Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on June 11 and had no problems in the hospital. But since I have been home I feel like I'm not getting enough Water. I average probably 8-10 ounces a day and that's extremely hard to get down. I have to take a deep breath just to get the sip of water down. I'm walking as much as possible but I get light headed pretty quick. I'm worried about dehydration. My stomach still feels like its full of gas. Is that possible? Any advice. I'm trying to sip all day.

I was sleeved on June 7th and felt that way too. Try the Special "K" Protein Water mixes, they give you a little protein, some Fiber and help the water not taste so blah. Push your Protein Drinks and make sure you are getting at least 72 oz of fluids per day if not more. I can get my protein in as long as the drink is not think. Have to thin down most of my protein drinks because of the gas problems. If you still have gas issues switch from whey to soy or vice versa. That's what my RD recommended anyway. Good Luck Coach!

Hydration is super important. It enables your body to heal, your brain to function and your organs to maintain your health. If 8-10oz total all the liquid you are managing daily, I would talk to your surgeon.... cause this will be bad news in a few days if it continues- ending up in the ER with an IV drip is gonna suck.

Maybe try taking "shots" of Water every 15 min? Pour 1oz into a cup and make it your mission to get one down one every 15 min.... that may help the mental part of it (most people are too nervous about stretching and popping a staple they underfill- which is better than overfilling- but still detrimental).

Keep on keeping on- best of luck.

I was sleeved in the 7th and I am also struggling with liquids. I can definitely tell though when its time to kick it up a notch because my head will start pounding very similar to a hangover... And what is a hangover really but just a reaction to being dehydrated.

I am struggling to get in 16 oz of Fluid a day, but I am not limiting myself to just Water. I can have crystal light, broth, cream of chicken/mushroom Soup, etc. I could also have pre-op Protein shakes but I just can't get them down. I bought 3 bottles of Isopure RTD (ready to drink). They were kind of hard on the taste buds but more tolerable when mixed with crystal light. Isopure is a great source of Protein if you're having a hard time with the shakes like I am.

As for the gas pains........ Yes, they're dreadful. My go to is chewable gas x tablets. They work better than the strips and you can have 6-8 a day. this and walking is really the only cure for this. Today is my day 7 post-op. Each day gets better.... This much I can say with confidence!

I've read that some folks have a real hard time with Water after the surgery. If this is the case for you, try some other form of liquids until you can work yourself up. That's what I'm doing! :)

Good luck to you!!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using VST

Maybe I am unique I can chug Water, Protein, broth no problem. I can tell if I have taken in enough and have not felt "too full". Wonder if this is just me.... any feed back would be great!

As Calikat said, if you can't get more than that you need to call your Drs office ASAP. Otherwise you're headed for a serious problem.

You might try sucking on ice if that's easier.

Also, I like to add propel to my Water.

I'm a clock watcher and make myself take a sip every 5 minutes or so. Also, I can't drink anything that's cold. In fact, just thinking about it, I may go make some warm Water with a little lemon flavor. Unjury chicken broth has been my best friend because its not sweet, its warm going down, and I can get 21g Protein in 8oz of liquid.< /p>

sugar free popscicles also count at part of your liquid intake.I always flavored my Water usually with crystal light,Now I like to drink vitaminwater zero. Good luck to you

sugar free popscicles also count at part of your liquid intake.I always flavored my Water usually with crystal light,Now I like to drink vitaminwater zero. Good luck to you

I cannot for the life of me find the sugar free popsicles. Are they the freezer pops or do I need to look for something else like in the freezer section?

I cannot for the life of me find the sugar free popsicles. Are they the freezer pops or do I need to look for something else like in the freezer section?

In the freezer section. Walmart has a tropical Popsicle brand that are awesome. Also some budgetsaver brand...

At my Walmart, they're in the freezer section with other popsicles. They might be in different spots in different stores, but I've always found them in the freezer section & just buy the pre-frozen ones. I haven't found any that aren't already frozen that are sugar free.< /p>

Suggestions for getting in Water early post-op: Change the temperature. If you're drinking hot, drink cold. If you're struggling with col, switch to hot. Try chewing on crushed ice (Sonic ice is great for this). Try drinking from a spoon or a 1 oz. shot glass and just letting the Water trickle down your throat rather than actively swallowing. Drink crystal light, Decaf tea, decaf coffee, add mio drops or kellog's special k Protein water. Anything that gets that liquid in you and works is great. NOT drinking will put you in the hospital. I was told I needed a bare minimum of 32 oz of water a day. Anything below that was grounds to call the doctor's office.

Sip, sip, sip. :)

they should be with all the other frozen treats,they are where I shop.If you cant find them ask an employee

I'm 2 days out of surgery, have just been given a glass of apple juice. Omg. It's amazing. I tried Water but as soon as it went warm it tasted a bit yuk, so now I have apple juice in a glass filled with ice! Yummo! Maybe just try other things like juice or some cordial with your water to ease it down? My surgeon said its common for people to struggle getting water down, but given something else & it's easy :) good luck!

In the freezer section. Walmart has a tropical Popsicle brand that are awesome. Also some budgetsaver brand...

THANKS! I guess I was focused on the "to freeze" ones that I spaced on the fact that they actually have ones already frozen duh. Geez lol