Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie to Verticle Sleeve

Hello,

I recently had the verticle sleeve done last Thursday with Dr. Cirangle. he also found a hernia I didnt know I had. My stomach was in my chest cavity - he corrected this and I'm very grateful it was found. But this has made my recovery a bit more complicated. I am extremly emotional. I am at home crying all the time. I have been doing better with Protein and fluids but it's very difficult. I still had a cup of regular coffee this morning as it makes me feel calmer, believe it or not.

I am reaching out to you because I have not shared this surgery with my family. Only one sibling and a friend who have been very supportive. I'm hoping to find comfort, advice and support through this forum. So happy I came across it.

I am a female, 5'4 - 176lbs and although i know i will eventually love my new figure, i am very sad and dont see the light at the end of the tunnel yet.

thanks for listening.

T

The first few weeks are the most draining emotionally and physically. It does just take some time for our bodies to recover. Take care of yourself, keep sipping and resting.

T~ I used this site for all my support the first few weeks. I have a supportive family but I found that the people hear were easier to talk to because there was someone who felt everything I felt. I had a bit of an emotional recovery~no complications just emotional and moody. I knew it was the hormones being released from my body burning the stored fat. I had one (OK three) days when I told my husband that he forced me to have the surgery (SO NOT TRUE). I pouted and felt like my life would...well...suck and that with out food I would never have a good time again. I am now almost 5 months out and while I honestly find times it is inconvenient to eat different foods then my family I am not missing anything. I have way more fun now because I am not thinking about my big body fitting into little spaces or hiding behind my kids in pictures. Come here and post all of your thoughts and concerns and let us all help you through the rough time and then rejoice with you when you make it to the good times! And trust me they aren't far away!

Blessings~

Annette

My father was very weepy after his heart surgery and the doctor indicated it was a very normal post surgical response. It will pass. And you know where we are if you need to get it out. Hugs!

Thank you all for replying. I really appreciate it and because of you, I'm excited to log on and share my experience, as well as try to help others. How fortunate I am.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I have the surgery on the 16th. I also have anxiety, so I think my emotions will be out of control afterwards. I'm hoping to be strong enough to share my experience and get the support I need through this site.

Thanks to the members of the site for the wonderful advise and encouragement.

Laney,

Surgery affects us all differently. Hang in there, it will get better. I had such a complication free post op course. Hope you will also. The aches and pains from the procedure and the gas they use to inflate your abdomen will soon be gone, and you will feel SO much better. Concentrate on the end result, when you are at your goal! God Bless, I'm praying for you!

Kathy D (alias Helen the Cat)