Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Y'all! I am nearly 15 months out and I am noticing my loose skin seems to be bouncing back (especially my arms)...Is this really possible???, or am I just getting use to looking at it??? LOL! My hubby said he's noticed it bouncing back as well. I'm sure it's possible for someone in their 20's or even 30's, but I am almost 44 yrs. old...can this really be happening??? :) I don't work out :( l I know I should, and I'm sure if I did it would help even more.

Anyone else notice this???

I have no idea whether it is actually true or not... however I have heard that it can take up to two years after losing the weight for the skin to start to snap back, which is why people are told to wait before having plastic surgery. I am only two months out and I sure hope that this lose skin that I already have will tighten up over time!

I wouldn't over-think it :) Just be happy it's happening!

hope this happens for me!

who cares if it is 'real' or not...lol... it is how you feel that is more important! And if hubby is noticing too... well, I would just take that one for the team!

Good job! x

I have heard from numerous people in my local WLS group that skin continues to change and fat continues to move to different areas up through 2 years post op and most people in our group are 40+.

I have heard from numerous people in my local WLS group that skin continues to change and fat continues to move to different areas up through 2 years post op and most people in our group are 40+.

Thank you so much sasicas! This is the information I was hoping to hear :)...I have a question for you to ask next time at your support group (if you don't mind). So when you say 2 years post op, is that from their goal weight when maintenance starts or 2 years post op from actual surgery date? I really just noticed the rebound during the last few months during maintenance (I'm at nearly 6 months maintenance now).

Hearing from you made my day. I am so excited! Thank you for your help sweets :)

No problem! I will absolutely ask them next time. One of the biggest discussions is when to go through with the skin removal surgeries and all have said to get through the first few years because of how much the skin will change. They think I am insane for looking into a Tummy Tuck already but in my case, my stomach won't fix itself because of damage from all the c-sections, they said I had age on my side (I'm in my 20s, but there is NO fixing that without surgery ha!). Everything else though seems to be changing daily, and I don't exercise either.

I am not at goal yet, but at almost 10 months some of my lose skin seems to be shrinking. I have high hopes this will continue! My legs/inside thighs already look "good enough", the arms are better then expected, the stomach is ok. The butt is still saggy and the back (above bra on sides) is the worst. When leaning over and looking in the mirror, all bets are off! Gravity is not my friend. Luckily, I do not plan on using the jungle gym anytime soon! I am 58 so there is hope for you!

Oh my goodness! I hope it does snap back. Overall, I'm so happy to be thinner I can live with it. But if it snaps back even some, I will be thrilled! Keep us posted. And congrats on 6 months in maintenance. I have to admit, maintenance is what scares me the most. It's easier to be good while all these big changes are happening and I still feel bad after eating junk.

Lynda

I'm 55 and I notice some of my skin bouncing back.

I agree with Coops! It's more about how you feel. If you feel it's bouncing back and so does your hubby.... isn't that enough?!

No problem! I will absolutely ask them next time. One of the biggest discussions is when to go through with the skin removal surgeries and all have said to get through the first few years because of how much the skin will change. They think I am insane for looking into a Tummy Tuck already but in my case, my stomach won't fix itself because of damage from all the c-sections, they said I had age on my side (I'm in my 20s, but there is NO fixing that without surgery ha!). Everything else though seems to be changing daily, and I don't exercise either.

I hear you on the tummy-mine has been through the MILL for sure but I mainly see improvement in my arms and some other places which is a miracle. I'm so hopeful hearing your information :) thanks again!

I'm 55 and I notice some of my skin bouncing back.

YAYYY Luna good to hear this! Now I can share it with others when I speak at Options and give them hope as well...hugs!

I am not at goal yet, but at almost 10 months some of my lose skin seems to be shrinking. I have high hopes this will continue! My legs/inside thighs already look "good enough", the arms are better then expected, the stomach is ok. The butt is still saggy and the back (above bra on sides) is the worst. When leaning over and looking in the mirror, all bets are off! Gravity is not my friend. Luckily, I do not plan on using the jungle gym anytime soon! I am 58 so there is hope for you!

I'm totally with you girlie! And I guess there is hope for all of us yayyyyy!

Omg skin bouncing back? That would be AMAZING! My tummy there is no hope for but perhaps my arms and thighs? Oh that would be fabulous because I don't really like the results/scars of either of those surgeries!