Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had the vertical band done on April 23, although I had no problems intially after the surgery, I have since been sick for the last week and a half. I am nauseous all of the time and at times have waves of being very sick. Its very strange since this is the first nausea I have experienced since the surgery. I seem to feel this way whether I eat or not. To add to the frustration, the scale has not moved in over a month. Curious if anyone else experienced being sick around the 8 week mark?

First of all is the vertical band the same as the sleeve? I started feeling that way about a week ago. I am now in the hospital. I may not be a good example.

OMG i hope u feel better. Is ur hospital stay due to complications on the sleeve?

no, vertical band is different from the sleeve, I had a co-worker who had the verical band done years ago...vertical band is when a doctor goes in and creates a small pouch in your stomach and uses a metal band around the top part of the stomach....but the rest of the stomach stays in tack....

Totally different...

Which surgery did you have VBG or VSG??

Well Songbird it appears that there isn't much difference in side effects between the sleeve and the band, because I have had severe nausea since about 2 weeks post op. I am now just under 2 months post op.

The nausea is constant and I too get the waves of "ut oh, I am gonna lose it this time" feeling. Eating, not eating, doesn't make it any better for me either. I too had a period of plateau in weight, but I think that is because your body might be going into starvation mode? And that will make it hold onto whatever calories it gets and store it.

Are you on any nausea meds?

Loveisbeauty2 I hope you feel better soon. I mistyped I had the vertical sleeve. I am taking nausea meds and they work for a little while, but it comes back. Worried about not getting enough Protein and calories in, but it tricky when food makes it worse.

Yes I am here due to complications with the sleeve. I have been so sick I couldn't hold food down and hard to swallow. I am pretty miserable now. They are putting a feeding tube in Monday...I'm. So unhappy

Yikes Loveisbeauty! I am soooo sorry you are having complications!

Keeping you in my prayers that they will get it all straightened out and you will be on the road to recovery quickly!

I am doing much better today. I may get out tomorrow . Yay.. Thanks for the prayers

I'm glad to hear that ur doing better.

I am doing much better today. I may get out tomorrow . Yay.. Thanks for the prayers

I am glad that you are doing better.