Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crunchy, Low Carb, Low Cal?

Any ideas? I'm constantly feel need to crunch something. Maybe stress. I'm getting tired of sf popsicles

cucumbers? carrots? celery? Celery is virtually a freebie, nutritionally speaking. it actually takes more energy to digest it than it adds to your diet! Carrots aren't bad either.

If you have celery, strip off the stringy stuff so it doesn't get caught up in your belly.

Try Lundberg rice cakes. I eat them now instead of torilla chips. Thy are really good.

Fried pork rinds! NO carbs (none!), 80 calories per serving and 7 grams of Protein, too.

They come in "spicy" too!

dried soy nuts - 1/4 cup 9g protien - and they are small, but 1 at a time is still really crunchy.

dried edamame, 1/4 cup 8g protien - again small but satisfying...

puffed tefa - its a grain, but this is good.

dried whole okra - seriously worth a try, even if you hate okra

seaweed strips - sea treasures is a great brand. 2g protien 35 calories, about 20 strips 2x2"...

but also evaluate if you are really hungry, or if you aren't responding to a trigger...see if you can't get away from responding to the need to snack...when you need that snack (especially something that translates to "crunchy", "sweet", "salty" rather than a true hunger just eat feeling, there is a good chance it is actuallt a habit - you have experienced a cue, whichis urging a behavior, and you are rewarding it...

also, try another popscicle brand...no kidding. get an ice shaver and jelly belly sugar free snow cone mix - oh yeah! I should probably list this - I take some of this with me to paces that I know there will be outdoor food stuff like snowcones...I will get a snowcone and top it off with my own flavoring.

Fried pork rinds! NO carbs (none!)' date=' 80 calories per serving and 7 grams of Protein, too.[/quote']

Thanks for pointing this out. I totally forgot that they had no carbs. I'm not to the point postop of being able to have these but am putting them on my list Of things for the future. I've always loved them!

I eat Baken-Ets brand fried pork skins. Per serviing (9 pieces) it's 80 calories and pure Protein. I don't eat them everyday, but it satisfies my wanting to crunch on something.

...by the way, does anyone know how to remove the extra tickers that shows in my signature line? I've tried to delete my ticker and start over again, but it keeps showing up as 4 tickers, ugh :P

Emy, I fixed it for you!

Hi *susan* -- Yay! Please tell me how you did that?! Very awesome :)

My favorite crunchy - Hormel turkey pepperoni, microwave on a paper plate it until it's thoroughly cooked (it will stop sizzling and darken), but not burnt. While still hot, blot the grease off the top. Let cool. They get VERY crunchy - crunchier than chips. I like to eat them as scoops for cottage cheese or some garden vegetable cream cheese spread.

Any ideas? I'm constantly feel need to crunch something. Maybe stress. I'm getting tired of sf popsicles

Hi Miranda - I am about 12 weeks out and just started eating Pork rinds just last week. I was sort of getting tired eating the same kind of crackers and saw the pork rinds in the store and thought 'why not'?.