Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have 7 more meals of Protein Shakes to choke down before Doc puts me on the next phase. They make me sick, I bought numerous brands hoping one or two I could drink. Well the truth is they all are terrible (IMO), is there anyway around this? I don't mind anything so far but shakes make me gag! Any way to get Protein and Vitamins in my clear broth, juice etc.

Is there a way around the protein shakes!

i havent had a shake in 3 days i just cant stomach it im on broth and Clear Liquids and im dying i have 5 days left til i go in for my next stage of mushy foods. your not the only one.. ive vomited once already and have been dry heaving every time i try to drink a shake.. ive even got the clear kind and every other kind nothing will go down and stay down .. :( sucks doesnt even cover the feeling..

I don't know if this will help, but I love the unjury chocolate Splendor Protein shakes. The only downfall is you can only get it online.

Much to my shock, I actually like the Slimfast low carb shake. The low carb ones have 20g of Protein per serving (their normal ones only have 10g). I've been drinking them for quite awhile.

Atkins Protein Shakes are downright yummy- I have Caramel Latte and chocolate Mocha ones in my fridge right now. The downfall to them is they only have 15g of protein. But, it's still better than nothing or vomiting.

Premier Protein shakes are so good and they don't have that disgusting Protein smell/taste. You can get them at Sam's or costco. I personally like the chocolate ones. Best thing is they have 30 gm protein and only 160 cals in each shake.< /p>

I use whey Protein or slim fast (greater value version for less). Whey protein has 60grs of protein but greater value has 10 or 12 I can't remember exactly. They come in different flavors and you can mix them with Water, milk, or juice. At least not the slim fast unless you purchase the powder rather than ready made.

The only other thing I can think of is getting unflavored Protein powder and adding it to juice or broth. But...even the supposedly "unflavored" seems to have a bit of a taste.

What brand shakes have you tried?

Bought @ Wallyworld (whey and muscle milk,and eas myoplax). I'll look for the unflavored stuff at the drug store.

i havent had a shake in 3 days i just cant stomach it im on broth and clear liquids and im dying i have 5 days left til i go in for my next stage of mushy foods. your not the only one.. ive vomited once already and have been dry heaving every time i try to drink a shake.. ive even got the clear kind and every other kind nothing will go down and stay down .. :( sucks doesnt even cover the feeling..

you talk to your Doc yet?

Premier Protein shakes are so good and they don't have that disgusting Protein smell/taste. You can get them at Sam's or costco. I personally like the chocolate ones. Best thing is they have 30 gm protein and only 160 cals in each shake.

Second this. These are what I drink.

I use Unjury Protein drinks....they are the best!

Have you tried the ready-to-drink shakes? I like GNC Total Lean and Pure Protein the best.

I put fresh fruit and frozen fruit in mine. It made the Whey Protein and skim milk palatable. Just count the calories, I put ice in it when I used fresh fruit and it made a great smoothie !!!! Hope this helps !

I used the Isopure Protein Water I loved it, and it was a nice change from the flavored protein powders not matter what flavor they were ICK.

These come in fruit Punch and grape. I found them at Meijer's but that is a Michigan based store but also ordered them on Amazon.< /p>

http://www.amazon.com/Isopure-Protein-Alpine-6-Count-Bottles/dp/B001M0NJOQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&srs=2594137011&ie=UTF8&qid=1373768312&sr=1-1&keywords=isopure

I don't "do" artificial sweetners so I use unflavored Unjury. I'm several months post op, so I don't know what your doctor is recommending for you but I drink this every morning for Breakfast. http://thefatgirlthin.blogspot.com/2013/05/smoothie.html

Been on costco Premier Protein shakes since June prior to lapband surgery. No issues. I put them in freezer for 30-45 minutes and drink like a slurpy.