Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DAMN RIGHT!!! Its been 5 years since I've been under 300. The only problem is if I weigh 299.9, than I can only Celebrate with less than .1 in weight of beer or I'll be over again...LOL:p

Good vibes coming from NJ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come on, you can do it !!!! here's a TOOT to the TWOSIES!!!!

Come on Cloe you can do it - just stick your hand out and there are a whole bunch of hands there to pull you over!!!!!

Good luck Cloe! Your weight loss has been sooooooooo good. I am sooooooo discouraged. I have not been posting but I have been reading some. I just keep gaining.

I had my first fill yesterday. Marie did it and she had a few problems. I think she was about to give up when she felt she finally hit the port.

She sent me over to Moma Rosa's to egg a scrambled egg to make sure I was ok before I got on the train to come home. I was ok so I went for the train.

This morning I really don't feel any different. She said I am not eating enough calories - but I am gaining on what I am eating and I just can't see myself eating more. It is very discouraging and I am quite depressed. I feel like I am caught in some black hole that I can't climb out of. The tears are running down my face as I write this.

You all are doing so well and I am gaining! I feel like a failure. I didn't tell many people about my surgery - just 4 or 5 but I already feel like I am not living up to "expectations".

This process is not supposed to be another failure. I lost on opti-fast - I only had 2 per day and then the veggies at night and I am tempted to go back to that. However, it is an unrealistic life diet for sure and I don't know how long I could keep that up. It was about 600 cals per day to lose for me.

Sorry everyone - this was probably not the right place to post this but when I read all the posts here - I just became overwhelmed with emotion.

The point was to encourage YOU CLOE!!!!

good luck

jude

Hey Jude,

I'm sorry you're having such a crappy time. I know what you mean about not living up to their expectations, I felt (and feel) the same way. I was stuck at the same weight for a couple weeks before, and a couple weeks after my first fill. That was pretty discouraging, but eventually it just started happening. I'm not losing lots, a pound here, 0.6lbs there, but it's something. Give it some time.

When you do eat, what do you eat? If you can't eat very much, are you say, eating JUST your chicken(beef/fish/pork)? If you're eating lots of Protein, and still not getting enough calories, what about boosting the calories with something easy enough to add to meat without making it 'more' to eat... like gravy or mayo? What about doing Protein shakes? Make 'em with milk, if you need the calories.

I dunno... just some suggestions. They say that if you're not eating enough, your body WILL hold on to what you give it, and that's probably why you're gaining.

I just got back (as of today, so who know if it'll stick) into the habit of using sparkpeople.com to track my food. You're probably already doing that though, if Marie was able to determine that you're not eating enough. If you're not, check it out. I like it way better than fitday.

Cheer up, it's gonna be ok. It'll pick up, I'm SURE of it. :hug:

oh, P.S. I also didn't feel anything right after my fill, and really not until a few days later. Even then and since then, it's not been all that great. Give it a few days, even a week, and I bet you'll notice SOMEthing :eek:

Jude - it's so good to hear from you, I'm sorry it's not working out the way you would like. Hang in there!!! Really it can only get better, right? Listen to Marie and Dr. Cobourn and it will happen. The band isn't gonna fall out, if this fill dosent work, you'll get another, and so on...were all here to cheer you on.:cheer2:

Hey "Just Paul" - You keep following me with that 12" Italian Sub, how's a girl to get under 300 that way!!........just kidding, really.... Thanks for the encouragement.

Thanks to Buffie, NJChick, Leila, Mandi and all others...anyday now I hope.

:update: I made it, I made it!!!

:Banane10: :eek: 298.4:eek: :Banane10:

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement!!!!!!

Congratulations Cloe :eek: :Banane10: Two gold stars for reaching twoterville, well done.:eek:

Maria:Banane40: