Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Sleeved tomorrow - getting a little scared

:thumbup: So they just called me from the hospital, and I need to be there at 7:45am. It has now gotten real to me. I am getting really scared now. Do I really want to do this? Will I make it out ALIVE? I'm psyching myself out I think. Ahhhhh I want to yell. I'm scared. All I can think about are my kids. :) Any words of encouragement will help, I'm sure... AHHhhhhh:scared0:

You will do just fine dear, try going in with a real positive attitude, it really helps calm the nerves. This is no scarier a procedure than a gall bladder surgery. Yes, inside a little more extreme, but compared to most weight loss surgeries it is the easiest.

Remember, minimally invasive, (a great thing) up afterwards as soon as possible, walking around pushing your IV pole, they give you nice meds to keep you comfy, and you will wonder what you were so worried about later.

Most of all be positive, attitude is so important - in every endeavor, and this is no exception!

all the best to you!

Relax-- you will do great! Someone told me if I wasn't worried about getting my appendix out I shouldn't be worried about the sleeve. Just think about the "up side" of being healthy!

Best of luck for a smooth speedy recovery!

You will be fine!!! I remember people telling me that prior to my VSG. I even had an anxiety attack the night before, I was horrified! However, its much easier than you think. Think positive, pray and you will be here posting your progress in no time!

Be Blessed!

You will do just fine dear, try going in with a real positive attitude, it really helps calm the nerves. This is no scarier a procedure than a gall bladder surgery. Yes, inside a little more extreme, but compared to most weight loss surgeries it is the easiest.

Remember, minimally invasive, (a great thing) up afterwards as soon as possible, walking around pushing your IV pole, they give you nice meds to keep you comfy, and you will wonder what you were so worried about later.

Most of all be positive, attitude is so important - in every endeavor, and this is no exception!

all the best to you!

Hey Ladybug

I read that your daughter is getting surgery soon along with your Sister? I see on the ad on this website taht they are offering a special of 5500.00 including airfare, can this be ture? This is at Emmanuel Medical. May I ask the Total cost for you, including airfare and everything. And have you had any follow up visits?

:thumbup: So they just called me from the hospital, and I need to be there at 7:45am. It has now gotten real to me. I am getting really scared now. Do I really want to do this? Will I make it out ALIVE? I'm psyching myself out I think. Ahhhhh I want to yell. I'm scared. All I can think about are my kids. :incazzato: Any words of encouragement will help, I'm sure... AHHhhhhh:scared0:

I think I'm going to feel the same way... :-( I'm not as close as you, but I plan on getting the sleeve next week. I don't have an exact day yet. In so ways I am so thrilled, but on the other hand I'm terrified. The only surgery I have ever had is a C-Section and I've never been put to sleep. Tomorrow I have to go to the hospital to have blood work and and Endoscopy done. That scares me about as much as the surgery because they have to put me to sleep and put a tube down my throat. I don't know why being put to sleep scares me so much. It's not like I'm not going to wake up... lol...:thumbdown: I don't know if I'm got to be able to sleep to much tonight. I have to be at the hospital at 11am and I cannot eat or drink anything in the morning...

Thank you all so much:001_tt1: I am still freaking out. I too am scared of being put to sleep. That is my biggest fear. Not the surgery itself. I too have only had c-sections. They just called me again to CONFIRM everything and they freaked me out even more asking about an advanced directive and what religion I am, and If I want a priest with me. I was like WTF? It felt like they were reading me my last rights ... AHHHHHHHHHHH:crying::crying::scared0::scared0::confused1::001_unsure: I want to cry. I am a total hypocondriac (SP??)I dont think I will sleep tonight just thinking. I didnt get an endoscopy .. should I have? They only did an EKG and blood work .... :confused1: May all your prayers get to God's ears for me. Thank you all again:crying:

You'll do wonderful, just stay positive and breathe. I didn't have an endoscopy before surgery. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hey Ladybug

I read that your daughter is getting surgery soon along with your Sister? I see on the ad on this website taht they are offering a special of 5500.00 including airfare, can this be ture? This is at Emmanuel Medical. May I ask the Total cost for you, including airfare and everything. And have you had any follow up visits?

It is true all right, but don't know if that date is full or not, best check with Shirley at 1 866 701 0199 (toll free) to see what is available, OK?

I am only out for 10 days post op so no, I went and had the stitches out today with my own dr. he will do any follow up should I need any, but I am fine, don't anticipate any problems with anything. I do ask Shirley advice sometimes, she is so very helpful.

Ask Shirley about follow up if one needs it. OK?

Donna:001_cool:

They just called me again to CONFIRM everything and they freaked me out even more asking about an advanced directive and what religion I am, and If I want a priest with me. I was like WTF? It felt like they were reading me my last rights ... AHHHHHHHHHHH:crying::scared0::confused1::scared0::confused1::001_unsure: I want to cry.

OMG I think that would have freaked me out too! I just wanted to wish you all the best for tomorrow. I'm still waiting for my consult call from Dr. Zane's office, so I'd love to hear every little detail of your experience there.

I've heard nothing but great things about him, so don't worry, you're in good hands. I know your journey has been long, just remember how excited you are to finally get this done. I look forward to my day very much....Take care and welcome to the new you.

Well you're already in surgery - or maybe out of surgery by now - I am sure you did fine and now you will wonder why you were so scared... we will be looking forward to reading your posts and following your journey to a new YOU!

I just wanted you to know that I've been thinking about you on and off today. I just know everything went wonderfully, and you'll be updating us soon. Can't wait to hear from you ! ! !