Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am on a busniess trip right now and stilll in the mushy stage. I am having a real hard time finding stuff to eat. Yesterday and had cheesecake factory skinny turney burger (no bread or veggies) and a side of steamed carrots (no butter). I ate half for lunch and the other half for dinner. Please I need an idea for today. any suggestions would be great. A chain restaurant would probally be better.

When we traveled during that phase i ate. Toco bell Beans. Or kfc mashed potatos. And a smoothy from starbucks you could do broth from subway Just a few ideas. If you go to a restraunt you can get soft vegies and just mash them wirh your fork. Good luck

I think any kind of Soup may be good for you to try. Also, any type of Beans (refried beans, lima beans) they have a lot of Protein. I haven't eaten out yet, so I am not sure what exactly would be good. I do know your frustration as my husband's father was in the hospital and I was starving. I finally got wanton soup. It has lot's of protein in it. 3 wantons and and cup of broth has between 14 and 21 grams of protein in it. The amount was different everywhere I looked. LOL Good luck and let us know what you figure out.

Wendy's chilli is awesome. It's soft and goes down easy and is low in calories and high in Protein.< /p>

I am also on a business trip right now. Here is what I did during that phase. Soft fish, Beans, if you have unflavored Protein powder with you add it to mashed potatoes. I also ate though a little high in sugar, smoothies from Jamba juice with Protein added, Chai Tea from Starbucks (Venti has 9 grams of protein and Grande has 7 grams), skim milk (8 grams/cup I use this a lot to make up for my lack of protein on the road.) For lunch today I am thinking about having grilled chicken and salad and a snack of Peanut Butter with saltines this afternoon. You could also do chicken from a can, if you need to. Hope this gives you some suggestions.

Let me know if you need some more. I travel all the time and am always looking for something different to eat than my usual. It gets harder when I am overseas though.

Nichole

Agree with the Soup suggestion. Also yogurt, side of cottage cheese (you won't eat it all!), spinach/cheese dip (not the most healthy food, but it's something that has nutrition and is mushy and frequently available in restaurants!--just use a spoon and nibble slowly), side scoop of tuna or chicken or egg salad, etc. Don't be afraid to ask for a small portion of something that's on the menu--if they have Breakfast all day, that's great, too--scrambled eggs! Soup was my go-to restaurant meal for a long time.

I love being here and reading all of the great suggestions. eggs, oatmeal, cream of wheat (you can go to IHOP, Waffle House or etc for this sort of stuff), Soups, smoothie king/smoothie factory and specify your shakes, chicken salad (w/o grapes) or tuna salad - ask them if they can puree it for you, La Madeline has great Soup (hey if you have unflavored Protein Powder? that'd be a great addition to a hearty soup)...miso soup is supposed to be high in Protein as well..... just ditto what they all said :)

I usually order something from the appetizer menu. Selections are usually really tasty and the portions aren't huge. Soups are good, too.

ok so I went to PF changs this afternoon. Had some chicken broth and about 1/3 portion of shrimp with lobster sauce. it was really high in Protein and low in fat and sugar. I also ordered spinach with garlic. but of course my eyes are bigger than my stomach