Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attn: Motorcycle chicks!

Okay girls...my sister and I are taking the class to get our endorsements this fall and will be receiving some money that we intend on buying motorcycles. Would like to hear your opinions on what you like/dislike about particular bikes.

I have short legs so I've been looking at the more retro low-slung bikes like Honda Shadow, Harley Heritage Softail, Kawasaki Vulcun...those types.

We used to ride dirt bikes as kids and dad always had street bikes plus my brother-in-law is into bikes so we do have some background knowledge and help. Just want to know what you have experienced and enjoyed.

Thanks!

I'm so glad to hear that your are taking the class. It really teaches you how to react to the people out on the road. Most of the time they don't see you. Ok. I am 5'1" and had a HD Sportster and rode for 6 years. I finally came to the conclusion that I really needed a bigger stronger bike. Semi's going by you really cause wind flow. I sold my bike and am now certain I will get a Heritage Softail. I rode one and my feet could touch the ground (with boots on). The only problem I had was I would need to get a kickstand extender because my legs are too short to put it up. I chose the Harley because that is what I was raised with. Grandparents, father, uncles etc... It's truely a wonderful feeling to go down the road. Here's a riding tip. Buy a pare of handwashing gloves (like playtex). If it's raining you can slip them on over your regular gloves and your hands stay dry. Good luck with your class.

Sharon

I to have been rideing from the age of 15 and wil be 50 in a few weeks. I have and love my honda shadow 750. I am 5 3 and do not have a hard time touching the ground. It sits real low to the groung. My husband has a gold wing.We are members of gwrra. I is a good ideal to take the rideing courses. It will teach you things you didn`t know you didn`t know. Good luck on you chose.

Live to ride, and ride to live.

I have the Harley Heritage Softail Classic, and I love it. I even had it lowered and that made a big difference, and being lowered I didn't have to have the extended kickstand because they change the kickstand when they lower the bike.

Congrats to you! I took the class, and had an accident with another girl. (She ended up hitting me and breaking my leg.) I hope to take it this summer! Good luck to you! Stick with a harley too...lol...nothing is cooler than a chic on a bad bike like a harley!

I think the most important thing is to make sure you get a bike you can physically handle. You will have to be able to pick it up off the ground at some point or another.

Since you are getting a starter bike, I wouldn't get something really big to start out with.

Have fun!

Oh! and ALWAYS WEAR YOUR PROTECTIVE GEAR!