Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back home from getting sleeved

So I got released last evening after having my sleeve portion done. I am finding in my experiece that the sleeve is FAR more painful than getting the band was. I am kind of wishing I could have stayed on IV pain meds a little bit longer. The liquid hydrocodone isn't cutting it for me.

Good news is that my surgeon said it was the easiest revision he has ever done. Zero adhesions or scar tissue, all my organs looked good and my stomach looked like it had never had a band on it. He says he thinks I should get the same results as someone who has never been banded, which is great news. Usually revisions don't lose as fast or as well or as much. So that makes me happy.

I woke up from anesthesia with such BAD chest pain that i would have swore I was having a heart attack. Obviously it was gas that had settled there. Deep breathing hurt something fierce but forced the gas downout of my chest. I still have not passed any of it though and am hoping today is the Magical Day of Toots.

I am really struggling now given the pain I am in to have any interest at all in sipping anything. I am having to force myself. After a couple of sips I actually feel full. I know that won't last - it is just swelling. And frankly I hope it doesn't. It is kind of scary t have no interest in even drinking, let alone eating. My weight is UP 8 lbs since the surgery, but I have pretty significant swelling and have no really passed much gas yet. I am praying for a lot of tooting today. Walking is difficult but I am making myself do it. My body wants to bend forward like a little old lady, so I have to make myself look at the horizon instead of my feet to stay straightened up. Ouchie.

I had some of the powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken broth flavored Protein Powder at the hospital and that was quite good. They also gave me no-sugar-added grade juice with 4 oz of juice and 4 oz of Water - that was really yummy. It was kind of funny getting a tray from them with all different kinds of drinks on it. Most things are tasting WAY too sweet to me - Crystal Light gave me dry heaves (which also seriously hurt).

I was sent home with my On-Q pump still in and given instructions on taking it out. It is empty now and I will remove it today. My cat seems to think I came home with my own personal kitty toy attached to me.

Yesterday in the afternoon my vision turned extremely blurry and I could not figure out why. My blood sugars are normal (not diabetic) and nothing I had taken has that side effect. I am thinking now it was plain old fashioned fatigue. I seem to fall asleep at the drop of a hat since surery and sleep hard until pain wakes me up, usually after about 2 hours. I was talking in my sleep a lot at the hospital and even drunk called my mother and left her a weird mesage that had nothing to do with anything. Poor Mom! lol!

Anyway,that's all in a nutshell I guess. Not having fun, but hopeful it will get a little better every day.

Anyway, I guess that is all I have

We have stairs in our home and I have gone up and down a few times. I think I am going to do that less often today. I suspect it plays into how much pain I am having.

I had my revision on Monday and to be honest Monday night and Tuesday were tough. but about 24 hours after surgery I just started feeling better. I stayed in the hospital for three days post and came home Thursday. I am feeling pretty good for having most of my stomach and band removed. It will get better!!! I know how you feel though. Oh, alos, once my drain came out I felt much better. So hand in there!!!

Best of luck

Patti

B)

So I got released last evening after having my sleeve portion done. I am finding in my experiece that the sleeve is FAR more painful than getting the band was. I am kind of wishing I could have stayed on IV pain meds a little bit longer. The liquid hydrocodone isn't cutting it for me.

Good news is that my surgeon said it was the easiest revision he has ever done. Zero adhesions or scar tissue, all my organs looked good and my stomach looked like it had never had a band on it. He says he thinks I should get the same results as someone who has never been banded, which is great news. Usually revisions don't lose as fast or as well or as much. So that makes me happy.

I woke up from anesthesia with such BAD chest pain that i would have swore I was having a heart attack. Obviously it was gas that had settled there. Deep breathing hurt something fierce but forced the gas downout of my chest. I still have not passed any of it though and am hoping today is the Magical Day of Toots.

I am really struggling now given the pain I am in to have any interest at all in sipping anything. I am having to force myself. After a couple of sips I actually feel full. I know that won't last - it is just swelling. And frankly I hope it doesn't. It is kind of scary t have no interest in even drinking, let alone eating. My weight is UP 8 lbs since the surgery, but I have pretty significant swelling and have no really passed much gas yet. I am praying for a lot of tooting today. Walking is difficult but I am making myself do it. My body wants to bend forward like a little old lady, so I have to make myself look at the horizon instead of my feet to stay straightened up. Ouchie.

I had some of the unjury chicken broth flavored Protein powder at the hospital and that was quite good. They also gave me no-sugar-added grade juice with 4 oz of juice and 4 oz of Water - that was really yummy. It was kind of funny getting a tray from them with all different kinds of drinks on it. Most things are tasting WAY too sweet to me - Crystal Light gave me dry heaves (which also seriously hurt).

I was sent home with my On-Q pump still in and given instructions on taking it out. It is empty now and I will remove it today. My cat seems to think I came home with my own personal kitty toy attached to me.

Yesterday in the afternoon my vision turned extremely blurry and I could not figure out why. My blood sugars are normal (not diabetic) and nothing I had taken has that side effect. I am thinking now it was plain old fashioned fatigue. I seem to fall asleep at the drop of a hat since surery and sleep hard until pain wakes me up, usually after about 2 hours. I was talking in my sleep a lot at the hospital and even drunk called my mother and left her a weird mesage that had nothing to do with anything. Poor Mom! lol!

Anyway,that's all in a nutshell I guess. Not having fun, but hopeful it will get a little better every day.

Anyway, I guess that is all I have

We have stairs in our home and I have gone up and down a few times. I think I am going to do that less often today. I suspect it plays into how much pain I am having.

I had my surgery early Friday and came home yesterday afternoon. I am sipping like crazy and get a gurgly tight feeling after each swallow. I think all I got in yesterday was 6 oz. Today I am going to try some yogurt and ice pops.

Not too much pain gas, just where the large incision is with my drain. I will have that until Wed when Isee my doc.

Congrats on your revision. I know it is so hard at first. It keeps getting better every single day. Take your time recovering. I did too much too soon and became exhausted. You are going to love the changes the sleeve brings!

Congrats on being sleeved!! It does get better every day, and it's great you got a good report from the dr about not a lot of scarring and damage! Lol @ drunk dialing your mom, that's funny. Welcome to Sleeveland!

:cheer2:

I am 3 wks postop with my new sleeve. Doing swell, but my thing is trying to find foods I can chew on. I am on pureed foods, but have mostly gone back to liquids. Very little pain. My challenge is the exercise--we are in 110 degree heat in Phoenix. :( So far 23 pounds are gone, but I wanna be under 200 when I go see the dr on Thurs. Will see how it goes. :P:rolleyes:

My dr said the same about my revision. No scarring, or any strange things from the RNY, just the need for revision that took him 6 hrs in surgery on May 31st. They had to cath my bladder for awhile, but once that was taken out, I was able to walk without my pole and use a walker up and down the halls at the hospital. I stayed 2 nights and 3 days in the hospital. It is always great to be home from the hospital! :rolleyes: