Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Krav Maga

I've seen this mentioned on the "Self Defense" thread but wanted to share with all of you some more information on the subject.

Prior to my having surgery, my husband and I took Krav Maga classes for a few months before our schedules forced us to quit. Now that things have lightened up a bit, we will be resuming our classes very soon. The class is 1 hour long and kicks your A**!! You're constantly moving and the sweat just pours off of you. I would recommend it to anyone interested in an intense workout.

Krav-Maga (translates to Contact Combat) is the highly effective battle tested Israeli system of self defense, fighting skills and defensive tactics.

http://www.kravmaga.com/krav01.html

You can locate a Krav Maga class near you by clicking on the link below.

http://www.kravmaga.com/schoollocations.asp

This is OT, sorry. Tricia, is that a new avatar? It looks similar to the one you've had in composition but, my goodness!, you look skinny, skinny, skinny! I'd love to see your lastest picture on the "Before and After" thread!

Looking good!

Yes, it is a new avatar. I just put it up a few minutes ago. Thank you so much for the sweet comment. :huggie:

If I could find my digicam, I'd take updated photos and post them on the Before & After Photos thread. But, for now, I have to make do with my cell phone camera. I'm not sure I could get decent full-body shots with it though...ugh!!

Hi Tricia

I have been doing the Krav-maga now for 2 months

I have now come to the point where I can actually go through the full hour without even stopping major NSV. I love it Usually after this workout and a half I will go to the Gym and do some weight training. It really motivates you but it does Kick your @ss

OT

I have no idea who Krag Marva is but I wanted to say that my mom is 68 years old and does kick boxing. Her biggest thrill last week was learning how to flip someone in a self defense move.

She also recently went skydiving.. that rotten biotch did it before I did!

Ok. Back on Topic now.

Love the bun Tricia. :huggie:

LOL @ Susan! You silly woman. Krav Maga isn't a person, it's a form of Israeli military training taught here in the US to civilians as well as police officers, FBI agents, military personnel, etc.

Wow @ your mom taking kickboxing. That's impressive. And the skydiving thing...I desperately want to go. My nephew went for his 18th birthday a few weeks ago and I'm sooooo jealous!

*shakes her Librarian Buns again*

Skydiving and riding lessons (horse) are both on my list of MUST DO's when I get thin enough. I wouldn't qualify to go tandum skydiving yet (weight wise) and I wouldn't do that to a poor horse. But when I hit goal, I will.. mark my words.. I WILL!