Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Change of Plans

Hello Friends,

I'm sorry that I haven't checked in with you for a few days. I have been on an emotional rollercoaster. I have had to cancel my sleeve surgery on the 15th. :svengo:

My mother is to have by-pass surgery on the 16th. She has numerous health issues and I need to be with her. I'm worried about her.

On the other hand I feel guilty because I'm disappointed for having to cancel my surgery. I feel so selfish. I know that I can get it done at a later date. I will have to wait until end of Oct. or Christmas break before I can get time off work.

Please tell me to just shut-up and get over it. LOL

I only have one Moma and I need to take care of her first. Please remember her in your prayers.

Thanks for listening to me whine.:001_smile: Judy

Hello Friends,

I'm sorry that I haven't checked in with you for a few days. I have been on an emotional rollercoaster. I have had to cancel my sleeve surgery on the 15th. :svengo:

My mother is to have by-pass surgery on the 16th. She has numerous health issues and I need to be with her. I'm worried about her.

On the other hand I feel guilty because I'm disappointed for having to cancel my surgery. I feel so selfish. I know that I can get it done at a later date. I will have to wait until end of Oct. or Christmas break before I can get time off work.

Please tell me to just shut-up and get over it. LOL

I only have one Moma and I need to take care of her first. Please remember her in your prayers.

Thanks for listening to me whine.:001_smile: Judy

Oh Judy, I am so sorry! That must be so hard, you had your date and everything!

Nobody is going to tell you to shut up, we are the ones that understand how you must feel!

Hang in there, we are all there for you!

I would be really upset too. Hope everything is okay with your mom and you can get your surgery in Oct. instead of Dec.

Wow Judy, that really sucks but you are right to be with your mother. I know how you feel, I had to put mine off too but only for an additional 6 weeks. It s hard to wait for so long.

i feel bad about that happening to you but at least it it was done for a worthy cause. i will remember you both in my prayers.

Oh Judy, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's need for surgery and that you have had to cancel your surgery as well. However, I believe that everything happens for a reason and perhaps right now is just not the right time for your surgery. Plus, you are right, you only have one mom and you need to be with her right now. Your time will come and in the meantime, you can start dieting on your own and be in even better condition by surgery time.

Thank you everyone. I was very disappointed about having to cancel, but I really do need to put my mom first. I'm the oldest of 6 siblings and she tends to depend on me the most. That is ok. I will be there for her.

I can have my surgery at a later time. I haven't told the family that I was having wls so they will never know that I've had to postpone my plans.

Thanks for the support and understanding my upset. Judy

Judy, I am sorry you had to postpone your surgery. But, I am sure your mother really needs you and will appreciate having you by her side as she goes through this. You and your entire family are in my thoughts.

Judy,

Maybe you and I can be sleeve buddies-I haven't set my date yet but am looking for it to be in Oct. Have to find the rest of the money first.

Please continue to keep us posted on your journey and I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I don't think being dissapointed is being selfish at all. Besides I am sure it was more "Darn now I will have to wait longer" but the thought came and went and you were more worried about your mom.

I hope everything turns out ok.

Oh Judy, your mom will definitely need you by her side at a time like this. I know you are disappointed, but you will be having yours before you know it. You are an angel for you mom right now and you will be rewarded for the love and support in so many little ways.

You only have one Mom, so cherish her while you can. I will be keeping your and yours in my prayers. Remember there are people around that you can lean on at a time like this, don't be afraid to do it!

Hugz,

Penny

It is so ok, Judy. One battle at a time. You will get this done when your mom is better. Keep smiling, everyone will be here for you when you need us.

I just noticed that my gender is undisclosed...hmmmm. Do you think something happened to me in Mexico, and I don't have a gender?? I know I have both kidneys...I pee all the time!!! Ok, will change it..:bored0:

Thank you for the kind words. My mother does need me and I will be there for her. She has not had a good 2009.

I took her to a Dr. last year for an ear infection. She didn't have one. The Drs. kept doing tests and sending her to another Dr.. This went on for weeks.

They finally decided she had something very rare and there was only two recorded cases in history. They admited her to a cancer center in Lexington for two weeks this past April. I never left her side. She had over 20 different Doctors to come and see her. (She said she was an experiment).

This is what they found just because she thought she had an ear infection;

swelling around the brain-causing deafness, dizzyness, unknown cause-no cure. They did a brain biosopy.

2 hernias.

tumor on pancreas-biosopy caused pancreatitis (sp.) not cancer. Not related to swelling around the brain.

Diabetic

hypothroidism

anurisum between heart and stomach.

I took her last week for a stress test and echocardigram so they could plan surgery for the anurisum. Now they found out she has some blockage. She has an enlarged heart and a mumor.

She said she is never going to be tested for anything else.

She said she was in good shape until she went to the Doctor. LOL

73 years young.

Thanks for all the support. Judy

Your mom sounds like my mom. Maybe at that age, they have decieded to take what the good Lord gives them. Just let her be happy and pain free. They told my Granny at 86, she had small cell carsanoma (sp), they wanyed to do chemo, and every thing else, she told them no. They gave her 6 months, she lived almost 7 more years before she died of natural causes....They do not always know whats best. My mom is the same age as your mom, and it is what ever she wants. She only wants us to make sure she is pain free, and not in a rest home. That is what she will get.:thumbup: Keep smiling, I think she knows whats best for her.