Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mean as a snake...I'm p.o.'d

Hi everyone,

Today was my first day back at work after my sleeve on 10/1. I was losing at first. Like 2 or 3 pounds a day, then on Saturday it stopped. Dead. Now I'm up one pound from Saturday. I'm feeling discouraged, to say the least. Like...why did I do something this drastic and pay all this money and starve myself for 3 weeks just to lost 12 pounds. I'm not very happy and I feel like I did before I did this. Like nothing's ever going to work and I'm doomed to be hungry forever. I made dinner for my family and started crying because I know I can't have any. The sacrifice would be okay if I were losing BUT I'M NOT!!!!! What the hell??? Did this happen to anyone else so dang quickly? I'm only 10 days post op. I'm following the post op liquids religiously. I'm healing up nicely I just hate that I'm not seeing any results. Sorry if this offends people, but this really sucks. Please tell me what happens now. Thank you. Signed...the whiner.

First off, try to breathe because the scale will move. Second, when have you ever lost 12lbs in 3 weeks before?

If you fill your mind with negative thoughts, the positives seem really sparse, right? But, your body is still healing, it's in shock from all the drastic changes you're putting it through, and yes, people experience stalls and some see a little gain the first couple of weeks post-op.

We didn't get fat overnight, we're not going to get skinny overnight. Give your body and mind a break.

What happens now is that stick to the program, stop stressing over not losing anything for a couple of days, and focus on getting in your Protein and fluids. Increase your exercise per your program, and stay the course. You're not seeing any results TODAY, but you might tomorrow, or by the weekend. Don't let the scale rule your life, or ruin your day.

During this entire journey, you're going to face different challenges, have little speed bumps along the way, but those sacrifices, I can assure are all worth the end result if you really look at all this stuff as a means to an end. Right now, your hormones are going crazy, you can't eat, you're probably tired, and stressed, so your body is a little overwhelmed. Hang in there, and realize that this is an entire lifetime commitment and change, you will lose weight.

Hi everyone,

Today was my first day back at work after my sleeve on 10/1. I was losing at first. Like 2 or 3 pounds a day, then on Saturday it stopped. Dead. Now I'm up one pound from Saturday. I'm feeling discouraged, to say the least. Like...why did I do something this drastic and pay all this money and starve myself for 3 weeks just to lost 12 pounds. I'm not very happy and I feel like I did before I did this. Like nothing's ever going to work and I'm doomed to be hungry forever. I made dinner for my family and started crying because I know I can't have any. The sacrifice would be okay if I were losing BUT I'M NOT!!!!! What the hell??? Did this happen to anyone else so dang quickly? I'm only 10 days post op. I'm following the post op liquids religiously. I'm healing up nicely I just hate that I'm not seeing any results. Sorry if this offends people, but this really sucks. Please tell me what happens now. Thank you. Signed...the whiner.

Relax, its normal, your doing very well. The hard part is done and it gets better every day from here. When your a few months out you will eat heaps of yummy food until then take it easy. Stall will come and stalls will go, my advice would be to put the scales away as its not I particularly good way of judging your progress. Good luck

Stay off the scale! That is my advice. I'm 3 weeks out.. lost a huge amount the first 2 weeks, then kinda stayed the same for the 3rd week. It was frustrating, yes. But now.. I'm just focusing on tracking what I'm eating, counting my calories and Protein, making sure I get enough of everything I need IN... and I'll get on the scale in a few days, or maybe next week. Whatever! This is big for me too. I would usually get on the scale every day, morning and night, before shower and after a shower, etc...

Good luck! Chin up! Stay positive!

What you're experiencing is normal. Hormones too! Be patient, let your body heal. I felt exactly the same way you feel, in the beginning. Then, as I learned how to use the tool I got, things got easier. Don't stress, and you know what, it's okay to feel sad....but then snap out of it, and lift up your chin, and get back to the job, of learning the how, when, why and what of the sleeve. You'll be fine, trust me!

The dreaded stall! Darn you stall! I didn't lose much during wks 3 and 4... I'd lose a lb, go back up one, down one, up two, down two, and just stuck in the same old spot. It's your body's way of getting a handle on what's going on. Give it a week or two (usually) and you'll start losing weight again. Stick to your diet and nutritional guidelines from your doc. It'll come off.