Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plication tomorrow! Any last minute words of wisdom?

So....my surgery got bumped up to tomorrow and I am excited and nervous all at the same time. Any last words of wisdom before I head out tomorrow?

I am so jelous of both of you! I Wish I was having it done so soon! Best of luck to both of you. Please KUP on your experiences.

Woohoo! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow Olivia! Hopefully I'll be able to meet you :) We are coming in on Thursday morning.

Wow congrats!!

You guys will all be there around the same time. That's great!

I was only in the hospital for 1 night and was able to come home the next day so I wouldn't have seen many people. But I think Dr. Ortiz has you stay quite a bit longer, right??

Bring:

Chapstick

Slippers

Robe (if u want)

Laptop

Magazines/Books (I didn't read 1 single word!)

Special pillow

Gas-X strips

Glasses if you wear them

Super comfy, loose elastic waist pants

I also brought a loose sports bra that you can get at Walmart

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fruit-of-the-Loom-Womens-3-Pk-Tank-Style-Sport-Bra/13997009

I was super bloated from all the I.V. fluids so even my back felt puffy when I put on my bra so I was happy I had the other kind.

Good luck and keep us updated!!

You'll be fine!

genepha

Genepha thank you so much for the tips! I will definitely pack all those things. I'm getting so excited!

I'm having surgery Thursday too! Nervous? You bet!

Good luck! I'm having surgery on Thursday and I'm starting to get really nervous!

Hi, I just now saw this, so I missed sending you good wishes yesterday. I hope everything went well for you today. Can't wait to hear from you from "the other side." I had my intake today: pschological evaluation, nutrititionist consult, meeting with insurance coordinator, and history and physical with nurse practitioner. I'm excited for the next step, but not really looking foward to the upper GI, consciously sedated or not. But I suppose it will all be worth it in the end.

Amy

Olivia I hope things went well today! I've been thinking about you today and hope you're doing well. I'm freaking miserable today!! This all liquid diet is killing me. I've been doing the two protien drinks and a healthy choice steamer for the pasts 10 or so days prior to today. Thank goodness I just have a few more days.

Hi, I just now saw this, so I missed sending you good wishes yesterday. I hope everything went well for you today. Can't wait to hear from you from "the other side." I had my intake today: pschological evaluation, nutrititionist consult, meeting with insurance coordinator, and history and physical with nurse practitioner. I'm excited for the next step, but not really looking foward to the upper GI, consciously sedated or not. But I suppose it will all be worth it in the end.

Amy

Hey Amy! Hows the process coming along for you? Do you have a surgery date set?

Olivia I hope things went well today! I've been thinking about you today and hope you're doing well. I'm freaking miserable today!! This all liquid diet is killing me. I've been doing the two protien drinks and a healthy choice steamer for the pasts 10 or so days prior to today. Thank goodness I just have a few more days.

Wasn't that awful!? I didn't get to do any of the meals for me pre op. How ya doing now??? Home yet? You must keep in touch!

I'm doing so much better! We got home yesterday. My dad had zero problems, but my mom and I had quite a bit of puking. My mom was still pretty sick today, but finally stopped puking this afternoon. I'm so glad it's over!

How has your post op diet been going? I tried the Protein Water but it feels like it gets stuck half way down. So far it's been mainly Water and Vitamin water zero. I've tried chicken and beef broth but I'm just not a fan. How many more days until you're on full liquids?