Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! Well my name is veronica and I am a recent poster. My last post was pure ranting about the hospital where I am having my surgery. It was not my best post and it was negative. I thought I would start over by introducing myself and letting you all know that I am not a negative person, just extremely scared of this surgery. Why am I explaining myself? Because I really need support from people who are going through this. I don't know any one who has had wsl and when I do tell people they tell me that I don't need this even though I do. I can relate to a lot of you and I feel like I need this community!

So with that said! I am being sleeved on june 18. Wish me strength people!! :-)

Good Luck! I am sure you will come through with flying colors and we will all shove down on the bench for ya!

Thanks! I can't wait to get on that bench!

Hi Veronica, I'm 9 days post op, and can tell you the absolute worst part of this whole ordeal was all the doubt and worrying befor the surgery. It's really been pretty easy since the surgery, and that being said with the knowledge that not everything went perfectly. I had a couple small issues one being that I became combative coming out of anesthesia (that kinda scares me that I can be that way) and the second was that the drain either wasn't placed properly or didn't work properly. Either way a few sets of bandage changes an everything was fine. The only regret I have is that I didn't do this sooner(I know that sounds cliché). I've given up the last 10 years of my life to low self esteem and self hatred. I couldn't walk more than 100 yards without back pain. I can't really explain why but I've had no pain of any kind since my surgery. I have a new lease on life, and soon you will to.

Congrats on your upcoming surgery!!! I believe you will find lots of support and information here.. Don't worry, everything will be fine!!

I almost canceled my surgery because I had 500 different scenarios and fears in my head... getting sleeved was one of the best decisions I ever made!!! Best wishes!!

How long ago were you guys sleeved? Im nervous cause i getting sleeved on the 8th of june

Welcome. I'm scheduled for June 27th and the nerves are starting to kick in. We can do this!

If I could do this, so can you! This is the scariest thing you will ever do. This is a decision and unlike other surgeries that we had in the past, this one is scariest because we don't know the reality of how effective this procedure is for losing weight. We have all lost weight in the past just to gain it back and felt like a complete failure. This time it will be different! You might be a little slower to drop the weight, but you will and you will enjoy your new found skinniness when you get to goal. I love my skinniness and will always watch what I eat. Still have to eat a healthy diet, but that's ok, I have my new found skinniness that keeps me going. ;)

Tinap & GivingItMyAll I was just sleeved on May 30, 2012. As many have shared, the surgery went smoothly and it has been virtually pain free thus far. Came home today from the hospital and other than fatigue I've been fine.

Thanks everyone for your kind words!! The idea of going to the hospital (for non emergency reason) and having them cut me open is scary but I will do it! I MUST do it! I cannot back away...

Again THANKS!

VeronicaH I am right there with you! My surgery is this Monday the 4th! I am apprehensive but I know I am making the right decision and for the most part I'm excited but sometimes the fear rears its ugly head! I have 2 days of Clear Liquids that I start tomorrow morning keep your fingers crossed for me! I will do the same for you!!

Tlaff, I will keep my fingers crossed! Please keep us updated! I am sure everything will go great!