Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im 10 days out and I cant help but get on the scale EVERY SINGLE DAY lol. Ive lost 15lbs so far......but Im curious is dis normal? Under? Above? How much did you lose between your surgery and your first doc post op visit?

First off, if you don't get on a habit of only weighing in once a week, you'll go crazy. Each persons weight loss is different based on their body. Me personally, I dropped 40 pounds in 3 weeks. But I also heard guys lose differently..so its hard to compare to another person

I lost 18 pounds in my first 10 days post op. Trust me don't weigh yourself day in day out u'll be dissapointed. Make it a weekly habit and you'll be all smiles :smile1:

I lost 8.5 lbs. Not a huge amount, but a good percentage. I then only lost 4.5 over the next 4 weeks, stalled out for about 3 1/2 of that. I feel smaller, clothes fit looser, but unfortunately I did not measure myself. Start there, I think inches is important for your self esteem when the scale doesn't move. Thanks to everyone here on VST, I was able to be emotional about my stall and received much support. Good luck to you.

I am weighing myself 1x a week, and once I am past onderland I am going to weigh less often, because I suspect the loss will slow down.

I will be weight training to actively build bulk muscle as soon as I can get the OK to put that much core pressure on my tummy. This is always a good move for me because I am built to have bulk muscle - I have never been a lean muscle kinda girl. I also want to get back into some different sports I have only been able to play around with on occasion while I was so heavy. Bulk training tends to even out and sometimes push your weight up a little, so less focus on scales and more on baggy clothes for me after awhile longer.

As of yesterday, 5 days out- I was down 13lbs

For the first month after surgery i weighed myself everyday! It is so exciting the scale being your friend for once! Now i weigh and measure myself once a week. it is exciting to see me lose 6 pounds in a week rather than watching it go down a half pound at a time! I think its to be expected that you weigh yourself every day for awhile!

From the very beginning I have consistently lost 2-3 lbs per week. I am just about at the 100 lbs lost mark and I've noticed that now most weeks it is closer to the 2 than the 3, but I am still happy about that.

Weighing yourself everyday will eventually drive you nuts. Because if you get on the scale on monday and it says one number, the next day it could go way up... and even though you understand logically that your weight fluctuates and it is normal and that it will go back down... it doesnt FEEL like that! It feels like a gain and that sucks. If you can get out of the habit now, I would. Even though seeing the numbers every day is awesome... seeing the daily yo-yo can be a serious hit to that high.

Good luck and congrats on the weight loss!

I didn't weigh myself until my first office visit and that was 4 weeks later. Then I decided to start weighing myself on a daily basis bc how exciting it would be to see how much weight dropped off in a day. Wrong, my scale bounces around in big #'s. So depressing. I even went out and bought a new scale. There was only 1 lb difference in the 2 scales, so I took the new one back. So, the weight drops off quickly at first and then slows down. My surgeon's office saids about 1 to 2 lbs a week.

I weight once a week and measure once a week on the day after that of my surgery (surgery Monday weight Tuesday of every week). Each person is different as to how much they lose I lost 30 lbs in the first 12 days but I was large to begin with.

Our bodies are changing day for day right now and 1 day you could be minus and the next you are plus for a number of reasons. It is much easier to take it by the week then by day. Your body will stall at one time or another but during that time it is readjusting it's self. You will see your clothes fit different at those times.

Just remember that through all of this you are getting healthier than you have ever been and all these changes are for the best.

If you haven't measured yourself yet I suggest that you do so. The changes in inches are just as important as the weight changes, but they also go up and down as you gain muscle where nothing was before.

.I hope this helps you on your journey for a happier, healthier you.

Welcome to the loser's club.

I used to weigh every day, but I confess that at this point, it's only occasional. :-) Part of that is that I used to NEVER see any sort of "bounce"--I had an unusual loss in that I lost until I didn't lose, if that makes sense. I never went up, not even a little, on a daily basis until recently, and I mostly am hanging around 191-193, depending on the salt content of my diet and the amount of liquid I consume. It's crazy but okay.

I agree that weighing less often is sort of less stress-inducing, but I couldn't wait to hop on the scale every day during my fast losing phases.

I still weigh every morning. I only track my weight on Friday though. So my official weight for each week is what I weigh when I step on the scale on Friday. I don't get worked up over seeing the bounce up and down through the week. I use it more as a learning tool. So if it bounces up, the next day I may drink more Water or just realize I ate something more salty the day before. I don't have TOM anymore, so I don't have that bounce to contend with.

After I get to goal and have maintained for a while, I will probably not weigh on daily basis anymore.

Lynda