Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many surgery scars do you have?

15 here!!! 5 from lap band, 5 from gall bladder and 5 from VSG! I am NOT a candidate for a bikini commercial as my husband says!! Now stretchmarks....that's a whole other number!!!! lol!!!

I have 5 -- 4 of them are like directions on a map, each pointing a different way and the one where he took out my stomach is an X (buried treasure??) -- but I'm not concerned either -- I have silver stretch marks, one long horizontal scar from an ectopic pregnancy . . . I figured that if I ever get a Tummy Tuck, maybe some of my "roadmap" as Tiff called it will disappear with it. :lol:

Six - five from surgery itself, and one from the drain. Between those and my (now faded) stretch marks, I'm quite ok with (and even proud of) my "battle scars."

I have 5. Its been almost 5 weeks and they already look like they are fading. I didn't have a drain, so none from that. They kinda go in a circle shape all around my belly.

I have two, he was suposed to do single insion but my liver was to big so I have a 2 1/2 - 3 in one inside my belly button and one 1/4 in one at the bottom of my rib cage. But honistly on the smaller one the bandaud iritation loos worse then the cut in like a month you wont even be abel to see it. Now the streach marks are a totaly different story!!! but I have no plans on sporting a bikini anyway but I think it made recovery easier to only have the one real insion

I have 5 from the lapband surgery and now 5 more from the sleeve. He put the new ones pretty close to the lapband ones. Weird! I have a scar where my drain was, but it doesn't seem too bad.

I also have a huge long scar on my lower right stomach from an open appendectomy about 7 years ago. UGH!

They seem to all be healing fine and starting to fade. I don't see myself as a bikini girl either, so I'm not worried!

I have 5 from the lapband surgery and now 5 more from the sleeve. He put the new ones pretty close to the lapband ones. Weird! I have a scar where my drain was, but it doesn't seem too bad.

I also have a huge long scar on my lower right stomach from an open appendectomy about 7 years ago. UGH!

They seem to all be healing fine and starting to fade. I don't see myself as a bikini girl either, so I'm not worried!

My surgery is Nov. 15th, so no scars here yet...! But I will only have 1 cresent shaped scar above my bellybutton (hopefully), unless my surgeon has to convert from Lap. to Open. <_<

I had 2- 1 in bellybutton and one small on left rib plus 1 small for drain.

I have 5. One is inside the belly button and you can't really see it, the other four are scattered across my abdomen. Two of them you already can barely see anymore and the others are fading. There is one that is more prominent than the rest because when it was healing, I accidentally pulled my shorts over it and the scab ripped off. Instead of letting it go, I kind of freaked out and put it back on my skin and wore a band-aid over it for a while. I guess it kind of reattached itself to my belly, and then a few weeks later, it got ripped off by pants again.

I'm thinking all of my will fade to nothing eventually. I have scars from my hip surgerys that were roughly the same size as my VSG scars and they are next to invisible.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches