Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 days post op and my protien drinks are terrible!

I made the mistake of buying 4 large containers of vanilla powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury protien from my doctors office. I should have bought some smaller sample packs of other flavors. The vanilla is absolutely terrible.

I went to a GNC store the other day to see if they have some smaller sample packs of any Protein. The smallest they have is a humongous container for $39.95

What are you blending it with? I used Low-Fat Soy Milk and my shake was DELICIOUS!

Try that, because if you're blending it with Water it is gross!

Good luck!

lovingly,

monica:001_tongue:

I made the mistake of buying 4 large containers of vanilla unjury protien from my doctors office. I should have bought some smaller sample packs of other flavors. The Vanilla is absolutely terrible.

I went to a GNC store the other day to see if they have some smaller sample packs of any Protein. The smallest they have is a humongous container for $39.95

I feel your pain! I bought 10 sample packs of the Unjury unflavored and have 7 or 8 left that will never see the light of day. I tried mixing small amounts in yogurt and various other foods and each time I tried the smell and taste became more intolerable. I even tried pinching my nose first so the smell wouldn't get to me, but once the taste hit my mouth that was it! Total FAIL! I almost puked the last time I tried to use it and that was enough for me.

Can you trade the ones you didn't open for something else?

Go to the food section of this board and look for a thread I started called places to order samples. You're best off to order some different samples rather than buy a big tub of anything.

My favorite is one called "whey to go" chocolate flavor. I mix it with the light chocolate silk milk. I am pretty picky myself and it is delicious. My friend uses "whey delicious" chocolate flavor and I have tried hers and love it.

I'm 'feeling' for you. My first few weeks were awful. I couldn't stand the taste of the bottled Water that I had been drinking for years...couldn't find any Protein powder that tasted like anything descent...and all that and knowing that I had to down 70 grams minimum of Protein a day sent me into "what in the world have I gotten myself into".

I'm 3 1/2 months out now, and am beginning to be able to get SOME foods down, and my taste buds have returned to enjoying my usual bottled Water again. But the protein, I still have problems with. The only one that I personnaly can deal with is Premier Premade Protein shakes sold at costco. They also sell it in powder form, but I have to put it in vanilla soy milk cause making it with water is again....gross to me. BUT, that takes the calorie count up to 250. When all I'm allowed is a maximum of 600, that takes up too much for one meal.

I'm looking forward to the day when I will be able to get my protein strictly from food, and not shakes.< /p>

But, I DO 'FEEL' your dilemna. I too bought tubs before my surgery, as well as Isopure, that just sit on the shelves now. Take a peek at that web site where you can get samples. And best of luck to you. You DID make the right decision with this surgery.....it just takes us time to find a 'new normal' as to what we can eat and enjoy.

Premeire from costco is very popular. Most people really like it. I like the convenience of it, but I love BSN Lean Dessert Fudge pudding. I also love PVL Gourmet Peanut Butter and chocolate that you get from Netrition.com. but it's a little more expensive. Netrition is a great site because the shipping is 4.99 no matter how much stuff you order.

So is vitacost.com That's where I get my BSN. BSN comes in tons of flavors and vitacost charges 4.99 shipping no matter how much you order. I like to mix the banana pudding and the chocolate together. The Oh Yeah, Peanut Butter choc. Protein bars are really good. They are like a kit kat bar in consistency. There hasn't been anyone that I've recommended the Oh Yea bars that hasn't loved them.I get those from vitacost and I get my chewable Calcium citrate there too.

Check nectar by Syntrax. I really like those. If you go to their web site you can order the sample pack for approx 20 bucks. It has 11 or 12 single packs in it. I have not gone through surgery yet, but I have been trying out differnt brads of Protien for when the time comes. I have tried Injury. I did not think thery were too bad but everyone is different. I tried the Nectar and I love them. I have been using them sa Meal Replacements for 2 meals about 3 or 4 days a week. Just trying to get in the habit you know..But, really...Try the Nectoar and see how you like them.

I love the EAS shakes very cold but they are really good. If you are looking for something already mixed! Cheap in the states at Wal-Mart!

Sorry to hear you went through this! To avoid this issue, I went to vitalady's site and bought a slew of samples - that way I could decide if I liked something enough to buy the giant tub.

Try working with the shakes - mixing with SF pudding or greek yogurt (w/splenda), freezing them to see if they're more palatable very cold, making them with 1/2 scoops instead of a full scoop. Try mixing the vanilla with fresh berries and vanilla soy milk for a smoothie, or mixing it with a cup of chai flavored tea instead of Water.

I hope there's a variation out there that makes the shakes palatable. If not, maybe someone on the boards will buy them off of you if you ship them? Everyone's tastes are different, so someone out there probably doesn't mind the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury vanilla. I've only had their unflavored and chicken Soup Proteins as I'm on clears, but I have no issues with either one. Like I said, everyone is different!

Good luck,

~Cheri

Edited by clk

isn't it nice how we can all share? Someone sent their Unjury chicken Soup to me, and I never used it and I sent it to someone else. We are all one big happy family.:cursing:

I made the mistake of buying 4 large containers of vanilla unjury protien from my doctors office. I should have bought some smaller sample packs of other flavors. The Vanilla is absolutely terrible.

LOL Timmy, you should check out my thread called "gonna pimp slap the peson who invented Protein powder". I'm 9 days post-op and am in the depths of Protein powder nastiness. I guess we just have to suffer through, make it to soft food stage, and find a shake doe supplemental use that just doesn't suck too badly.

I stopped the Protein Shakes as soon as I was on solids, except for the occassional top up. There is no way this side of Hades I would have one again now!! I just use the Atkin Day Break bars to up my Protein when needed. And scrambled eggs and well chewed steak!!

Jane x