Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in the CA High Desert?

Hi to All!!

I am now 10days out and know quite a few who have had GB, but no one who has gone through VSG. I would love to find some local buddies and support.

I am married with two little ones (4 & 1) and could desarately use advise on how to prepare meals for all or do you make separate. Do you eat together? Everything is so new now.

I am 5 weeks out, had the VSG at the end of July and live in Apple Valley. Surgery has kinda kicked my butt more than I thought it would but I also only took one week off from work. It would be helpful if you have a little help in the beginning with your little ones. Not being able to lift much might be an issue for you. Cooking has not been an issue yet since I have no small children at home. When I have made meals for company, like my children and grandchildren, I just cook something nice and there is always something in there I can eat too. There is a local support group in Victorville that I attend and another one in Hesperia that I have not tried yet. Let me know if you need the details.

Oh yes please! I would appreciate info on both clubs. I live in Phelan but work in Victorville. Are there meetings at night by chance?

I hear you about the surgery being harder on yourself than you thought. I have never really had any hospital time with exception og childbirth. I am dragging!!! I am an older mom. Inhad my first at 40 and 2nd at 43. I am tired ALL.THE.TIME caring for them, hubby and

myself. I took 8weeks off of work. My last kid was c-section and I needed all 8weeks to recoup.

Thanks for getting back to me!!!!

:rolleyes: Hi there. I live in Apple Valley and I am scheduled for my VSG surgery on Thursday 9/08/11. I am a Kaiser patient and my surgeon is Dr. Fedorka. I am getting nervous about the surgery but

feel like I am ready to shed the weight and move on in a positive direction. My knees have really been hurting me lately and I'm hoping that with the wt loss that will get better!! I attended the

support group in VV about 3mo. ago and it was pretty good. I might try to go tomorrow. I would love to talk with someone who has had the sleeve!! Tomorrow I am running all over the desert

trying to get the last minute details done before the surgery. Honestly, I just want it over with!! I'm a little nervous about the pain since I've never had any kind of surgery. Good luck to you.

Maybe we will meet at a support group. Good luck to you...Robyn

The Victorville support group is held the 2nd Tuesday every month at 7 pm at the Golden West Mobile Home Park clubhouse. I will look for a phone number for more info.

YAY!!!! I so want to meet up with you guys.

I live in Hesperia

Don't have a surgery date but praying I will in December.

Hi to All!!

I am now 10days out and know quite a few who have had GB, but no one who has gone through VSG. I would love to find some local buddies and support.

I am married with two little ones (4 & 1) and could desarately use advise on how to prepare meals for all or do you make separate. Do you eat together? Everything is so new now.

Hi, I live in Hesperia and will get my new sleeve on 10/6. There is a support group that meets here on the 3rd thues (we met last night) of each month and is very good. I am having surgery down in San Diego with Dr. Taller at Scripps Mercy (through Kaiser). No kids at home and I retired on disability early (last year, I am 54).

Get you Husband to lend a hand with this and show some support. Also, prioritize. let things go for now that aren't that important. Right now, your recovery is the most important thing and it will take some time until you feel 100%. You have had major surgery, you are recovering and you are changing you entire life in the process. Don't try to do it all at this stage.

Anyway, I am usually around here every day, feel free to contact me!

Hugs and best of luck

Carlen

Hi, I live in Hesperia and will get my new sleeve on 10/6. There is a support group that meets here on the 3rd thues (we met last night) of each month and is very good. I am having surgery down in San Diego with Dr. Taller at Scripps Mercy (through Kaiser). No kids at home and I retired on disability early (last year, I am 54).

Get you Husband to lend a hand with this and show some support. Also, prioritize. let things go for now that aren't that important. Right now, your recovery is the most important thing and it will take some time until you feel 100%. You have had major surgery, you are recovering and you are changing you entire life in the process. Don't try to do it all at this stage.

Anyway, I am usually around here every day, feel free to contact me!

Hugs and best of luck

Carlen

Nice to meet you! Congrats on your surgery date.

Can you send me the address and what time of where you meet at?