Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well surgery is today guys!!! I have not had anything to eat since Sunday night. I am not hungry but feel kinda foggy in my head. Sorry if my spelling is worse that usual. I have to scrub my tummy again with anti bacterial stuff. I am all packed with books, netbook (too watch movies), and iTouch. The hardest part is going to be leaving my wedding ring at home :blush:. I am a little scared that my pain won't be controlled after surgery but my DH has assured me he will be right on top of it.

My report time is 9 am but parking can be bad at that time so DH and are going earlier. I should be in surgery by 10:30 or so. I will be discharged on Saturday sometime. I will try and post from the hospital on a friends phone if it works like I think it will.

I wanted to thank everyone here for all the incredible support you give. Honestly there were times I felt like this was the only place I could go and not be judged and harrased about my choice. Those already sleeved, you are getting huge karma points for helping those coming behind you.

Catch you guys on the sleeved side!!!! :cool0:

I will keep you in my thoughts today ! ! ! I know you'll do fabulous today, and I can't wait until to you let us know you are okay. . .

Hope everything goes smoothly. I hope

you are like me and are surprised that this

surgery really is not painful.

Looking forward to hearing how you're doing.

SoCal.

Thinking of you today. I hope you have a speedy, noneventful recovery. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

SoCal the day you've been waiting for is finally upon you (and actually your surgery is over). I know it went great and I wish you a fast and speedy, painless, stress free recovery. Looking forward to hearing from you and following your progress.

I hope you are having a quick recovery and that you will be back on your feet in know time!!!

I wish I was where you are now.

Well, how are you doing? We are eager to hear from you! Hope all is well, walk walk, sip, sip, burp, burp, etc etc etc.

Oh boy. What a wild ride the last few days have been! Ignore my spelling. I can't be bothered with it.

I had to wait hours all dressed up in my butt showing gown. They wheeled me back around 11:30 or so. They put the mask on and told me too breath deep and thats it. I remember waking up in the anesthia recovery room begging for someone to help me. I was holding on to somebody in the room and wouldn't let go. I think I was in pain and scared. The next thing I remember was waking up in my room with my wonderful, loving, awesome husband by my side.

I had a morphine pain pump. It worked for the most part. I am not one to lie though. I don't want to scare anyone reading this later away but I was not one of the ones who found it to not be very painful. August 26th was one of the most painful days of my life. HOWEVER I would do it all again and you can make it though! I was supposed to be up and walking but only walked once. I just hurt too much.

Second day: The spasms in my stomach started when I took my first drink of Water. I knew from this site to make it tiny and it was about 1/16th to 1/8 of an ounce so it was not too big. My stomach was just upset with me on the second day and let me know. I found holding my breath for just a few seconds helped when the spasm started. The nurses don't want you doing that but if your diaphram is moving your stomach is too. Don't hold too long though. I can only describe the spasms like a pill the size of a dinner plate went down wrong and is now stuck in my throat and then starts moving through my stomach.

The third day I had had it it with the spasms and complained to anyone who would listen. Finaly I got some valium for them and that really helped! Ask for some if you need it. They crushed it up and I drank the mix by the sips. They did not go away completly but they came less often. You simply can't drink anything when you spasm for 20 mins after and stay sane. Ask for help!

Spent the night at home last night. My doctor is stingy and I don't have much loritab. Maybe 6 doses so I am just dealing with discomfort. I can do it. I will try some liquid tylenol later today. I slept on my side for the first time last night and it was blissful.

No regrets so far.

WOW SoCal so sorry to hear you were in so much pain -- I can sympathize with you on the spasming - it sucks big time and you gave a great description of how it feels. I'm glad I didn't have the pain - I do remember wondering in recovery what the heck had I done as I was in some pain; however by the time I was fully awake, it was more uncomfortable than pain. Hope you get to feeling better soon -- walk walk walk is the best thing to do.

Oh my, sounds like you are having a rough time. I hope that you will soon be feeling much better...

Focus on your goal...picture the new you. It shall come to pass! Congratulations on getting through the surgery and onto the losers' bench!

wow, sorry to hear you had a rough time of it.

I hope you're feeling much better really soon.