Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today, I got my "drain" out and had my one week post-op weigh-in. I have lost 12 lbs! Twelve pounds! My daughter and I went to a very foo-foo mall in Dallas - it had a Barney's! Who knew they were outside of NY? But that is not the best part. Here's the BEST part - we went to lunch. My first "meal." We went to a little cafe, and I had a cup of tomato-basil Soup. It was the best soup I have ever eaten, seriously! I could only eat 1/2 of it, but had no troubles what-so-ever and was completely satified. I did not know if I would ever feel normal again, and today was just splendid! I did order tea with my soup out of habit, and then remembered I was not suppose to eat & drink at the same time. It is weird, I knew it was time to stop because my tummy sort of started "rolling," like I might need to burp, so I stopped. I did not actually feel "fullness," like pre-surgery when I ate a grand Mexican meal, more like, just it is time to stop. IS THAT WHAT FULL FEELS LIKE NOW? Kinda rolly? Also, what is that hot, someone is setting on my chest feeling I get from time-to-time. Like if I take a too big sip? It was a good day, friends!

Edited by barbannn

Sounds very lovely. i hope that you have many more days like that. i cant wait to be where you are now.

Today, I got my "drain" out and had my one week post-op weigh-in. I have lost 12 lbs! Twelve pounds! My daughter and I went to a very foo-foo mall in Dallas - it had a Barney's! Who knew they were outside of NY? But that is not the best part. Here's the BEST part - we went to lunch. My first "meal." We went to a little cafe, and I had a cup of tomato-basil Soup. It was the best soup I have ever eaten, seriously! I could only eat 1/2 of it, but had no troubles what-so-ever and was completely satified. I did not know if I would ever feel normal again, and today was just splendid! I did order tea with my soup out of habit, and then remembered I was not suppose to eat & drink at the same time. It is weird, I knew it was time to stop because my tummy sort of started "rolling," like I might need to burp, so I stopped. I did not actually feel "fullness," like pre-surgery when I ate a grand Mexican meal, more like, just it is time to stop. IS THAT WHAT FULL FEELS LIKE NOW? Kinda rolly? Also, what is that hot, someone is setting on my chest feeling I get from time-to-time. Like if I take a too big sip? It was a good day, friends!

Good for you Barbann! For me the time to stop feeling is the same, pressure with bubbles and burps. . . i stop for abit then carry on. . . im still in clear liquid phase so drinking is drinking i do it with my Jello, popsicles and broth. . it's all drinking afterall. . . .so your soup was basically drinking could have enjoyed the tea as well. . . drinking is drinking. . . :001_tongue: I weigh in at the doctor on Thursday, I wonder how i'm doing. . . refuse to weigh at home. . .

I know exactly what you mean. I started full liq today too. I had 1/2 cup of brocolli Soup and could not eat it all. I was stunned! Now I know why it is so hard to get in proteins...you just can not eat enough. That broccoli soup has a little over 7 g and I could only get in 1/2 cup for the whole day. WOW. I am finishing my Protein Water to try to get in 5 more grams before I go to bed. My post op is supposed to be Thurs but I may have to postpone it. Congratulations!

Wow guys, i can slobber down 8 oz of broth without a problem . . . but within about 15-20 minutes of course, then i can eat some Jello too. . . no problems. . . but boy new tummy lets you know when to stop doesn't it. . . maybe it's going to be better once full liquids come on board, we'll see

Barbara-

Glad things went well today. Good job on the weight loss and getting the dratted drain removed! Sounds like you went to Northpark and maybe LaMadeliene? That's my favorite mall!

I started mushies/soft foods yesterday and had some shredded chicken for supper. I was really worried when I at 4 bites I didn't feel full, thought there was something wrong with my sleeve, but then a few bites later I looked at Bill and said, I'm full. So I guess it's working just fine!

Keep up the great job!

Congrats, Barbara!! This journey is so much fun, huh? We should plan a meet up in Dallas or Austin in the spring for all the Texas crew.

Breekahouse - YOU WILL get there. Heck, I did not buy a thing at the mall today, but I actually thought, "one day I could come back here and shop." The last jeans I tried to buy were at the Gap, their largest size 16 was too tight, so I went home and ordered some off Ebay, because I did not want to have to go into another store. I am really busty so tops are a nightmare too.

Thanks everyone for sharing with me! Anna, I am not sure I really know "what full feels like?" Like I said, it is not a pleasant feeling like pre-op, more like a gurgly feeling that feels kinda like a warning. ThinOneDay eats a bit beyond that - plugs on, I was too scared - thought urping in the mall might make it a "less than splendid day, you know?" Kermit, I too hope we can all meet at some point, I'll be the burpy one. This is the best list to have support as we figure this out. It means the world to know you are not alone.

Barbann, I am soooooo glad you asked about fullness, I am having the same question. We were sleeved on the same day, (although I did not have a drain) my full and "do I take another bite?" point seems the same. The burping and gurgling I guess is the sign this early in the game.

Feedback from sleevers further out is welcome!

CC

What a lovely day... My first meal out was Tomato basil Soup as well. :crying: It was so soothing to me and I felt so different sitting there not gulping food and I noticed I looked around more and paid more attention to my friends instead of being so focused on "eating"... :)

The burping bubbly feeling was big for me for about 4 weeks, but then as I gradually ate more solid food, it subsided and the full feeling is more like before surgery you just know you can't push it as far as before.. you know like Thanksgiving dinner when you are full but still push to finish your plate.. now you can't "do that extra push" and you are full with so much less food.....

Barbara, I am so happy for you. I know what you mean about he rolly feeling. I kept asking if it would ever feel "normal" again. I am 4 weeks out and it is starting to, but not all the way. At first the rolly feeling made me feel empty (not fullness empty), but like there was extra space in my abdomen. I think it was just my new insides getting used to not having a giant stomach in there. And I still have trouble telling when I am full, so I just measure out what the doc says I should be eating and just eat that!

Kermit, I too want to get together with other fellow TX sleevers. Barbara and I live in Austin, and I know there are lots others. Maybe we can compile a group and meet up every other month or something, and keep each other motivated? Where do you live?

Okay - here's my two cents on this. Early on I experieced exactly what most of your are describing - a rumble, an uncertainty for the next bite. I took that as my full sign. As my tummy healed, full is now very similar to what it was pre-op but I achieve it much faster and it is very finite. It's kind of like once I get "full", a lid closes on my stomach and nothing else is going in, no "last bite", nothing, zip, period. It's not unpleasant, I just get a strong signal from my stomach that my stomach is "now closed for the meal". If I push it, I usually will have stomach pain for 10-20 minutes. So I've learned that the additional bite of food better be darn good or else I'm not suffering. LOL:)