Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have the band... 6 mos post op and no weight lost. Really want the VSG..

I had band surgery in February... I am a little over 6 mos post op and if it wasn't for my scar and the fluoro machine showing I have something in me - I would bet my paycheck there's nothing there. I've never had stuck issues, pb's, any sort of pain. Literally it's exactly like I was pre-op. Good news is I haven't GAINED any weight... I wish I would of had the $ in the first place to get a Sleeve, but it took all I had to scrape up $ for the bamd... Dr Aceves was my doctor and I LOVE him, he is great. I am more depressed than ever now... I feel like a failure times 10. I have 7.25cc's in my band (I have the big one)... had about 6 fills at $200 a pop.... Going to look into my fiance's insurace to see if they cover WLS. My company does not, hence why I had to pay our of pocket for my band....which I am still paying off. Don't know why I am here or blabbing... just feel like I am alone!!

I'm so sorry you're having problems. I have heard it's really difficult to find the "sweet spot" with the band. I hope it works out for you to get a revision to the sleeve. Don't feel like a failure, a lot of folks have to revise to sleeve. I think you will find a lot of support here.

:)

Hi, you're not alone. I have seen myself as a failure because of my weight. If your lap band is not doing what it is designed to do, it's the lap bands failure not your's. Have you spoken to Dr Aceves on what can be done to hasten the results? My prayers are with you.

thanks for the responses...

I haven't talked with Dr A's nurse in many months - I emailed them when I was freaking out thinking there was a leak bc I was getting no restriction - she just suggested to get it checked under fluoro - which I did - and there is no leak... Not much they can do...

You're in bandster hell, and unfortunately, this "elusive" sweet spot doesn't exist. Even the long term bandsters admit that it's just that "elusive" and many bandsters never find it, or get restriction with the band. I wish I could give you hope, but it's becoming a more common issue with the bands. I'm sorry you are struggling, and would recommend just pushing Protein until you can get restriction. I know that band life is tough. I had every issue within the first 3 months of having mine, and so grateful I was able to revise.

Keep us posted, and hope you get some good answers on possibly revising.

Talk to Dr A about your issues and struggles and see where he leads you.

I just emailed Gaby to let her know what was going on....waiting for her reply...

So sorry to hear about your dilemma. I found that, after my intial fill, I lost weight slowly for about 5 months and then it stopped. That was it. No amount of fills / unfills would do the trick. I always had a type of restriction that made food feel weird when I ate it, but then I could usually eat fairly normally after the first couple of bites. Of course, I couldn't eat anything healthy like chicken or raw vegetables.

Dr Aceves was my revision surgeon and he is an exceptional physician. The tool is flawed. Make sure you check with the doc and see if there any any other suggestions they have for you. You can try more aggressive fill and see if it works.

Hang in there!!

Hey everyone - I've decided to return to Mexicali next month to get checked out by Dr. A and Dr. Campos.... I would be spending almost the same amount of money on a fill here with some no-name doctor - so I feel it would be worth it to go back...

I always went to Mexico for fills because it was convenient for me and they always do it under flouro so you can really see what's going on.

Good luck!!