Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stall...for how long?

I am 3.5 weeks out... The first 2 weeks and 2 days I lost 20 pounds. and now...NOTHING. It will go up 1 down 1, up half, down half... I still am at or under 300 calories a day. I just don't get it. I may have posted about this a few days ago..and I even called my nut and she said that a stall is normal.. But seriously? for a week and half already? Why....

Don't fret. I had the exact same thing happen to me. I was sleeved on 12/14/10 and right around the first of the year I hit my stall. 10 days with nothing and I was freaking out. But the scale finally started to move and I have been steadily moving since then. DO NOT WORRY. It will start up again. Everyone on here said there is a dreaded 3 week stall. Just keep doing what you are supposed to do and it will start up again. I'm down 44 pounds since pre surgery diet on Dec 1.

Lisa

I was sleeved on 11/9 and I just broke my 19 day stall. I was getting highly upset but from what I'm hearing its your body catching up to the weight loss that just occured. Don't worry it will break soon, trust in ur sleeve

I am 3.5 weeks out... The first 2 weeks and 2 days I lost 20 pounds. and now...NOTHING. It will go up 1 down 1, up half, down half... I still am at or under 300 calories a day. I just don't get it. I may have posted about this a few days ago..and I even called my nut and she said that a stall is normal.. But seriously? for a week and half already? Why....

HONEY I HAD A STALL LAST 3 1/2 MONTHS!!!!!!! So don't worry, it's a normal thing just hang in there your body needs to get used to this drastic thing that has happened to it! Good luck and just keep doing what your doing. . .. only 1 thing, don't weigh yourself so often! you'll stay more sane! good luck

HONEY I HAD A STALL LAST 3 1/2 MONTHS!!!!!!! So don't worry, it's a normal thing just hang in there your body needs to get used to this drastic thing that has happened to it! Good luck and just keep doing what your doing. . .. only 1 thing, don't weigh yourself so often! you'll stay more sane! good luck

Hey Thin,

been meaning to ask you about your incredible stall... can you remember when it happened... how much have you lost since?

I am losing about a pound every other week at 6+mth out and am wondering if it is a similar situation to yours and I have my fingers crossed that things will speed up soon... any advice? =]

I have been stalled as well, week number six. Almost six months out. Seriously discouraging!!! Thin, when was your stall and what did you do, if anything, to break it??

I stalled at two weeks out and am still stuck going on week six. I'm beginning to wonder if I should have had the RNY instead.

I really do know I made the right decision but this can get you a little down.

I know I won't be the only failure but I have always been a late bloomer.

i know there is controversy about this, but under 300 calories???? That seems extremely low. What does your doc/nut recommend for calorie intake?

look up weight loss stall or plateu in VLCD vey low calorie diets.

I have been stalled for the last week myself. Have you done your measurements. I stalled around 3 weeks but when I checked my measurements-I had lost another 7 inches. Sunday is my day to measure again but I have noticed wierd indentations in my stomach where the fat has melted away. Why can't Mother Nature make it go away all nice and neat instead some here and some there. Hang in there it is frustrating but we are not gaining. I weigh now the same I did 23 years ago. For me that is a great accomplishment in the short time I have been sleeved.

I had my first stall at three weeks and was quite discouraged. However, I could tell that my body was changing, so we took some measurments. I'd lost a total of 12 inches from my waist, hips, chest and arms. I highly recommend taking your measurements and tracking them along with your weight loss. It was a huge motivation for me to see that even though the scale was not moving as quickly as I wanted I was still losing.

I still have periodic stalls, but if I up my Protein and Water, I start to lose again.

Wanted to offer some encouragement. After six weeks, the scale finally MOVED!!! Down three pounds since Sunday. Hang in there everyone, it is true, stalls will be broken:)