Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At the Hotel Lucerna...and confused.

Had my tests at the hospital, getting to bed now. Surgery tomorrow.

I got weighed in - and MAN! I lost about 75 pounds seven years ago. 50 of those are back on. I had no idea because I don't have a scale and apparently you can gain A LOT of weight and only go up one or two sizes. UGH.

If I wasn't getting sleeved tomorrow - and I had stepped on that scale - I would have definitely been incredibly despondent.

I went over all the written material given by Dr. Aceves. It's a real hard thing to wrap my head around eating so little, thinking about each meal - I hate anything that feels like a "diet" and I guess I want to just have the surgery do it for me. But it won't.

I don't mind the exercise part or even the healthy eating. But honestly part of me is like "I've eaten right and worked out in the past - and managed to lose weight. If I just have to eat right and work out to make the sleeve work - why am I even getting the sleeve? Especially since in the past, I've managed to work out, eat healthy - and eat quantity because my trainer had me on 6 small meals a day. Much more than is recommended for the sleeve."

Sigh. Confused.

Tomorrow will be brighter! Get some rest. Enjoy the fact that you are getting the tool that will help you. I think the answer is that you won't need the trainer and will be able to eat better with less work(mental).

Norma -

You're right! I hadn't even thought of that. I WASN'T able to maintain it without Phil the Mean Trainer breathing down my neck. And he was really really expensive. And I resented him and started slipping all the time. And I didn't really trust him.

Now my body will be my "trainer" by providing me immediate feedback if I'm eating more than I need. The trainer was a tool. The sleeve is a tool.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH. You said exactly the right thing.

Norma -

You're right! I hadn't even thought of that. I WASN'T able to maintain it without Phil the Mean Trainer breathing down my neck. And he was really really expensive. And I resented him and started slipping all the time. And I didn't really trust him.

Now my body will be my "trainer" by providing me immediate feedback if I'm eating more than I need. The trainer was a tool. The sleeve is a tool.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH. You said exactly the right thing.

And this tool you only have to pay for one time and it's permanent. No mean trainer breathing down your neck and reducing the balance of your bank account.

Take the pills they gave you at your pre-op testing today and get a good nights sleep -- everything will look better in the morning light.

For the first year, you should not feel hunger. You will eat very small meals and be satisfied. You will also stay full for a long time, so snacking isn't constantly on your mind. the sleeve makes everything easier.

You will definitely not regret getting the sleeve. All of us know how to diet, exercise and lose weight. We have all probably done it numerous times. Unfortunately, to us food is like an addiction and we fall off the wagon. In the past when that happened, we binged and gained the weight back. Now, if we fall off the wagon, our tiny tummy's won't let us completely sabotage ourselves because we just can't eat very much. That will be a wonderful help in losing and maintaining weight loss.

But honestly part of me is like "I've eaten right and worked out in the past - and managed to lose weight. If I just have to eat right and work out to make the sleeve work - why am I even getting the sleeve?

It's not about losing weight for me. I've lost weight in the past. But I could never keep it off. I couldn't keep it off because I was hungry all the time. With the sleeve, you are satisfied on very little food. So you can keep it off because regular eating doesn't feel like dieting.

I agree, Mac. I've lost well over a thousand pounds in my lifetime and keeping it off is the real challenge. The band was a total waste for me and failed to work but VSG is definitely what I needed.