Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I have had my band since 9/24/11 - not even a year and it's coming out!! Last week I went into office to see about band removal. The thought of a sleeve had crossed my mind. I was told insurance denied just the band removal but has approved the band removal to sleeve revision. I don't quite understand that.

They want to do surgery next Thursday!! I need to wait until mid July for a few reasons. I am excited but also very nervous. I knew when I got the band if I had problems it could just come out (so I thought), not so much with the sleeve .

I'm 34 yrs old and need to get off about 100lbs. I have two kids and a great supportive hubby. I know he is worried about procedure.

It's hard when you go through 1 WLS and it doesn't work out.... Then hope for another.

My band had 11 cc in it with no restriction and had pain throughout the day when not eating.... Ugh

I love hearing others stories!! I'm glad this forum is here.

Amy

Good luck with this one Amy! I have been reading alot about the sleeve and people seem to do really well with it. I was trying to decide between the band and the sleeve for a while but the more I read and saw, the further I was leaning to the sleeve and now I am pretty much convinced that its for me. I am just getting started with my 3 month pre-op stuff, but it just doesn't seem real that I could be having this done before the end of the year... excited, nervous, etc.

Heather

im in the same boat as you amy. i haven't decided just yet, I'm very afraid to go for another surgery since my band slipped 2x. i have my band removed already. this sleeve is permanent and it scares me a little to be honest. for now, I'm doing my own diet while i decide. i have met with 3 doctors but I'm still on the fence.

All I can say to all u ladies Do it Do it Do it!!!yes I was only sleeved on may 30th but its been great.I mean yes u gave ur own personal demons but that's what they r demons!!! Tell them to leave! This is ur time! At first yes ur like” I'll never eat real food....” That is a lie u just have to build back up to it. Its like a baby u wouldn't give them a solid streak as a new born u give them milk, then pureed food, then soft food then, then solid. If u go in with that positive mind set uk be amazing..

I'm 32 have a 2 yr old :) I have had pcos since I was 13 have half an overie, endometritis, gout, my soon was a miracle.but I deff. Needed to do something so I could have more babies.so glad I did. I was 306 and today I am at 285 already down 21 pound!!!!!! Woot woot u Girls can do it!!!!!

were you an ex banister? i think a lot of my hesitation is because of my bad experience with the band. i think it would be an easier decision if i haven't had the band in the past. it just makes me think that things can go wrong as they did with me and I'm so happy and grateful that i am back to normal right now. I'm afraid to risk it again, maybe something that might be a lifelong health problem could happen, like bad reflux or something bad ilke that.

Thanks for the replies!! Serene - your postive attitude is awesome! My husband and I want another baby as well. We have two great little boys but do want at least another. I do not want to get pregnant at the weight I am at. I am a labor and delivery nurse and I can see the problems that go along with obesity and pregnancy. The surgery still makes me nervous but I am praying about it. I am meeting with the doctor tomorrow to get things scheduled and for him to answer more questions I have.

Girliegirl - I still have my band and have had it since Sept 2011. I TOTALLY understand what you are saying about long term problems. A few people I know are very much against me doing this surgery. They have mentioned where are the studies for long term? All those thoughts do cross my mind but I also think about if I continue at the weight I am at ( 250) then all the health issues that can come with that.. heart disease, diabetes..etc.

Amy