Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Keeping Anything Down.....back To The Dr. Again

I'm now getting a bit scared. Yesterday I had the IV infusion to help get my fluids back up with some blood work and then a CATscan. Today I still have the pain on my left side and today I cannot keep anything down. Got the Diarrhea from the contrast Fluid and I've gone all the way back to ice chips trying to combat the vomitting. I've now developed pain on the right side of my abdomen and if I vomit one more time I'm going to loose my mind. Appointment tomorrow to get another round of IV fluids and to see my surgeon again. I hate to say the "L" (leak) word but something is wrong. Anyone have any similar expierences?

Hopefully you're just having residual effects from the dehydration. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I didn't have vomiting (they put a sticker behind my earlobe, like a dramamine or something to combat that). But for my "L" word (leak) I had pain in my left side - severe pain. It was an abscess of Fluid that went into my diaphragm.

Are you running a fever? What did the CAT scan show? Anything?

If you get to feeling worse, I say go to the ER (esply if you are running a temp ok?).

Hang in there and pls keep us updated. Best to you... and am praying for you for that as well!

vomiting not good 4 tummy did u let the dr. know? Do you still have gallbladder makes me think of that with rt. pain n vomiting. Did they do scan of whole area? Good bless. Hope you feel better soon.

I don't have any advice, but I have lots of SUPPORT to give you. Keep us posted. I will be sending good vibes your way, and praying for you! Don't forget about the power of positive thinking!!

Same here. I am also sending you lots of good energy for a postive out come. Keep us posted and I hope this all comes to pass very quickly. <<hug>>

Well he has no idea why I feel like this, why I'm having pain, why I'm throwing up everything. Got a new Rx, upper GI scheduled for tomorrow and added another day of IVs. Somebody has to know what's going on, right?

I am so sorry you are going through this. Hoping your doc gets you better and quick!!

Oh Condessa I am so sorry to see your having problems. I hope this passes soon. Make sure they check your tummy upright and laying down during the upper GI. Somwone on here had one that was only seen in one position. Good Luck tomorrow. Keep us posted. Lots of prayers for you. Big Hugs!

Ok read your symptoms. The left side pain is something I had - they never said it was my leak but I think it was somehow related. Also my Vitamins and Protein shakes made me sick. I am glad they have done a CT scan for you and have an upper GI scheduled - make sure to ask that they let you lay down for it and roll from side to side - my leak did not show when I was standing, only when I was laying down and rolled to my left side. I had to ask to lay down because I was feeling queasy. Best of luck that they figure it out for you soon! Keep us posted!!

BTW, Dr Hammer is my Dr.

Well he has no idea why I feel like this, why I'm having pain, why I'm throwing up everything. Got a new Rx, upper GI scheduled for tomorrow and added another day of IVs. Somebody has to know what's going on, right?

I'm now getting a bit scared. Yesterday I had the IV infusion to help get my fluids back up with some blood work and then a CATscan. Today I still have the pain on my left side and today I cannot keep anything down. Got the Diarrhea from the contrast Fluid and I've gone all the way back to ice chips trying to combat the vomitting. I've now developed pain on the right side of my abdomen and if I vomit one more time I'm going to loose my mind. Appointment tomorrow to get another round of IV fluids and to see my surgeon again. I hate to say the "L" (leak) word but something is wrong. Anyone have any similar expierences?

Sorry to hear about your discomfort. About 1 week after my surgery I started vomiting everyday until I was dehydrated. Went to ER 2 times and was given IV fluids and CT scans, no leaks. Still continued to vomit, no abdominal pain. Went to my PCP and was told to go to ER. Went to a different ER again more labs and scans.( 3rd visit was the charm) No leaks, but found out gallbladder was shot and as a result of the gallstones I had pancretitis (sp). During the removal of my gallblader it was discovered the surgeon that performed my VSG knicked my liver and it was bleeding. I stayed in the hospital for 3 weeks. I was told the liver would heal itself. Long story short, it may be your gallbladder. I was also told I had gastric erosion . RX for gastric reflux/erosion and was treated in hospital by IV with Protonix to heal the erosion. It has been a long road to recovery, but I am getting there. Ask your DR if it could be your gall bladder. I never put vomiting every day with gallstones and pancretitis. And I sure didnt know my liver was bleeding. I will ask the DR when I go back for my follow up about long term affects to my liver. Take care of yourself and keep going back to the ER until they find out why you cant keep anything down. I have been out the hospital for about 2 week and I can now drink water/fluids without vomiting. So hopefully you will soon find out why you cant keep anything down and put a end to your discomfort.

Condessa,

My thoughts are with you. I sure hope you get some answers today and that you get to feeling better real soon. I am so sorry you are having to go through all this pain and I am sending you lots of healing energy.

How are things going today? I hope a little better. Keep us updated.

Checking in on you..... hoping that they've figured out the root cause of your issues.... but hope you are ok!

They still don't know what the issue was but I'm finally better. I can eat and drink fine now and feel good. Have been battling hives (think was reaction to CATScan contrast). Otherwise I'm feeling well. I think my sleeve was either so irritated with me vomitting it just was not allowing anything in or I had a touch of a stomach virus.

Anyway Thanks everyone for your support it really means alot to me. This site is wonderful and lets you know you are not alone going through this. Hugs to y'all.