Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Month Post Gastric Sleeve Surgery And Not Happy

Guest NiceGirl

Just read your posts NiceGirl and wondered about the symptoms that make you think you are lactose intolerant. I know that one of the main symptoms that a lot of people have with lactose intolerance is gas--but gas is very common for a lot of people (belching and flatulence) after this surgery for quite a while. Also, when I started my pre-op diet, I was having incredible blow out diarrhea (I know, TMI) that was almost like dumping syndrome anytime I would drink the whey Protein shakes. I knew I wasn't allergic to milk, and I had never been lactose intolerant before. It obviously wasn't related to the surgery, since I was pre-op. I did some research and found that a lot of body builders have similar problems when they use the Protein powders. I did some more research and decided to switch to unjury (unflavored) because it is easier to digest and has no artificial additives. My GI problems cleared up.

Also, my daughter is lactose intolerant, and there are some tablets you can buy that may help.

First i have heard about the lactose intollerance issue. Explains why I have problems driking milk when I thought it would be soothing. Good to know.

Nice Girl, you sound really frustrated but things will improve. Give it time. Give yourself time to heal.

Dear Nice Girl, I empathise as I am 5 weeks post op sleeve surgery and still having a lot of chest and stomach pains that last all day almost , esp if I have anything other than Clear liquids.Also stomach gurgles w clear liquid

Anyone else with such a long clear liquid and pain period ? I am taking Nexium daily.I need reassurance that it will get better and others have had this experience

Gouri Datta

I'm here to vent.

It's been 1 month today and I feel like pooh. I have become lactose intolerant, I have heartburn from hell, and I have only lost 18 pounds!

As sick as I am and as little as I eat, I should have lost at least 30 pounds by now. So here I am a fat person who can't eat. Is that an oxymoron or what??

I'm so weak from lack of food that I sleep almost all the time. The only time I am awake is when I have to go to work, and luckily I only work part-time-otherwise I don't even think I would have the energy to do that.

My new tummy is sore most of the time and to top it all off...I'm actuallty having more powerful hunger pangs than before my surgery. I feel like I got the majorly short end of the stick on this whole thing. Wish I could go back in time and forget I ever heard of VSG.

Hi there,

Im sorry for how your feeling, I do see that its been a few months and was just wondering how are you doing now?

I am getting surgery soon I want to know all the pros and cons there is.

Please let me know if you still feel like you wish you would have never got it done. Have you lost any more weight?