Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm totally worried that I'm going to have flappy skin - I am not going to undergo more surgery - thats how I feel now anyway. At 31 does anyone know if I am doomed to have excess skin after weight loss, or are there techniques to help firm the skin?

There are no guarantees that you won't have saggy skin. There are, however, several factors that play into how your skin reacts to the weight loss. Specifically - genetics, age, how long you've been heavy, stretch marks, etcetera.

I am also 31 and down now a total of 106 lbs from my highest weight. I have som excess skin, but it isn't nearly as bad as some that I have seen. I do work out and try and tone mine about 3 days a week. I also wear a girdle that goes from just under my breast (my bra sits over it) to almost my knee caps. I think it has helped in my stomach area. The worst part for me has been my boobs. They are just down right nasty.

Good luck.

I think that you probably will have extra skin....

One thing I know for sure: Skin won't kill you, extra weight sure will!

Age 43 I was 218 now 160 and I need a Tummy Tuck. I am worried about another surgery.If my tummy was gone I would be a size 10 now size 14. Doctor told me to stop at 150 if I had a tummy tuck I would be there. I heard the exercise ball helps tone and tighten. Im skinny everywhere but my stomach and I look funny. But Hey Im healthy and I feel GREAT

My blood work came back perfecto. A1C 6.1

im gettin my lap band in on june 2nd and im worried about saggy skin and im only 20 years old so i dont wanna be saggy anywhere and i was wondering if its different because im still so young and if i work out alot would i be able to keep my skin tight?? or do u think im going to end up having to have plastic surgery?

I am 24 and I have lost 97 lbs and I have saggy skin. I am planning to have PS (TT, Arms, and Breasts) done sometime next year. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it is almost certain that you will have some saggy skin. It may not be too bad and you may be able to deal with it. i won't be happy till I get mine taken care of. Good Luck!

o wow ok.... well if u dont mind me askin how tall are u and how much do u way and did u exercise at all after surgery?? I dnt mean to offend you by asking that at all im just curious cuz im still in college and i dont have the money to pay for PS and im just worried im going to have to much excess skin i mean im 5'6 and weigh 240 so do u think i personally would have a problem?

everyones skin is different. when i was in my 20's i lost 100 pounds and my skin was fine. not the same today after 2 kids and 30 years, i'm saggy.

Lizziet88: I am not offended at all. Ask away! I am 5'4" ish and currently weigh 165 ish. You may be one of the lucky ones that doesn't need PS, but I have always been overweight ( in fact, now, I am smaller than I have ever been...entering unchartered territory). If you have only been overweight for a little while you may be just fine. I wouldn't have had the money for PS either, but I have recently come into some money from an inheritance so I am paying off loans and having the surgery soon. Good Luck!

Lizziet: I started at 262; size 24/26. Currently, I look fine in clothing with the exception of my arms, but naked I am not happy. I hope you don't have problems.

Doc examined my mud flaps today. He said he didn't think I would escape the dreaded loose skin. I was so bummed. BUT I'm MUCH older than you. At 48 I couldn't really expect a miracle in that area....

o wow good for u.... but yea i dont know i have been big all my life...but im going to go through with it and deal with that situation when it comes... maybe ill be ok

The worst part for me has been my boobs. They are just down right nasty.

Good luck.

I hear ya on the boobs thing!

OMG! Not only have I come from a DD to a C, but they are saggy baggy and downright nasty! :sneaky:

If I bend over they practically hang down to my knees!!! ACK! If they get anymore deflated, I may be able to sling them over my shoulder when they get in the way! HA! :drool:

Thank goodness for foam padded bras!!! :w00t: