Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Grrrr...I hate In laws!

Ok I am sorry but I need to rant to someone, anyone who will listen. My DH after being gone for almost a week decided to take off again with the boys fishing...grrrr..for yet another week...

Well since I am back to work someone has to watch the kids. His solution, his aged grandmother who is the biggest pain in my a$$ ever! She is

driving me nuts and it has only been 24 hours.

She complains about everything. I have told her politely more than once that this is my home and I do things different than her...whatever. She doesn't listen. Nothing I do for this woman is good enough. She is driving me crazy.

BUT that is NOT the real kicker. She had my hubby get her a TON of candy, all of my favorites before he left. And HE DID.... And has the nerve to eat it in front of me. I have had it all removed from my house because I am not strong enough to avoid it. I want it so bad...... I am hiding in my room just to stay away from it...

After eating all of that garbage she has the audacity to eat my dinner, Lean Cuisine!! DOES that make any sense???

How am I going to make it through a week of this?

I should be able to handle this, my degree is in Human Aging, I know all about elderly and right now I am ready to throw a pillow onto her head....grrrrrrr.....

Thank you for listening and please pray for me that I will not do anything stupid, or eat any garbage!

Oh Boy! I feel for you. By chance, is there any drain cleaner around?! just kidding :)

Is there any way, when your DH gets home, that YOU can take off to visit a favorite relative for a week -- and leave HIM with his grandmother? Maybe he can see how it feels.

I truly feel for you, I hope it gets better SOON!

Karla

My MIL has been on my list lately too. My DH had heart surgery a couple of weeks ago, and we walk 3 times a day, she keeps hinting that I am pushing him too hard. I go along for safety sake (not to mention the exercise is good for me too!!!), he sets the pace and the course. Like I would do anything detrimental to him, even hinting at it pisses me off!!!

Then I was planning a quiet birthday dinner for my daughter in law, and she insisted that she and my FIL wanted to come, because they all live close together, and she wanted to Celebrate too, and in fact she suggested why didn't we invite the rest of the family and have the August Birthday celebration. We do that because there are several of us with birthdays this month. Yes me included, but still, with a recovering DH and babysitting for my 20 month old granddaughter, I had so much free time, why don't I do it. Ok, I plan it, spend way too much money getting ready for it last minute, and we are all here, except the inlaws....she finally shows up, and my FIL decided it was a nice night to bale the hay, and she didn't want him alone (he is after all well over 80), so she left. After insisting they be invited, and starting all the big party crap!!! So she tells my DH tonight, that maybe since I was in a bad mood they would just have another celebration on Sunday, but that she was not cooking, because she was tired of me rubbing in the fact that I can eat to my SIL (her daughter -- we were banded together, and she is having esophogus problems). I guess because I eat it is rubbing it in! I give up!!! She may well be having esophogus problems, but eating ice cream, and drinking 6 yoohoos a day is not going to help with weight loss regardless of what is up with the esophogus.....oops, that WAS rubbing it in maybe!!!

AHHHHhhh man thank you sooooo much, I needed to get that all out. I am sure some of it makes no sense, I apologize!! It feels better sharing it tho!!!

Y'all are the best!!!

Kat

Hang in there Brandy and Kat. I know exactly how it is. That's why me and my MIL have NO contact anymore. Good luck!

MIL's. Honestly, my hurt is too deep and embarrasing to share, but my MIL married a man 20 years younger than she and it has been an unbelievable struggle.

We lived 1500 miles away from family for 17 years. I've been continually belittled since we moved back. It took a long time to accept reality--I'm nothing more than a nurse and maid. Someone to do all the "dirty work", but no one to respect. I still love her, feel sorry for her, but I'll never spend time alone in their presence again.

My own DM can be a pain at times--but her heart is always in the right place.

MIL's can be deliberately mean spirited and you never know when they will strike.

Oh, I feel so bad for you guys. I guess I was very fortunate with my ex-MIL and FIL. They are the best. Always very supportive. After my DH and I divorced, they stayed very friendly with me.When I had surgery for cervical cancer, they were right there at the hospital with me when my own DM was not. They still come over for dinner and bible study.They love my new DH and our children.I don't really have much to say about my present MIL as she is 80 years old and lives in a foreign country in southeast asia. I've never met her. but, she does call every once in a while for my DH to send her money, as her country is very poor and she doesn't have any to go see the doctor now that her health is failing.

My own DM can be a pain at times--but her heart is always in the right place.

ROFLOL!!!! So sorry, but when I read this DM doesn't stand for "Dear"... :omg:

Sorry, I'm in one of those moods...

Oh Boy! I feel for you. By chance, is there any drain cleaner around?! just kidding :rolleyes:

Is there any way, when your DH gets home, that YOU can take off to visit a favorite relative for a week -- and leave HIM with his grandmother? Maybe he can see how it feels.

I truly feel for you, I hope it gets better SOON!

Karla

Thanks. I would try drain cleaner but I am not sure if it would go down with the band....just kidding...

I will be leaving him when he gets back until the house falls down around his ears for this, I will leave no clean laundry, no food made, no dishes clean, nothing....see how he survives after that, the jerk......

:angry :angry :angry

Thanks. I would try drain cleaner but I am not sure if it would go down with the band....just kidding...

Ummmmm.... I think that the drain cleaner was for her :omg: LOL

In law issues can be a pain :help:

Ummmmm.... I think that the drain cleaner was for her :omg: LOL

In law issues can be a pain :help:

ROTFL.....see just how far she has pushed me???? I am planning my own demise.....good grief!!!!!!!!!!!

Something else I hope will cheer you up... If you re-arrange the letters in "Mother-In-Law" you get WOMAN HITLER :) ! If it helps, think of this when she starts annoying you! It will be your little pet name for her, your secret.

I hope I'm not offending anyone. I just wanted to lighten your load.

Karla

My MIL is 86 years old, nearly deaf, and lives with me. Don't you girls all feel really lucky now?

And she absolutely dotes on my husband - waits on him hand and foot. If we are coming into the house with groceries and I am struggling with 4 bags, she will almost knock me down so she can get to him and take the ONE bag he is carrying.

She is a terrible clutz and it's bad enough that she breaks my stuff, but then she denigrates it. "Next time I'm at the Dollar Store", she says, "I will see if I can find one to replace it." It didn't come from the *&(%$ Dollar Store!!! It was an antique, for crying out loud!