Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, it's official, I hate the grocery checkout

This afternoon I went shopping, and I was confronted with all the magazines that promise weight loss, or celebrites who are too thin because they're mental, or whatever.

I'm just so discouraged. I know that so many people have lost weight with the band, and I know that other people have lost weight with other WLS. I have to keep hope that once my Cushings is resolves that I will be able to lose weight. I know that so many folks on my other board who've had succesful surgeries have gone on to dramtic weightloss.

I'll start testing tomorrow, basicly because I'm so pissed off at the world.

hey vines ***HUGS***...that's all it takes....is one positive step in the right direction. Testing is good!

Hang in there.

Vines, I am sorry. Would you like to come visit me and go grocery shopping? There are no magazines by the checkouts. I could use company.

Good luck with your testing and keep your chin up (and the weight will start falling off). Celeste

Hi Vines, I think it's fair to have the expectation of the dramatic weight loss for yourself, too. I really think having that expectation sends a message to the universe that will set the wheels in motion for the expectation to be realized.

Many years ago I had drug induced Cushings syndrome (as opposed to disease like you) that set this whole whole weight thing going. Dang, hey?

Good luck with all your testing. I hope you get a surgery date soon and start a new chapter in your life.

Think that's bad...

I was checkingl out at the grocery store the other day, and the cashier was a pretty young girl... when I got to the register, she had...

MAN HANDS, just like the Seinfeld episode. They were HUGE and burly! I swear she had hairy knuckles too. Big huge football player mits on a petite young girl. I thought she could crush my canned Soup with those mitts... I mean they were frightening! Dirty fingernails, all F'ed up. Whoowee.

Just thought I'd share, and make ya laugh.

Everyone looses differently. Never compare yourself to celebrities with their personal trainers, and chefs etc. They also have no real life to speak of, jobs, household chores etc, so they can workout all day.

Yeah, I hate the grocery store checkout, too. Have you noticed that every single magazine cover features a thin young white woman? (Maybe this is just in my area?) I feel so sad, knowing that young girls are being exposed to the message that being thin, young, and white is the most desirable way to be.:cry

NancyRN

Yeah, I hate the grocery store checkout, too. Have you noticed that every single magazine cover features a thin young white woman? (Maybe this is just in my area?) I feel so sad, knowing that young girls are being exposed to the message that being thin, young, and white is the most desirable way to be.:cry

NancyRN

I agree with everyone and I have one thought...photoshop!! You can make anyone look skinny as heck with a good computer. That's what I tell myself when I see these "goddesses" on magazine shelves!! Real people don't look like that and that's my goal...to be a healthy "real person".

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I know that they airbrush the models, and digitally manipulate them so they look perfect, thanks for reminding me Lapbandit! I had completely forgotten that.

Part of my frustration right now is knowing that there isn't anything I can do to lose weight, and it's just really hard to have all these things in my face. Neener Neener! Not for you! It's like being the last kid in line where they are passing out ice cream and they run out just before they get to you. Everyone else gets some but you.

Isn't it funny? Not even the models look at good as the models! (Those in magazines vs. those in reality) I used to wonder how the models on magazine covers looked so impossibly gorgeous.:rolleyes: Now, I know -- they don't. I remember a couple of years ago Jamie Lee Curtis did a magazine photo spread showing how she looked when she started out on a shoot (bags under eyes, flabby waist, etc.) and what she looked like after all the experts got done with her (gorgeous and trim). She did the spread because she didn't want people hoodwinked into thinking she looks in reality the way she looks in photos.:)

NancyRN

you know, E V E R Y T I M E I see Woman's World Magazine (can I say the name?) there's a cover story regarding some woman that's lost 115 pounds and has SECRETS she wants to share.

ok, so how many ways are there to lose weight?

Reduce calories, eat low carb, exercise, drink lots of Water and get good sleep.

voila!

((Then of coarse there's also 'Crystal-ism' where NOTHING works ;). ))

52 weeks a year this magazine is printed - and all 52 weeks there is "Jane lost 150 pounds in 6 months. Find out HOW she did it."

Or

Trim 60,000 inches off your stomach fat by SLEEPING!

whatever.

Yep Vines, Im sick of all that crap too.

I have to keep hope that once my Cushings is resolves that I will be able to lose weight. I know that so many folks on my other board who've had succesful surgeries have gone on to dramtic weightloss

Just hang in there Sister, you're paving the way for so many others.