Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally! Stall Is Broken.

So, over the last three months, it's seemed like I was just stuck. I've barely lost 10 pounds, although I did drop 3 sizes. In that time, I've added in more and more exercise, really watched what I was eating and been pushing more Water. I've really looked hard for the NSVs and tried not to worry that my body was done. But, I was really getting frustrated because the weight loss had slowed down so much. I was so close to the 100 pounds lost mark and starting to think I'd never get there. In my head, I knew that this was a weight where I spent nearly 10 years on the way UP the scale and that I shouldn't get excited that it was taking me a while to drop below that point, but boy was it maddening!

I'm happy to report that in the last few days, that stall has broken! I've lost 5 pounds in the last few days and it seems like my body and sleeve are cooperating again to drop more pounds! I'm also suddenly seeing more definition in areas that have been of particular interest to me (waist, collarbones, arms and legs). I don't know if my mindset changed, but I know that I have increased my exercise levels to where I'm doing nearly an hour of cardio per day, in 2 30 minute sessions, and I've been fairly strict on my carbs.

So, YAY, the stall is broken!!! I'll take the NSVs, but it feels good to see that scale number dropping again, too.

Congrats!!! I know that you are so happy to see the scale moving again!!!

YAY! Good for you. What a frustrating experience:) I know I'm going to feel silly when you answer this, but what is NSV?

That is awesome to hear Lissa! Congrats!

NSV is a Non scale Victory, like the 3 sizes I've lost while the scale has been barely moving. :)

YAY!! Lissa I completely understand how you feel. I broke a stall this morning.

Ya!! Congrats

Hey that is fantastic! I am there with ya girl (scale barely moves these days) but, keeping to your routine and positive outlook have garnered you success! Great job!

Lissa what is your next mini-goal? I am just today no longer obese, today I am overweight and that is a victory for me no matter how we classify it! We are close in weight loss, 6 lbs to go to hit 100 lbs down for me and then...I am posting pics. Thanks for your inspiration and knowledge sharing.

Sandy

Lisa you are and have been working really hard to shed those pesky pounds! You are a hero in my book! CONGRATS! I love your positivity and the awesome feedback you leave others. I do know that I have come to a stop in WL. But I am going to keep working the program and see if anything comes of it. I do love wearing a size 8 in jeans and a size 6 in slacks. We have all Rocked our Sleeves and will continue to Rock my sleeve for the rest of my life. ;)

Sandy, my next mini goal is 252, which is my 100 pounds lost. After that, I'm aiming for a size 14, which is the next size down.

I know I will be ecstatic when I hit 225, my postpartum weight from son two, then 205, which is postpartum for son one. 190 is my goal weight, and today puts it in sight for me!!

Lissa

Congrats and I know that during that stall you were still a big encouragement to a lot of us on here giving great advice. Kudos to you for not giving up on yourself and I have to remind myself at times that my sleeve is still working even when I don't think it is! Keep up the good work you will be at goal before you know it.

Yay!!! What a relief to see those scale #s going down again. We try to be reasonable, celebrating the NSVs as they come, but we honestly do love it when that scale shows a lower #. It's sooo energizing! Congrats!

Lissa,

I am sooooo bloody happy for you... really I am!

I agree with Dorrie, you are such a great cheer leader on here and I too love reading your posts and replies.

You have made such huge changes and commitment to yourself and that alone is something to be proud of regardless of what that pesky scale reads.... however, yey for the stupid bloody thing moving again - If mine ever moves below 165/164 you will hear me cry all the way over the pond!

Keep up the good work my sleeve friend x