Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

a little about me...and question bout sleep study & psych eval???

hi everyone!:rolleyes:

IM SO NERVOUS....im 26 y/o texas girl...364 lbs :mellow: (weighed by primary care doc at beginning of month) at first i used to be ashamed to admit my weight but hell...im here for a reason and that's to be the biggest loser i can be :) doc put me on a 1600 calorie diet..and i lost 10 lbs already...um..my bmi is 57 :( uuuuuugh..

semi short story: which i posted on my profile but ill tell here too, had the nutritionist call me 2 weeks ago to schedule my first appt with her for today 10/20 @ 5pm for my first class..its super hard for me to schedule days off work so i put in the request to get of early and make up my time this Saturday. they (BaylorWorx) called me yesterday to confirm my appt for today..i called back..no answer left message to say 'yes im coming' get there today (after leaving work early) for them to tell me im too early..ok no biggie..i like being early anyway..so then 30 minutes later they call me back and say 'whats your name' i tell them...they say 'i dont show that you are scheduled' i said um yes i am..they said 'are you sure' i said yes, i have the msg on my phone..so i play the voicemail so they can hear my confirmation (so glad i save msgs) they call the coordinator on her cell and she says i have no classes today...come to find out, they claim the assistant who called me to confirm didnt put me in the system so the nutritionist lady went home...so they have to call me tomorrow to reschedule..they apologized and said my real '1st class/appt' will be free of charge..o whatever!!! that right there made me bust out in tears once i made it to my car..i dont know why...i was just so frustrated..i called my mom and boyfriend just crying my heart out..im somewhat over it...i realized that i made such an effort to organize everything i even have a book i labeled WLS journey documenting who i speak to, their number, time i called outcome of call, appt date, and time and they throw a monkey wrench in my plans...guess i really do need therapy..whew..i really needed to get that off my chest...pray for me guys...im only in the 1st month of this 6 month journey and im already breaking down...but im a strong girl..i got this!! :)...;)

im not sure if this question(s) has been asked and replied to and if so could you point me in the right direction? :) ok ready..here goes :)...

i have a psych eval next Thursday and i'm kind of nervous to see what she will ask or expect me to say...i'm not crazy and I've fully made up my mind that WLS is something i want to do..so if that's all she wants to know i guess im good to go lol but i wanted to see what you all have experienced...the good, bad, and ugly (yikes)

sleep study appt next Tuesday which is more of a consultation i think...eh..so i guess they will see if i have sleep apnea..all i know is..i snore..BAD...:(

thanks for reading..

The psych eval wasn't that bad for me. I talked to the lady for a while. She asked me questions about my family, my history with weight problems as well as my family's weight. I had to explain the type of surgery I wanted and why. I also had to discuss some of my other weight loss attempts. A lot of it was normal medical history stuff. I then took a personality test. It was true/false and made up of statements that I either agreed with or disagreed with -- they were all "I" type statements.

The sleep study was harder. I was wired up quite a bit. I didn't know there could be that many lines attached to a human body. The place was very nice, and the guy hooking everything up did a great job of talking me through everything and making it comfortable. The worst thing was they put one of those heartbeat monitors on my finger that glows red. Every time I moved my hand in front of my face, it woke me up.

I move a lot anyway at night, and it was not exception during the sleep study. I didn't have sleep apnea, but the cost of the study surprised me. It was over $2,000.

I snored pretty regularly before the surgery, but I haven't snored at all since my surgery.

I did not have to do a psych evaluation though it was recommended by Kaiser. My understanding is though the purpose is to make sure you are mentally prepared for lifestyle change. It is a big commitment but if you adhere to the diet before surgery you are preparing yourself to an extent.

I had sleep apnea, it is now gone with surgery. Tell tale symptoms are: Snoring, waking up with a drenched pillow - sleep apnea causes you to stop breathing so carbon dioxide builds up causing your temperature to rise resulting in sweating, and your spouse constantly kicking or waking you up saying you stop breathing or snoring.