Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some Serious Complaints!

SHOPPING FOR CLOTHES IS MUCH HARDER NOW. It used to be so easy -- just go into the store and look for the largest size they carried. In shirts, it was always XXL and in pants I had just moved to a 44.

Now, I have to try everything on -- I don't know my sizes any more. I am a medium in some shirts and a large in others. In pants, I am either a 34 or a 36 depending on the cut, but I have to try them all on.

Also, maybe it's just me, but when I was 300 pounds, I always had trouble finding my sizes. Feels like I was always looking for the big sizes. Now that I am an M or an L, all I seem to find are XXLs! Very strange indeed.

Of course, I am teasing about complaining. These are problems I'll take any day and ones that I am very grateful to have!

Wishing you all good luck,

Brian

Lol, I would love to be able to complain about something like that. Congrats on having this horrendous problem!

I feel for ya' Brian, I'm having the same "troubles" :lol:

Reminds me of an old Larry the Cable Guy bit, he buys his clothes at Walmart, because there he is a medium, every where else he is a XXXL.

Funny ... I had the same problem finding clothes in XL and XXL. Now, I can never find them small enough. It's like all they have are the big sizes. Oh well, it's the burden we must bare. :P

SHOPPING FOR CLOTHES IS MUCH HARDER NOW. It used to be so easy -- just go into the store and look for the largest size they carried. In shirts, it was always XXL and in pants I had just moved to a 44.

Now, I have to try everything on -- I don't know my sizes any more. I am a medium in some shirts and a large in others. In pants, I am either a 34 or a 36 depending on the cut, but I have to try them all on.

Also, maybe it's just me, but when I was 300 pounds, I always had trouble finding my sizes. Feels like I was always looking for the big sizes. Now that I am an M or an L, all I seem to find are XXLs! Very strange indeed.

Of course, I am teasing about complaining. These are problems I'll take any day and ones that I am very grateful to have!

Brian

Yup and that is one of my main reasons for not shopping, but i go through my 21 year old daughters stuff that doesn't fit her anymore instead. . just as annoying too. . . ugh. . . but it's better then 4XL shirts and 48 pants right???? Now it's either L shirts or 16/18 pants. . . depending on the maker of course. . . old navy fits better then wet seal and American Eagle fits about the same as Abercombie and Fitch , but i still like Torrid and Roamans the best! Old habits die hard

Oh my that is such a horrible problem to have. ;) he he! Congrats on your success. Here's to hoping you get through the oh-so-awful task of finding smaller clothes. :D

Brian

I hear you! I can't even pick out a bra anymore, of course you would know nothing of the sorts! But I find trying on clothes exhausting

!

I can't wait to have more of those problems. The only trouble seems to be my bra size which changes like every two weeks lol.

Totally feel your "pain" on that one!! The worst for me is underwear. I actually have to go and try on every cut and size of underwear because, in a addition to the size, the cuts all fit me differently now. So tedious!!!!

Brian

I'm with you, Brian. I'm not at my goal weight yet but I used to go into the store and just pick out my size. No trying it on because it would fit. Now I have to do do 'scouting' trips to determine what my size currently is. I was 4XLTs and 56 pants five months ago and now I'm looking at XLTs and 42 pants. But not every size fits because NOW I don't have the small selection to choose from but can actually shop in most stores. Places I wouldn't have considered before I think about.

Of course, I'm lossing weight so fast that I still can't buy what I want because I'm out of that size in 6 weeks :rolleyes: . I felt a big step happened when I no longer had to buy in the 'Big and Tall' for men in my pants. I could buy 'off the rack' so to speak. I'm still tall (6' 4") and still have long arms (38") so I have to buy shirts there which now mens trips to two different stores. Used to hate shopping...not now so much. Grateful for these problems.

Mark

I have a great idea, you just send me a check with the amount you would spend on clothes if you liked to shop, and I'll go shop for me instead!! LOL. AFter my surgery of course! Which is July 14th!!!

Just kidding, congrats, and I can't wait to have your problem!! lol

Shopping used to be so quick for me now like you don't know what size I am half the time and have to try stuff on, or else I am going back to the store to return it. I do find that I still gravitate towards the bigger sizes though, weird, but the brain is still catching up LOL.

OMG! I used to hate shopping with a passion! I never went to the store, would just give my mom money and tell her to pick me up something! Now I LOVE going in and trying to find size 6 pants and small and medium shirts and dressed to try on! it is like a fashion show, and my kids love it! then when i get home and try it all on for the hubby he is all in tears at how HOT i look!!!

I tell you this, buying clothes at size 16/18 sometimes 20 sucked cause the choices were minimal if you could even find that size, now to find a size 6 is getting difficult because not every store carries that size either! I had to settle on a size 8 Gap shorts for vacation because they didn't have a 6! BOO HOO POOR ME!!!!

ISN'T IT FREAKING GREAT!!!!!!!