hang in there! If it's been two weeks since your last fill and you're not yet feeling restriction or losing weight, see if your doc would be willing to let you get another fill early (without waiting the full 4 to 6 weeks). My doc was willing to do that. I know it's expensive, but you went through the ordeal of the surgery, so the sooner you can get to the good part, the better!

I love that I can come here and read the posts and feel better because so many people are going through exactly the same things. I WAS afraid that I was the only one having a hard time with this, the only one cheating on my liquid phase, the only one the band wasn't going to work for. Thank you Leatha for posting that. I didn't really understand (even from the doctors and all the things I read) that the real journey for most begins after the fill. You explained it perfectly. I just had my first fill yesterday and I don't feel restriction but I'm still on liquids. I appreciate all the info from those who have had the band longer. It really helps. This is the strangest experience I have ever had, trying to change habits that I've had for 20 years. I didn't tell my co-workers or even my family (except my husband) because I didn't want any extra scrutiny. So this is my place to go to voice my concerns and find answers to questions. THANK YOU! :wacko: