Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok people!!

I went 2 the mall the other day and I tried on this jacket very cute I must say it was on clearance and I wanted really bad then I thought wait if u can fit this now then this buy might not b a wise choice considering the fact I'm getting sleeved in less than a week! So I went for the smaller size!! Now I'm giving my self a mini goal of being able 2 get in the jacket before u even had the sx!!! I'm I over doing it???

I bought a jacket in a really small size because it was a goal to reach. It was something that I was obsessing over for a year and finally it went down in price. I want to wear it when I will be at my slower weight loss. To me you are not over doing it. Good to have visual goals!

Ok people!!

I went 2 the mall the other day and I tried on this jacket very cute I must say it was on clearance and I wanted really bad then I thought wait if u can fit this now then this buy might not b a wise choice considering the fact I'm getting sleeved in less than a week! So I went for the smaller size!! Now I'm giving my self a mini goal of being able 2 get in the jacket before u even had the sx!!! I'm I over doing it???

I don't think so. I do the same thing. I'm a 16/18 now and have clothes in my closet down to 12. In the end I would love to be an 8/10 so for my birthday a couple weeks ago I bought myself two really cute dresses in my goal size and have them hanging in the front of my closet for motivation.

(or are you saying u want to lose enough weight before surgery to fit in the jacket?)

Ok people!!

I did the exact same thing! I went to H&M a few days ago and they had this amazing sailor jacket. While the store usually has a separate section for plus size clothes, where I usually purchase my stuff (I'm EU size 48, UK size 20 and US size 16 - you only learn that when you're overweight and forced to order clothes online from abroad like I usually do). This jacket's highest size was 44 (UK size 16, US size 12). The sleeves were way too tight to wear, but I figured that after the operation it'll be usable.

I don't even have a date for the operation yet, but it gives me hope somehow.

I think it's a great idea -- I wish I had done anything like that!! I'm already post-op and mostly staying at home still, aside from walks, so I've been in trackies and PJs for the most part. But I'm a little freaked out by the fact that I have a huge wardrobe full of clothes in all one size (I've been the same exact weight for like 12 years <_< ) and I have no idea what I will wear. I guess desperation will force me to the shops one of these days, but I don't have any plan in place and no smaller clothes tucked away to try and fit into. If you're over-preparing, I'm definitely under-prepared! :D

I bought a pair of Levi's as "goal pants" and was looking forward to wearing them. . . Sadly, I happen to skip that size and dropped right down to the next size. This happened a couple of times especially once I got out of the plus size clothing. I would skip a size completely, or only stay in a size for a couple of weeks. Luckily, I had bought them at a consignment shop so I didn't pay much for those jeans.

I think it's fabulous to have "goal size" clothing, but don't over-shop because you might not ever get the chance to wear them. It's a great thing, but huge waste of money if you skip sizes and tailoring isn't cheap.

@tiffykins wow that is great!! I would love 2 drop smaller than the jacket I purchased!!! And I would just give it away!! And yes I'm am just limiting myself 2 that jacket because I could see myself buying clothes just see when I can fit in them and that would cost me alot!!! So I look at it like this when I do lose the weight there will b alot of clothes for me 2 buy!!!@Estella I love H&M as well!! My sx day is fast approaching and I cannot wait!

I wouldn't spend a lot of $ on clothes immediately post-op, unless they are very easily tailored (e.g. a simple A-line skirt). Like Tiffykins said, you are only gonna stay in a size for 2-3 weeks. My size 8 slacks hung in the closet for 2 months until I got to size 8, and then within 2 weeks, they were sagging on me. Thank god for Ebay - both in terms of selling stuff I don't need and buying stuff for less!

This is a great idea! I went to Disney World in January and since I had already decided on WLS I found myself looking at the shirts and thinking, "Soon I'll be able to fit into that". I'm heading back to Disney World next weekend and I'm going to buy a "goal" shirt. I currently buy XXL in t-shirts...I'm going to buy myself a Medium!! Yay! I don't even have a surgery date yet, not done with my 6 month supervised diet but I'm so excited, thanks to threads like these!!!!

Thanks got2lovesisney!!!

I just thought I would put that out there sometimes we feel like we are alone on some of the things we do bur hwy o guess some of us do think alike !

I'm buying mostly sundresses in a medium/large right now. They are too small, but I figure that once I get into them comfortably within the next 15 lbs or so, they will last me a while.

I actually have a trip to Las Vegas planned 6 weeks post op. So I bought a pair of jean capris and a cute summer top with hopes to be able to wear them on the trip.

I think that if it is something that will help you with your goal then why not :) I have some clothes that was given to me I hope I can squeeze into at some point!