Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question to you all

I am scheduled to get the sleeve done nov.10 in mexico by Dr. Alvarez. After reading a bunch of your problems would any of you hesitate in getting it done again? .. I feel like im getting cold feet. :frown1: I already paid $1000 deposit and have my flight booked

I will be completely honest with you.

I had horrific complications, and would do it all over again within a blink of an eye. The life that I am leading today is only because of the sleeve. The life that I will have in 20+ years will be even better because of the sleeve.

Hello,

I can't help you with an answer directly because I am not sleeved yet. I have to wait until 12/29/09. There are days when I am scared or worried, but there are more days that I am excited about what lies ahead after the surgery. Like Tiff just said, the increased number of years of a good quality life I am going to experience are about to increase by 20-30 years. I come to this board several times a day just to read the stories everyone is posting about their experiences. Some experiences are bad(not permanently bad, just setbacks that have to overcome), but the majority of them are good. People are getting thier lives back. If I could speed up the clock and get 12/29/09 here quicker I would in a heartbeat. I wish you luck on your journey as it is your's alone to walk, but remember others have already walked it and there are a bunch more coming behind you.

This surgery was one of the best decisions I ever made. I would do it again in a heartbeat, but I also didn't have complications.

Well I do feel better about going now......I did almost back out of it today. 2 weeks today. How do you get that weight loss scale I see some of you have?

Well I do feel better about going now......I did almost back out of it today. 2 weeks today. How do you get that weight loss scale I see some of you have?

Here's the tutorial that will walk you through getting a ticker set up in your profile.

http://verticalsleevetalk.com/vertical-sleeve-talk-forum-assistance-suggestions/267-vst-tickerfactory-ticker-tutorial-pictures.html

My surgery is scheduled for 12/28 with Dr. Alvarez and I have also given my deposit and every week I change my mind. I read all the success stories in the forum and the one time I hear of a complication I am ready to back out. I have been battling weightloss for over 10 yrs and I am ready to get my life back, but you are not alone in your feelings. Evaluate your pros and cons then move forward, I feel very confident in the surgeon I selected.

I would do it again without a second thought even though I still have spasms at times, they are getting better; even if they weren't, I'd still do it again.

I would do it again too. Just think of all the risk you take with your life if you allow it to go on as it has been going...cardiovascular disease, diabetes, congestive heart failure, inability to do the ordinary things that make life worthliving...

To me, the risk of surgery is vastly less than the risk of severe illness untold misery, and early death, which is where I was headed as an obese person. My motto: VSG or BUST! I got the VSG.

Your back and forth are normal responses. I wavered for months until I finally decided it was for me. I am only 11 days post. I am down 21 lbs. I am grateful for this. The "do it again question", I cannot answer yet. THis sleeve for me is about the long term. It will be worth it to me only if it is the tool I need to keep the weight off. So I will be answering that question next year some time around my "anniversary" date. I say go for it if your mind and heart tell you it is right for you. Take a leap of faith it will work long term. I have.

I don't regret it but I had no major complications. I did, however, suffer some complications from the band I had prior to this and I did nearly back out of further surgery (see chickening out thread). Am so glad I didn't. Have lost 119lbs in just over 2 years, BMI is down from 47 to 29 and I am still slowly losing more weight. I was obese for 20 years like you, with my weight going up and up and it would have gone up even more had I not had the surgery. No regrets whatsoever.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again- no second thoughts what so ever

Absolutely, me too. One of my better decisions, up there with getting my eyes lasered. :thumbup1:

And I had no complications either, so far, touch wood, at 5 months out.