Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before my surgery, I always wondered what if would feel like to lose 100 lbs or more. It was such a surreal thought, one I couldnt fathom even in my wildest dreams. It seemed like a dream that would just stay that way - a dream - my very own fantasy.

I struggled to get to my 100 lb loss. My weight loss was going great when I reached my 75 lbs mark, then it all went backward. This was my 5 months post surgery. This is when my appetite really kicked back in and I always knew I could eat more than your average Sleevester.

I had a goal to reach 100 lbs by Thanksgiving - well that didnt work, even tho I had plenty of time to do it in...so then I moved the goal to Christmas...still didnt make it. I think I finally reached it in Jan of 2009.

So, now its been 13 months since my surgery and Ive lost 111 lbs....in one way, Im totally thrilled with that, but on the other hand, Im really angry that I havent lost more...why am I angry, bc Ive done it to myself by continuing to eat the wrong things which has made me go up and down in weight..

One good thing Ive realized is that I do know how to maintain...which is not what I want to yet...but at least I know how to do it..

For the past few weeks, Ive steadily lost about a lb a week, sometimes more, sometimes less...but on average, about a lb/week.

Im not giving up. Im not even halfway to my goal. As my ticker indicates, I have 137 lbs to go to reach my goal of 150 lbs. Even at that, I wont be "skinny" but I will feel like a million bux!

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for telling us how your journey is going. It not as easy as everyone thinks, is it? You hang in there. I know you are going to make it. I'm right here rooting for you.

You are setting an example for the rest of us and giving us hope that we will get there too. Hugs, Judy

Hi Lisa -

Congrats on your loss. I think the fact that you didn't give up on your 100 lb. loss means alot ... so what if you didn't make it by the date first set - at least you didn't say "screw it" and keep eating the wrong things. Consider it a learning lesson and move on ... and I believe you'll reach you goal... just take it one day at a time!

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for telling us how your journey is going. It not as easy as everyone thinks, is it? You hang in there. I know you are going to make it. I'm right here rooting for you.

You are setting an example for the rest of us and giving us hope that we will get there too. Hugs, Judy

Thank you so much Judy. No, its definetly not an easy journey at all. But its worth it. I think if it was too easy, I would wonder why

lol

Hi Lisa -

Congrats on your loss. I think the fact that you didn't give up on your 100 lb. loss means alot ... so what if you didn't make it by the date first set - at least you didn't say "screw it" and keep eating the wrong things. Consider it a learning lesson and move on ... and I believe you'll reach you goal... just take it one day at a time!

Thanks alot. I really appreciate it. We all need the support from our fellow Sleevesters. No one else knows our particular struggles, etc.

One day at a time....absolutely!

Thanks alot. I really appreciate it. We all need the support from our fellow Sleevesters. No one else knows our particular struggles, etc.

One day at a time....absolutely!

Isn't that true! Nobody else seems to "get" it the way our peers do.

Isn't that true! Nobody else seems to "get" it the way our peers do.

Unfortunately that doesnt stop the advice-givers....I just cant stand them..

my mom has always been stick-thin...makes me sick that I didnt inherit her jeans....anyway, she has always given me advice that is so far-fetched...it doesnt even warrant opening her mouth..she means well, but just doesnt get it...over the yrs, shes learned to stop saying anything.. I think she finally realizes she just doesnt understand and cant help me..

Unfortunately that doesnt stop the advice-givers....I just cant stand them..

my mom has always been stick-thin...makes me sick that I didnt inherit her jeans....anyway, she has always given me advice that is so far-fetched...it doesnt even warrant opening her mouth..she means well, but just doesnt get it...over the yrs, shes learned to stop saying anything.. I think she finally realizes she just doesnt understand and cant help me..

my mother was 5'5 95ibs after 2 children. it was her pregnancy with my that made her reach 135ibs..lol she used to get on my case a lot. i know she meant well but every time she said something about my eating it just made me more hungry. over the past year she has learned to be supportive in better ways. she knows how badly i want to lose the eight so i can be healthy and enjoy college with out people making fun of me. i am happy that i lost 120ibs over the past 2 years. and with the sleeve i will be able to lose a 130ibs which would put me at 150ibs. i have been that small sice like 4th grade..lol my goal is to lose the weight before my graduation in 2011. i know the style of dress i want to wear and the color. :Cry: all those guys that make fun of me now are going to wish they could get some of this. because i am cute but when i am smaller and i put my cloths the looks on guys faces takes away any doubt i might have. if only i could be so self assured all the time..lol congrads to all on your work so far and congrads for what is to come.. we can and we will do more than you can imagen.

my mother was 5'5 95ibs after 2 children. it was her pregnancy with my that made her reach 135ibs..lol she used to get on my case a lot. i know she meant well but every time she said something about my eating it just made me more hungry. over the past year she has learned to be supportive in better ways. she knows how badly i want to lose the eight so i can be healthy and enjoy college with out people making fun of me. i am happy that i lost 120ibs over the past 2 years. and with the sleeve i will be able to lose a 130ibs which would put me at 150ibs. i have been that small sice like 4th grade..lol my goal is to lose the weight before my graduation in 2011. i know the style of dress i want to wear and the color. :Cry: all those guys that make fun of me now are going to wish they could get some of this. because i am cute but when i am smaller and i put my cloths the looks on guys faces takes away any doubt i might have. if only i could be so self assured all the time..lol congrads to all on your work so far and congrads for what is to come.. we can and we will do more than you can imagen.

OMG! I love the last line of your sig, that you are in this for the clothes! HA! Too funny!

lol the funniest part about that is ever since i was 8 i have always said i wont lose wait to get a boyfriend but one thing i will lose weight for is cloths..lol and my feet get smaller too..yay

Before my surgery, I always wondered what if would feel like to lose 100 lbs or more. It was such a surreal thought, one I couldnt fathom even in my wildest dreams. It seemed like a dream that would just stay that way - a dream - my very own fantasy.

I struggled to get to my 100 lb loss. My weight loss was going great when I reached my 75 lbs mark, then it all went backward. This was my 5 months post surgery. This is when my appetite really kicked back in and I always knew I could eat more than your average Sleevester.

I had a goal to reach 100 lbs by Thanksgiving - well that didnt work, even tho I had plenty of time to do it in...so then I moved the goal to Christmas...still didnt make it. I think I finally reached it in Jan of 2009.

So, now its been 13 months since my surgery and Ive lost 111 lbs....in one way, Im totally thrilled with that, but on the other hand, Im really angry that I havent lost more...why am I angry, bc Ive done it to myself by continuing to eat the wrong things which has made me go up and down in weight..

One good thing Ive realized is that I do know how to maintain...which is not what I want to yet...but at least I know how to do it..

For the past few weeks, Ive steadily lost about a lb a week, sometimes more, sometimes less...but on average, about a lb/week.

Im not giving up. Im not even halfway to my goal. As my ticker indicates, I have 137 lbs to go to reach my goal of 150 lbs. Even at that, I wont be "skinny" but I will feel like a million bux!

I know what you mean about losing 100# and trying to imagine what that would be like. I am a LOT farther out than you considering my band time as well as my sleeve time and I've lost 132#. I never thought this day would come.

During weight loss it is exciting each time the scale goes down, but after you get to goal and have time to think about it it's different. You sit back and think, "WOW! I lost a person!" Hind sight is the eye opener with WLS, that is when you figure out all the stuff you learned while you were losing it but didn't realize you knew it. If I knew then, what I know now... things would have been easier in some ways and harder in some ways.

I have a box of Velveeta cheese in my cupboard. One day after I lost about 20# I was at the store and I realized... I've lost **10** of those! That's a lot of Velveeta cheese. Today when I need to get back on track I look at that old, nasty, expired, gross cheese and realize.... I have lost 66 of those. Melt that and glue it to your hips! That's a lotta lotta lotta cheese. That box is probably freeze dried by now but I do not care. I will never throw it away. That was what kept me realizing just how much I was losing and today it's my icon. ;o)

In my wildest dreams I never thought I would reach a point where I had over 100# to lose. When I finally looked at myself and realized I was pretty darn fat and it was time to do something about it I just got depressed and ate more. Today I look back and I think it was all worth it. I wouldn't want to regain but I'm glad I have this journey. I have learned more about myself than I ever would otherwise. I have skills and knowledge that I wouldn't have if I hadn't have lost all that weight. I think there is something about being a 100# plus - person. Meaning, those of us who have over 100# to lose. It's just different, the mindset, what we learn, what we experience. Hard to explain but it's different emotionally and physically. I'm not saying it's better or worse, it's different. I'm glad I got fat because I wouldn't have had the journey. Someday I will be the wise old lady down the street and all the little children are going to want to come to my house and hear my stories. I already have a ton of them! But it's a journey like this that will create that little old lady I'll become someday.

Lisa, I see you as being exactly the same. I think you will be the cool old lady down the street that kids will love.

I like when I have to weigh on the traditional MD scale and can move the big weight. When I lost the first 100 pounds and hit 340, my brother sent me a dozen roses. LOL. My desire now is to get that big weight off the 250 and on the 200 and that will happen very soon since I'm a few pounds from it.

I like when I have to weigh on the traditional MD scale and can move the big weight. When I lost the first 100 pounds and hit 340, my brother sent me a dozen roses. LOL. My desire now is to get that big weight off the 250 and on the 200 and that will happen very soon since I'm a few pounds from it.

WAY COOL ELISABETH--I can't wait to get mine off the 250 ... that'll be a happy time!!! And then the 200 too ... haven't seen that in many many years

Hi There. Thanks for posting your story and thoughts. I have decided to have surgery and I am having some difficulty deciding which procedure to have. I have a surgery date (12/18/09) and all pre-op stuff done. I just seem to not be able to decide. Today, after finding this site and your posts I think I am ready to make my decision. I am leaning toward the VGS. For some reason beyond me, the stats of possibably lossing 10% more weight with the bypass is just nagging at me. I know I shouldn't care, logically that is because no matter which surgery I get the diabeties will most likely be gone as well as all the joint pain and I need to focus on that. The idea of weighing 100 and something puonds is just such a draw for me. I am currently 371 pounds, and I can't believe I waited this long.

Anyway I do appreciate your open discussions of your feelings and concerns.

Thanks again.:thumbup:

Welcome to our family and congrats on your surgery date - and deciding upon the VSG. We'll look forward to following your progress and you'll make your goal!