Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days to go

The countdown is on, it is now 5 days till I will be married. WOW, 17 months I have been organising and planning and the day is almost here.

I have been having nightmares for the last 2 weeks of things that can go wrong, people leaving, things forgotton and make up artist - photographer etc not turning up. I am sure they are all sick of me ringing confirming daily that they will still be there haha.

My partner planned our honeymoon and hasnt told a soul about it, including me. All I know is I have to pack for summer and winter lol.

My partner Paul asked me to marry him 7 yrs ago and I accepted. Anytime he talked about setting a date I would put him off with things like "Wait till I lose weight". The day after I got my lap band we set the date. Now 17 mths later, I am not at goal but I am comfortable and not ashamed to walk down the isle. I was worried about so many things like finding a dress that fit or would look good. I had no problems finding a dress and I kinda feel half normal now at this weight. The band was the best thing I ever done for myself.

You know you're gonna have to start a special pic album thread...

Kellie's Wedding Album, can't wait.

Great minds think alike! Dont foget about us here at LBT. We'll be dying to see those pics.

Ive never been to a wedding that wasnt beautiful. Regardless if it was the simplist or most extravagant. They are all unique, special and beautiful.

Also, Ive never been to a wedding where something didnt go wrong. :phanvan

Remember Kelly, IF something doesnt go according to plans, that's going to be the biggest story you'll talk about in years to come. :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Congrats on your marriage! I just got married in March and it was just the best thing I've ever done!

Take time to enjoy your wedding -- it really goes by SO fast!

Don't worry about wedding day problems.

My wedding was a disaster. The prospective best man got way-layed and never made it. After the ceremony, I heard my car's burglar alarm go off, jumped the fence to "protect my car" and snagged my pants so badly that they were ripped half way up my butt.

We got someone else (my eventual brother-in-law) who would not have been MY candidate to be the best man to fill in and I just changed my clothes for the reception.

BTW, 2 months ago, we celebrated out 39th wedding anniversary. That is the only part that matters.

Congratulations Kellie - You are sure to have a wonderful day.

I recommend waterproof mascara. I cried with joy all the way through our wedding ceremony. LOL!!!

I remember our wedding day as a blur of laughter and love. Yours is sure to be filled with wonderful emotions and moments too.

Can't wait to see the photos.

Congrats Kelli - How exciting for you.

We just celebrated 7 years and I was big when we got married now that I have lost some weight I want to do it all over again...maybe one day.

Please share pics when you have time...and no matter where you go for the honeymoon you will enjoy it.

You will be beautiful! Be sure and post pics. Best Wishes!!

I used to videotape weddings, here's my best advice.

Relax...enjoy the evening.

There is nothing you can do to change the event once it is happening.

If something goes wrong, go with it.

Dance, drink, eat, have fun, try not to focus on the small things like I didn't get to speak to Auntie Matilda and Uncle Bruce who I haven't seen in ten years. If you miss them at the wedding, send them a nice card when you get back and have em over for dinner.

My own personal nightmare experiences....

A. I was best man at a wedding, we picked up our tuxes and went home to sleep. The next morning while dressing we realized we never tried on the vests and bowties. They were all children's size small (imagine if you will a 500lb man in a child's small vest) Luckily since they were bib style vest we were able to make belts from elastic bands and strap em on for the photos, same for the ties.

B. I was best man at a wedding (different one) and the last tux fitting goes horribly wrong...clearly our order has been mixed up with some kind of children's performing circus act. My pants fit my waist but end at my knees. My shirts end at my elbows and my jacket has arms to my knees, but doesn't get to my waist. Same goes for most of the bridal party. The groom and I drive 4 hrs to the main warehouse and hand pick the tuxes with the staff, then drive back and have them sized in the middle of the night at the tux shop.

C. I'm videotaping a wedding and a car hits a telephone pole outside the reception and takes out the power. No lights, no dj, no nothin. We rig the DJ from our 12v converters for the cameras using a half a dozen car batteries from the guests, stick up every light we had and we enjoyed a dimly lit dance marathon...people danced through dinner, it was one big giant crazy party.

I could go on, some are sad, some are funny, all of them are weddings and in the end that's what it's all about.

Make sure you have a ride home after the wedding (most people dismiss the limo and then wind up stranded).

Make sure your best man is handling your tux, and he knows he is handling your tux.

Leave the rest to chance and have fun.

Kellie, I can't believe the big day is almost here! Congrats to you and your soon to be DH. (((HUGS)))