Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Click Protein Powder

Since I hear lots of raving about Click Protein Powder I decided to order some from Amazon.

I am sadly not in love with it. I think I ordered Espresso Mocha and vanilla Latte, and they both are dissapointing. I have made them into Protein shakes using plain milk, plain Water and I've also tried almond milk. They are passable, just not wow. And I am also not happy with carb count or caffeine content. (That is strictly my fault, as I didn't research them very much!) I've been drinking Decaf coffee and gave up plain (unsweet tea) due to caffeine content, so why the heck did I order Protein powder with caffeine. Ugh.

I tried mixing some in my Fage yogurt and it was just awful. I choked it down because I didn't want to waste my precious yogurt.

Other than making a shake, does anyone have any ideas? I'm going to check out Eggface for some recipe ideas. If you love Click, please share with me what you do with it. Thanks!

I wasn't thrilled either. The cannister (espresso flavor) has been sitting in the cupboard since about week 3. I thought I might try making some Protein ice cream when it gets hotter here.

I like it but its too sweet and has too much caffeine. I can only take it at half dose (and one scoop only has 7-8 grams of protein) in the morning.

Thank goodness you said something!! I was looking at these today and considered ordering them but saw the high carb and low Protein so I didn't. Thanks for sharing that they're awful!!

I just make my own coffee flavored Protein drinks using some instant coffee powder...works pretty well.

That's a good idea! I have some instant coffee powder that isn't bad and I imagine I can mix it up with some Protein and make a mocha drink that might be nice.

I haven't tried CLICK but I know that Shelly at Eggface uses it in many of her recipes.

I found a treasure at Price Chopper. It is "TopCare" whey Protein. I like the vanilla because I can do a lot with it. I have added: vanilla and one equal, any flavor xtract one one equal, instant coffee and one equal, SF chocolate Syrup and one equal, vanilla and cinnamon and one equal, or one banana, some vanilla and one equal. I even added rootbeer xtract, a dab of vanilla, and one equal and had a rootbeer float. It is reasonably priced ( less than $10./lb.), has 110cal, 4 carbs, 3 sugar, and 20g protein.

I have a soy allergy and can handle the wee bit that is in this product--wayyyy at the end of ingredients.

"Try it. You may just like it!!!"

Valentina

Ok so to answer your Question about CLICK! I make it palatable by doctoring it up, I always use milk in my Protein drinks. Then I add some flavor, caramel latte anyone, throw some SF caramel ice cream topping in there. Or maybe a half a banana. Hey how about some Peanut Butter. If you have any of the Torani SF syrups you can make any flavor 'coffee' you want. You can make the Click hot by using warm milk or warm Water, notice I said WARM, not hot! OH and I also increase the protein of the drink I am making by doing 1 scoop CLICK and 1 scoop of another protein powder. I still need my morning fix, I usually have it in the form of hot tea, but sometimes if I am not eating good I have a shake!