Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Putting it off...

We are postponing my surgey. I am possibly going to change school districts and the new ones insurance pays fir lap band plus pays better and better insurance premiums. So I am sad to wait but it isn't too much longer. I have been waiting 10 years what's a few more months.

Hi there, this could be such a blessing. I hope it works out well for you! And now you've done all your research, have everything lined up, etc. Good luck!

Good luck!! In the meantime, put into practice all that you've learned, so by the time of surgery comes, you'll be a pro!

Helli, you have a really good attitude! Good luck!!

Helli' date=' you have a really good attitude! Good luck!![/quote']

Thank you all. As for the good attitude well that took a few days of crying and anger before it kicked in. Lol

I know you're going to do great. Timing is everything. It took a lot of years for me to get this surgery. My prior insurance company wanted $3800 cash upfront. I did not have it. Then I was contemplating going to Mexico for surgery because it wasn't much more than what my insurance wanted upfront. Then there were co-pays, etc. I decided to change insurance companies because my co-pays kept going up with the old insurance. My new insurance had no co-pays for routine office visits AND they paid for medically necessary Lapband surgery. So, I delayed my Mexican surgery and found out that as long as I went to a surgeon in their network, I was covered! I'm happy I waited and who knows what would have happened if I went to Mexico? I am happy that I know I have a 10cc band instead of the 4cc band I may have been given if I had my surgery done in Mexico. I have nothing against having surgery in Mexico but when I wanted it way back when I would have been giving a 4cc band.

So you see, timing is everything!