Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Moving to Thick Liquids on Tuesday...Ideas appreciated!

Hi All!

I will be 2 weeks out on Tuesday and will start my thick liquid diet. I'd love to have some suggestions on high Protein, low carb thick liquids. Any ideas???

Thanks!

Barb

Hi,

I was sleeved 4/25/11 and will be starting my 4th week post op on Tuesday. In my 3rd week, I had mashed potatoes, pureed butter Beans, grits. Alot of carbs but it was all I could think of. I was tired of the liquids. Also, I just purchased the Protein power/UNJURY, flavor chocolate Splendor and it tastes marvelous. You should try it. I drink mine with Lactaid--100% fat free milk

If you have a bullet blender, you can actually puree a lot more protiens to where there are no chunks! Im on full/thick liquid stage too, and besides Soups (those nice creamy bisque ones) I have had eggs, and chicken/ tuna/shrimp/crab salads. I blend these up with soy milk...come out nice and creamy. I have spent the last 10 yrs on a lower carb diet, and all of these "carb laden" liquid foods are wreaking havoc on my blood sugar levels. I had to change it up after 4 days.......grab a bullet, or borrow one from a friend!

You can order pro pudding by body tech . it's 25 grams of Protein. I ordered mine from Amazon.com

it's delicious!

I bought an assortments of Soups from the grocery and blended them before eating (I have a VitaMix) to give me some variety. It made it a lot easier to stay on the food plan because I could have bean soups that tasted a lot better than the shakes did! I also like the Unjury products and the Atkins Dk chocolate Royale shakes. Good luck!

I have a GE single serve blender that is great for blending up stuff to the consistency of a thin or thicker density. I also like the Atkins Adv Protein Shakes in vanilla and Mocha latte. I got this little blender for Christmas and its very similar to the bullet but under $20 at Walmart. It's finally being put to use and I just love it!

:)

I will be starting my thick liquid mushy foods on Tuesday as well. I had my surgery 5/17/11. I have a bullet to soften things in. Some of the things my surgeon recommended are:

cottage cheese

ricotta cheese

canned meats

scrambled eggs

egg salad

tuna salad with light mayo only

chicken salad with light mayo only

fat free refried Beans

I am finding as I read the forum that each surgeon is so different on their post op diet. I've been on a liquid diet for almost 2 weeks now, and I feel like I am starving. Did any of you feel this way?

I was on liquids for 2 weeks too! I was so over it and ready for somthing else. I was tired of the sweet stuff as well.

I was advanced to pureed food last Monday. The first thing I tried was chicken salad in my magic bullet! It was not as eventful as I suspected. It felt so stuck and I was so disapointed! I then tried refried Beans with cheese. Those got stuck as well! People told me I was still too swollen and to try the ricotta cheese bake from egg face. That worked well and I ate that for 4 days for all meals!! I ate cottage cheese and some Protein drinks.

Today, I tried Beans again and that worked. So, my swelling must be going down! I also pureed some chicken noodle Soup. That was o.k.

I was so happy about being in this stage and have felt so defeated! I hope it gets better!

I hope it works well for you!

Kelly :)

I will be starting my thick liquid mushy foods on Tuesday as well. I had my surgery 5/17/11. I have a bullet to soften things in. Some of the things my surgeon recommended are:

cottage cheese

ricotta cheese

canned meats

scrambled eggs

egg salad

tuna salad with light mayo only

chicken salad with light mayo only

fat free refried beans

I am finding as I read the forum that each surgeon is so different on their post op diet. I've been on a liquid diet for almost 2 weeks now, and I feel like I am starving. Did any of you feel this way?

We are all so funny! I am disappointed because I CAN eat mushies with no problem! I want to have very good restriction and I worry that I do not. I am extremely happy that I am not hungry! I just hope Dr. Spaw gave me a teeny tiny tummy! lol

I was on liquids for 2 weeks too! I was so over it and ready for somthing else. I was tired of the sweet stuff as well.

I was advanced to pureed food last Monday. The first thing I tried was chicken salad in my magic bullet! It was not as eventful as I suspected. It felt so stuck and I was so disapointed! I then tried refried Beans with cheese. Those got stuck as well! People told me I was still too swollen and to try the ricotta cheese bake from egg face. That worked well and I ate that for 4 days for all meals!! I ate cottage cheese and some Protein drinks.

Today, I tried Beans again and that worked. So, my swelling must be going down! I also pureed some chicken noodle Soup. That was o.k.

I was so happy about being in this stage and have felt so defeated! I hope it gets better!

I hope it works well for you!

Kelly :)