Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Piercings?

hehehe talk about pain...a very good friend of mine is a piercer, and he will be doing my belly button, and possibly my nose. He is his own PA. I couldn't believe it! I don't think I could do that. The guy that works in his shop, Chris, is a tattoo artist and tatted his own feet. That had to hurt!

I've had my nose pierced three times and I think I'm going to go for a fourth,and I agree the earring has to be super tiny. My Dh asked me about the tongue piercing, I secretly want it anyway. But i'm scared of the pain. Does it really enhance oral sex, I saw one yes and one no, which is it?

ok - i HAVE to say something. As a speech-language pathologist DON'T get your tongue pierced, whatever else you want to is fine (although i personally don't get the nose thing, what if you have a cold?!?) but i digress...tongue piercings can be very destructive to your mouth, teeth, tongue, etc. you WILL lisp or have an airy "s" ( an occupational pet peeve) so please think carefully.

p.s. send a pix!

I have had my tongue pierced for 7 years now and I haven't had any problems with it. My speech is fine, no lisp, nothing. However if it is pierced wrongly you could lose sense of taste and sensation permantly. It was swollen for about a week but I could eat small pieces of food and you have to be careful not to bite on it early on which is hard not to do. You can buy plastic balls for the ring. I used glyoxide which is a mouth cleaner you can buy at wal-mart or anywhere else and had no infection. I didn't get it for the oral sex reason that most people ask me about but I just liked the way it looked. I had no complaints from my boyfriend before I got it and no complaints now.

I also have my ears pierced 4 times and 3 tattoos. I would like to get another tatt and my belly button pierced when I am smaller. I would never piecer my nose or eyebrow, and most places will make you take it out if you work there.

I had both nipples peirced, but had to take them out a couple of years ago. I had a couple of MRI's done on consecutive days and had to take them out for them. They went back in (barely) after the first one, but closed too fast after the second one in two days. I also had my tongue pierced for 3 days. lol. I work in a call center, and at the time I was being observed for a possible promotion. I had it done on a Friday thinking that by Monday I would be ok. Sunday night, it was still so swollen I couldn't talk normally and decided to take it out because I didn't want to lose the opportunity for the promotion. The nipples hurts pretty good, but the tongue didn't hurt. Just swelled pretty bad. Don't feel like re-doing either of them, but I am glad I did it and would do it again if I had to go back in time.

My dh said he could never tell the difference when I gave him oral. Even when I used ICE. I thought it got in my way, It just wasn't what I thought it would be. I mean yes when I gave him oral it sent him over the edge but, I can do that without the tongue ring. LOL Now don't get me wrong I loved it for the 4 years I had it and I never had a lisp. I didn't persay chip me teeth but I always played with it and bit down on it in the front of my mouth so it wore down a grove in my front teeth and I had to have them filed down. I got rid of all my peircings when I got pregnant because they all got red. I think you should get them all.. LOL You know a peircing is so much easier than a tat. because if you hate it all you have to do is take it out... LOL

Wanna hear a funny story? My two youngest are less than a year apart. We were in a store one day when they were about 4 and 5 years old and there was a lady with a small baby near by. My daughter (the 4 year old) was really into babies and she was talking to the infant, etc. My son asked if it was a boy or a girl, and without missing a beat my DD said, "It's a boy, stupid. Can't you tell?"

My DS was at a loss. "He's not wearing blue", he said, "And he's not wearing a dress, so how was I supposed to know?".

Very smugly his sister informed him that little girls are born with holes in their ears. I asked her who told her that and she said (proundly), "No one...I figured it out all by myself. I have holes in my ears, and you have holes in your ears, and Granny George and Grandma Darling have holes in their ears, and Aunt Mary has holes in hers....."

She's 33 and still jumping to conclusions.

i have my tounge pierced have had it for about 11 years(wow ) my boyfriend at the time and i got them done together, i think i swelled for a day or two never ever had any problems with it swelling again, i forget its even there now and people dont notice it, neve chipped my teeth on it, i think its great at enhancing oral infact i think every male should have it done. but cant talk my dh into it he is a chicken plus i guess he thinks he is to old and maybe we are now but ive had mine for so long i think i would feel very weird without it for instance during surgery its the first thing i ask for when i wake up .

had my belly pierced when it used to be flat and firm took that out as soon as i got pudgy, but i can still get a ring in it so if im lucky maybe someday ill put it back in doubt ill ever wear a belly button shirt again with the stretch marks and such but who knows.

any way imo piercings are fun and ive always wanted my eyebrow done,

I had my belly button pierced right up until surgery. I needed to take it out for the procedure. I had some complications after surgery and couldn't get it back in......so........I am going to repierce after I lose some more weight. I loved it before and now, with a smaller body, I will like it even more.

I have my nipple peirced, and it hurt like hell. It was like a white hot pain, and sore for days. Is there something I can put in the hole while having surgery? I don't want mine closing up on me at all.

Most tattoo shops can get plastic jewlery to use during surgery. Also some places in the mall will have them. Ask your doctor if they allow any jewlery at all, some places make you take everything out, others will allow plastic only and some will allow metal as long as it is covered with tape. The best policy is to ask several weeks ahead of time so that you can be prepared. The tattoo shop may need to order something, not every place has plastic in stock. ~Mandy

Peircings I have had in the past are: septum, tragus, anti tragus, tongue, both nipples, double ear lobes, industrials on ears, my nostril and the hood on my clit.

I now have a ring in my right nostril and nothing else. I guess I got bored with the others or something. Nipples were the worst pain and after a while, my body started to reject the jewlery. Go figure.

As far as surgery, even though I had a plastic spacer for my nose, they told it had to come out for the surgery itself. I had my friend put it back in while I was in recovery. The LapBand proceedure doesn't take long and if you have a friend waiting for you in recovery, they can help you put in your jewlery so you don't close up.