Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

Just take it easy Mandi and be good to yourself. I know how concerned you must be. I hope this clears up for you soon. I hate being sick. Get better. :hug:

Thank you guys.

I don't think it's band related, but I'm like this because of the band... if that makes sense. Whatever I did has made the stomach gods very angry at me.. It's definitely not a flu or anything like that. It's just weird, irritated stomach-ness.

Today DID seem a tad better. Dan said "We have to go out for dinner tomorrow night." and boy, did he get a dirty look. My idea of a romantic dinner doesn't include Soup. GRR!

Vomitting when I had something in my stomach was not that different... but it was all liquids, so, maybe I didn't notice it because of the uhh... spray! Then when I got to the point where I had nothing TO come up, some scary noises came out of my mouth! It sounded like a really deep man-burp. I gained control after 2 of those suckers! It didn't hurt, but it was not a good feeling. Of course now I'm all worried that I made it slip... but I'm sure I'm fine. I will say that the puking really irritated my already irritated stomach, and I just need to be careful for a while. I'm hoping it won't last too long.

Last night I drank alot of water... which ended up with me going to bed FULL of water.... which ended up with me burping UP Water, then continuing to do so in my sleep, which caused random 'fits' throughout the night! Not fun. I will make sure I'm empty way before bed. Never happened before. Maybe I'm not 'draining' well, and there's residual water staying in my pouch? I dunno.

I have to weigh myself again tomorrow. I don't want to!

Mandy if it keeps up why don,t you email Dr.Cobourn at the clinic and ask his opinion, maybe he can recommend something for you. Look after yourself, you have come too far to sabotage yourself now. :hug:

Maria :)

Stupid computer...Back now.

Mandi-hope you are feeling better. That sounds awful. Need me to come down for a visit and take care of you? Freakin' jean still missing? Maybe Dan has some 'splainin' to do?

Feel better friend. :)

Mookie

Hey guys!

Well, I made it. I caught that evasive 100lbs. Something good HAS come from my not feeling good. Crazy how a few days ago I can weigh myself and I'm not sure that I'll even make it to 184 by today, and then today, I'm in the 181's.

So, it's been exactly 46 weeks for me. I could say 48, technically, because of the pre-op diet. My one year anniversary's comin' up.... I should make a goal for that. I really shouldn't... I NEVER thought I would be at 100lbs lost in a YEAR, let alone 11 months (hehe, in my world, 11 months won't really be til the end of Feb, a month before my bandiversary!) I wrote notes to myself on my calendar, that even 52lbs by the end of the year would be awesome, because that would mean I made the 1-2lbs a week target.

Anyways... gotta get ready for work. Since it's a big day, I'll take some pictures today... do my measurements...all that good stuff. Oh yeah... it's Valentine's Day! Dan made me a card, and gave me some loverly tulips!

Later guys :)

(oh yeah, mookie.. nope the jeans are still travellin'. That MUST be it... Dan couldn't fit them! {I used to not be able to fit his... by far!}

And hope you guys are not having too many problems with all the snow... all you who got hit, or are gonna. It's on its way over here, this afternoon/evening... so... :phanvan )

Mandi how are you feeling today?, are you able to eat anything?, are you still throwing up?. Thinking about you and hope you are feeling much better. :)

Maria :D

Oh guys... the horror. Things weren't feeling any better this morning, so I finished typing my email to Dr. C, and CCed it to the nurses as well, in case one of the other got it first. Sue, a nurse got back to me right away, said that Dr. C was in surgery today but she'd have him talk to me ASAP. She ended up talking to him inbetween surgeries or something, and emailed me back that he said for me to get a defill, in case I have a slip. I replied saying "nooooooooo! a complete defill?!"... anyways, he called me on my cell. Told me that I needed a complete defill, in case it was a slip (and regardless to give my stomach a break). I asked if there wasn't a way I could get an xray here and if that would show if it was slipped.. and if maybe someone atthe hospital knew how to do a defill. He said yes, called the radiologist here, called me back, the radiologist would do an abdominal xray, and give a defill a try.

I went to the ER, went to see this one Dr. who I was told would just be giving me the go-ahead to go for the xray. I got the xrays, saw the radiologist briefly, was told to go back to the ER and wait. Waited for SOOOOO long, to have the original Dr. say "Everything look's good. There's nothing in there." And I was like "Ummm... what?" He said nothing was stuck, it was all good. I asked wasn't the radio. gonna take the Fluid out? He said they didn't need to. I said but I was throwing up, and I think everything's irritated, cause I can't eat or drink. He said that happens to everyone... it would be ok soon. :rolleyes I said that I was SURE Dr. Cobourn said I would have to get defilled regardless of what the xrays showed. He hesitatingly said he'd give Dr. C a call back.

Came back into the room and said "oh yeah, you were right. He said you'd feel 100% better when you had it removed." Anyways, this guy gets all set up to try to remove the saline. He brought in a nurse who was very experienced with port-o-caths. They both seemed so confident that it was gonna be easy. Then after the 2nd poke, he called Dr. C back and said he couldn't get any fluid out...was he supposed to go in kind of sideways? Dr. C said no. So he tried it once more. Nothing. Actually, the first time he said there was maybe a couple drops? It felt like he was hitting the back of the port, and I heard the needle scratching the back (i think), but nothing!?

I mentioned how the Dr. in Moncton does all his fills with flouro. He said, oh yeah, that would be an option.... gave the radiologist a call, told him about the problem, and they're going to call me tomorrow morning and hopefully bring me in tomorrow to have the radiologist do it under flouro. That should be pretty fool proof, I would think. The Dr. said that "If that doesn't work, maybe the tubing is kinked!" :mad: I didn't want to tell him that it took Marie longer the last time she did it, cause I didn't want him doing it anymore!

I called Dr. C after wards and told him he couldn't remove it, and about the flouro. Dr. C asked if the Dr had told me that the xrays looked good, and how they were supposed to look (as Dr C told him over the phone what to look for) I said yeah.

So, that's it. They don't think it's a slip, but I still need the damn defill. I'm worried from what I've heard about people trying to get back to where they were prior to a defill, but he's said he's never had problems.... it shoulb be fine. I'd get an initial 1cc fill again, then maybe another 0.5 the next time. I think I wouldn't get 0.5 though, because of my last fill... maybe 0.3.

There it is guys. I was upset. It all happened so fast... I barely told Dan that I was leaving work. I guess I should just be happy that this is all it is... no slip. I'll have a little band-cation... maybe I'll have a sandwich? I just hope I don't gain. MAN... I don't wanna go back under the 100 mark!!!! I think it would only be a couple weeks (but then again, depending on when I can get to NS to have a fill). But how can I not be worried that this NS lady won't have a hard time with me too. I really don't like all the pushing on my port... ouch. I am gonna have a bruise tomorrow, I'm sure.

Booooo hooo for me. :think

Ok, time for me to look at some positives in the form of measurements

head - 23 to 22.75

neck - 16 to 13.75

chest - 55 to 42

waist - 48 to 35

hips - 54 to 42

around thighs - 43.5 to 39

around calves - 30 to 25

left arm - 18 to 15

right arm - 18.5 to 15

56.5 inches... that's good.

ohh Mandi this whole things sounds awful,for many reasons the first being it's your 100lb anniversary...NOT A GREAT WAY TO Celebrate THE MILESTONE! It sometimes worries me about being this far away from Toronto when stuff like this comes up.I still don't quite understand why a total defil,why not a partial? Hope things get figured out for you tomorrow because this can't be fun for you...keep us posted.:mad: :)

Mandi that is tough. but hopefully it will only be for a short time, the only good news was that you did not have a slip. Hopefully the nurse in NS has a few fills under her belt, that she will have no problem finding your port.

Sorry you are having to go thru this when you have come so far, but it will get better, think positive. :hug:

Maria :mad:

Wow Mandi, what the heck is going on ?!!!These things always make me wonder why go through this to begin with? At least you hve lossed a considerable amount of weight. I was banded in August and my total weight loss is 25 lbs. You on the other hand have lost 100!!!that is so awsome.

I went through all the trouble of setting everything up tonight. The seafood, filet mignon, etc. A very romantic diner with the fireplace scented candles and all...but while we were supposed to be eating, after a shrimp and a scallops, I spent the meal in the bathroom sliming and pbing. How romantic is that?????

Anyhoooo. I hope you are feeling better soon, glad to hear that it's not a slipped band.

Good luck Mandi :mad:

Aww Wheezy, that really sucks. Did he enjoy the dinner at least ? hehe

I really feel bad that it's not going smooth for you. Seeing you in the waiting room the morning of your surgery, I only had good things to say... and even now I wouldn't tell anyone not to get banded. What do they have to say about how you're doing? Do they suggest more of a fill... do you think you could take more of one?

Good luck to you too. :hug:

and thank you Maria and Mrs. Toes.

Oh, Maria, you asked earlier... no, I haven't 'really' thrown up since Sunday. And by 'really', I mean really being physically nauseous and HAVING to throw up. Not 'pbing'... cause yeah, that's been happening alot still. Eating? What's that? Today I had high hopes when I started with tea in the morning... it wasn't sitting well, so I moved to just boiled Water, had a bit of that, and then tried to sip a little cold water. That felt the best, so I stuck with it. Tiny tiny sips. Had another 'cup' of chick. noodle Soup, minus most of the noodles, then a romantic ice cream dinner.

I really can't wait for the defill. It's scary, but I am not enjoying this one bit. I'm just worried that for some reason they won't be able to get it out. The Dr. said that if they can't do it by flouro, the tubing must be kinked or something! Is it possible, could they possibly NOT be able to hit the port correctly with flouro? Oh I hope not!

I'm going to sleep sitting up...as best I can, on the couch, tonight. Cause even stopping drinking 3 hours before bed last night, I still coughed up water all night = hell. I don't wanna make tomorrow even worse, so.. I'll opt for trying to sleep sitting up.

Thank you again guys. I'm really lucky to have you all. :think