Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-operative pain - is this normal?

Where do you get a stomach binder. I was sleeved last Friday and this pain is right under my right brest. It gets worse and better but it really seems to hurt when I eat.

I had surgery on the same day as you, so we are at 3 weeks. I think that must be what I've feeling. It just started about 1 1/2 weeks ago with me and it feels almost like my skin is burned. It hurts when I ride on bumpy roads in my car and just basically feels like a really bad sunburn. I posted a similar question tonight and have had no response so I'm glad you posted the question. I haven't had pain meds since the day I left the hospital but I tend to have a high tolerance to pain. It's not so bad that I'm taking anything but it's very annoying. I'm also glad to see your weightloss. I've lost 25 lbs including the 17 preop but haven't lost anything in the last week so was starting to think that this wasn't going to work for me. I am already eating pretty much anything I want minus red meat. I"m scared to try that yet. I did the liquids the weeks of surgery until 7 days then did the pureed foods for the 2nd week. for the 3rd week when starting the soft foods I pretty much started eating anything because I was hungry and wanting food. Again thanks for the post because I was getting worried and thinking I should call the doctor but sounds like it's common. I was wondering if it was the nerves growing back so sounds like that may be what it is. I'm ready for it to be done though, it's very irritating.

Doug2090, you can get a stomach, or to be more technically accurate: abdominal binder at some well equipped drug stores or you may have to go to a medical supply shop. Your doctor's office should be able to tell you where to go in your area.

Trouble, you're a brave soul. I'm still doing pureed food only; not because it hurts when I eat like Doug2090 but, because I am taking each stage in two week intervals. Next week is when I'll try soft food. And, the weight loss comes in spurts for me as well. When I went to the doctor's office after one week to have the drainage tube removed, I had lost nothing! I later figured out the the liquid pain medicine must have a lot of calories in it. LOL

Maybe you could benefit from an abdominal binder as well. It sure helped me.

I'm going through the same thing... went back to work today and sat at my desk way too long... probably will stay home tomorrow. Hurts to walk or do much of anything... not to mention the thought of getting into my car. I feel like I've got a torn muscle in my lower abdomen. This too shall pass with time. Need more Hydrocodone... Tylenol won't cut the pain.

I'm starting to have some incisional pain tonight. I bought some liquid Tylenol because the Hydrocodone was kicking my ASS (giving me a headache, making me feel loopy- NOT in a good way). I took a long walk today and think it might have been a little much. I was falling asleep on my husband's arm toward the end of the walk. I feel better after a shower. I think I just need a good night's sleep.< /p>

I am right there where you guys were... on my 3rd bottle of Lortab... will they refill more? Tylenol just doesn't cut it... Are you all beginning to see some improvement? Tomorrow is 2 weeks for me...

i just read all your posts im exactly 1 month today from my sleeve surgery!! i hope im one of them that escapes without that much pain cuz i dont like pain at all, any ladies out there thing its worse then childbirth or is it less?

I'm a week and a half out and only having minimal pains when my belly hangs or pulls to the side when initially standing up or laying down. I've got 1 belly button (main)incision and a small left sided one where a Q-ball (not sure of spelling) was installed to put prescise pain meds near my stomach. I had to wait until mid afternoon for my surgery due to an emergency case and the doc came in and said he was going to make mine not-so-tight as usual cause i was a big guy. well i'll find out in the future if this is good or not, but for the first few days after surgery they had to keep pumping me with IV fluids cause i couldn't get down more than a few tiny sips per hour or so due to the swelling. I'm slowly trying to figure out the Protein and calories (enough to do a lot during the day) and fluids are going down alot easier. I quit the lortab and doing tylenol liquid when necessary for general aches and pains. Check with your surgeon for pain lasting as long as you mentioned, shouldn't be like that.