Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nut Dr. Couldn't Have Cared Less...

so i'm just gonna rant and rave (short one) right now so bare with me...

SOOOOOO, I had my nut eval last week on Wednesday and the Doctor couldn't have cared less about me or why I was there. He didn't ask me crap!!! just made me fill out a "questionaire", asked what my parent's and sibling's weight was, if i took drugs and what i have tried to lose weight!!!

He was so effin monotone, bored and looked like he was frustrated with me. then he just gave me two sheets of paper with questions that ranked my "depression" and the other was an observation of my behavior. He said, "look at these and bring them back in 10 days. Thank you."

I don't know whether I'm suppose to fill them out or wait til i see him again and have him "observe my behavior."

Has anyone had a nut who needed to see them twice?? or has had one that was just plain uninterested in you? I payed 25 bucks for a guy to sit there and go through the motions...

Am I thinking too much into this??

I just don't want him to "fail" me! :banghead: :nonod:

I saw my Nut 3 times. All of the times she was super nice and we went over lots of information. Never had to fill out any forms or anything. Can you get a different NUT? They are there to help you and advise you in any way about what to eat when to eat and how to eat. You should feel good about it, not bad.

I answered plenty of questions, but the conversation was smooth. We talked about weight loss attempts, drugs I have taken, family history, etc. She also talked to me about how I was doing on my pre-op diet, if I was drinking soda, how much Water I was drinking, and also how I felt about who I would be and what I would eat after surgery.

If you can't get a new NUT then I would say to get tough. You ask him what you want to know. Some people just aren't personable, I don't understand why they would go into a profession where they deal with people but unfortunately they do. Good Luck hun it will all work out in the end.

Are you talking about a Psych doctor or a "Nut" (nutritionist)? If it's the psych doctor, I think many of us have had to fill out forms and do questionaires. I would follow the instructions given and if you have any question as to what you are supposed to do with the forms sent home, just call the office and ask them what you are supposed to do. That is their job and they are there to help you. Don't settle for less. Good luck on your journey!

Speak up, I would make some notes to remember questions to ask when you go back. Its easy to forget under pressure. I have found my Docs are happy to answer questions, but are not always good at reading my mind! A good bed side manner is gold, but it is you who needs to look out for yourself.

Are you talking about a Psych doctor or a "Nut" (nutritionist)?!

I'm actually talking about both. :/ I'm going to call my doctors office today and see if they can refer me to somebody else.

and thank you to all you all for the advice. I have a lot of questions to ask them, so if they can't switch me, I will sit there until they both answer every single one of them!!! :)

but again, thank you for letting me vent and for all the advice! I don't know what I would do without this family!!!

I only had to see my nut once prior to surgery..the psych once too. I will tell you this though. I started out with a different surgeon when I first started my journey. Different doctor and even a different hospital. I went to two or three appointments and everytime I left the office I had the same sort of feeling you described. My dr was also very monotone and didnt really seemed interested in me as a patient (in fact my pre-op appt was all of 10 mins and he described it as only a check off the insurance requirement list!). I finally decided to find another dr. I couldnt fully trust this other man and couldn't imagine putting my life into his hands. I am so happy I changed and for me it was the right decision. I'm not sure if changing drs is an option, if it isn't, I agree with feedyoureye...Speak Up!! This is too important to not feel 100% comfortable :-) Good luck to you!

Simply love my nut doc had to see her twice once for a class and then again for one on one. And I decided to go back, she made real life plans for meals and all that jazz. Also she's not a suga coater str8 to the point love it. She even huged me and believes in me and my journey.

I only saw mine once. The nut could have cared less and check this out, he needed the surgery wayyyyy more than me lol.

Sweet Babe Jesus ur to funny I love mines now I had one years ago... that was unrealistic he wanted me to give up meat and I love chicken lmao... but he was tripping and he was not as caring need I say then I had not so good insurance and he treated me as such

I only saw mine once. The nut could have cared less and check this out, he needed the surgery wayyyyy more than me lol.

LOL!!!! that is hilarious!!!! My nut weighed about 100 lbs and looked anorexic!! i was about to tell her that she needed to eat a little more! maybe that's why she was so "blah"... i don't know!! but y'all just made me laugh!! I needed that today! :)

Sweet Babe Jesus ur to funny I love mines now I had one years ago... that was unrealistic he wanted me to give up meat and I love chicken lmao... but he was tripping and he was not as caring need I say then I had not so good insurance and he treated me as such

Yeah, I've noticed that doctors and such treat you different depending on the insurance you have or not have. It's very sad. :(

My advice: Let it slide. Some people are just a$$holes and there is nothing you can do to change it. If you get what you need from them then just ignore them. I know it's hard and I know I've wanted to slap the **** out of some "professionals" of nearly any ilk but I've learned the hard way to pick my battles. making a fuss over stuff like this will not offer any victory and chances are the jerks will just subvert your progress towards your goal. They are not worth it and YOU are better than that.

Just my 2 cents, sorry for the language.

Well after all that I have gr8 insurance now hard work pays off, but God knows I pray for those who had or has bad insurance.

My advice: Let it slide. Some people are just a$$holes and there is nothing you can do to change it. If you get what you need from them then just ignore them. I know it's hard and I know I've wanted to slap the **** out of some "professionals" of nearly any ilk but I've learned the hard way to pick my battles. making a fuss over stuff like this will not offer any victory and chances are the jerks will just subvert your progress towards your goal. They are not worth it and YOU are better than that.

Just my 2 cents, sorry for the language.

No need to be sorry. I'm tempted to use that language a lot right now. :-/ And yes, you are right, but I'm just scared, i guess. I don't know how I'm going to handle the "not eating" afterwards. I mean, if I can't really control my eating habits right now, how am i suppose to do it later? If I don't have someone to guide me, then how am i suppose to do this?

Well after all that I have gr8 insurance now hard work pays off, but God knows I pray for those who had or has bad insurance.

I'm glad you have great insurance, I do too! i love it. I just feel bad when people get treated differently because of it.