Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded in January 2006?

I was banded Jan 16, 2006 and I have lost 24lbs :) . I am very frustrated with how slow this is going. This is my second band. My first banding was July 18, 2005. I have lost 53lbs all together, but it has been slow going!! Oh yeah, I have had three fill, I am at 2.6cc on a 4cc band. I have another fill scheduled for June 6th, I can not wait, I hope this is the ONE!!

Hey Hefftynetty! Thanks for popping in. I sooo understand where you are coming from. I am anxiously awaiting my next fill on Tues. I am so ready to get started.

What happended with your last band if you don't mind me asking. If it is too much too soon, just ignore the question, K?

No big deal. My doctor thinks I busted a surture when I picked up my son. (Probably too soon). After 4 weeks I could not eat anything without pain and could not drink Water at all. I had to go to the emergency room and get rehydrated. They put a scope down my throat and the hole to get anything down was the size of a ball point pen. They took it out and then 5 mos later I had it put back in and I am doing ok, just no weight loss.

I'm sorry.

I was nervous about picking up my 2 year old, but did. I don't know what I'd do if I popped a stitch. How scary!

Glad you are back on the wagon. Hope both of us are pleasantly restricted in June.

Thanks again for joining or little group.

Brenda

Hey all!!! I was banded Jan 27, 2006. It was actually my daughters 9th Birthday. I'm glad I found this thread!!! I was wondering if there was a group for us Jan bandsters.

I guess I can't really complain, everything seems to be going pretty well for me. The weight loss is slow but steady. What more can I ask for? It's going... Hope to get to chat more with all of you!

Welcome Jennie Lynn!!!

I think that this IS the group... Woo Hoo, you found us! Got a subject to discuss? We are W-I-D-E open! The cobwebs are starting to form in the rafters.

How much have you lost? What was your starting weight/BMI? Who is your doc? How many fills? What foods are taboo?

Now that we have been banded six months I have just started to notice REAL changes. I am loving it! My clothes are looser, my energy is better, and I think I saw a hint of neck/collarbone yesterday! I am considering another fill since my no-no foods (melted cheese and hamburger meat) no longer pose a threat and I can eat anything I want after 4 pm. That just isn't going to work for me.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi Jennie. Happy to hear your doing good. And im happy that you found this site. It has helped me a lot having all of these people to talk to. Every one is very nice and they dont get annoyed with me like my husband does when I go on and on about my band.LOL Anyways I hope to hear more from you. Jennifer

Well let's see, where to begin... I think I weighed 293 when I got this whole process started in October 2005. Now I'm down to 238 and I think I've got the perfect restriction. Finally!!! I was supposed to go to get checked and maybe another fill tomorrow, but cancelled my appt because I'm feeling fine and eating just enough, but losing steadily. My doctor is Dr Jeff Baker in Fridley Minnesota. I really like him. He's kinda goofy but really knowledgable. I think I've had 4 fills and I'm at 1.4 now total. That's pretty tight but still I can eat most anything if I chew, chew, chew!!! That's my biggest problem. I forget to chew good right when I start to eat and then I'll get clogged and be miserable. I have to keep reminding myself to chew! I love this link too JJB, my husband gets tired of all the band talk I do, too. And Morisaille, I've been noticing quite a difference in clothes too. I have gone down from wearing a 22 before surgery to now an 18 is getting loose. I love that, but I hate baggy clothes so I'm always looking for cheap clothes to get me by this size. I hate to spend a bunch of money on pants knowing that they are going to be too big in a month. But it's great to be able to feel the difference. When I look in the mirror I still see the bigger me, though. But my Mom and sister came for a visit on July 5 and they said they can tell a huge difference. They haven't seen me since I got my band. That was nice too.

So what about you guys, are ya'll married, kids, how's it going for you? It's nice to have people who know what you're going through to talk to.

JJB you've lost 80lbs, that's fantastic. What's your secret? LOL

Hope to talk again soon!!!

I have no secret. I just stuck to the 4 ounces 3 times a day for a long time and the weight just came off so quickly. Now I have Snacks though wich I did not do before. So I am losing a lot slower. But as long as I am losing and not gaining I am happy. I am married with two boys ages 6 and 2. They are a awesome and also a hand full. I am 33 years old and I started out at 299. My highes weight was 319. I have not weighed what I weigh now since Jr high. So it is really new to me. I love being able to buy clothes at stores now> I was getting to the point where I had to order clothes. I feel soooo much better. I dont have any bad side effects. Other then when I eat something like brownies or anything that is to gooey it stays in there for a lon time and hurts. But that just shows I shouldnt eat that. My addiction is sweets. After every meal I like to have something sweet. It is very hard to break the habit. In the beggining I was really good about just adding a sweet to my 4 ounces. But now I have my 4 ounces and then a small sweet. I am trying hard to stop. Wish me luck.

JJB you are doing fantastic!!! I was banded 6-16-06 and have only lost 30 lbs. What is it that you are eating that is only 4 ounces? Were you starving? I am struggling with eating 8oz 3 times a day. I always want Snacks, I am doing horrible. Please tell me what it is that you eat, I love suggestions!!

I try to eat mostly protien at each meal. But for the most part I am eating whatever I want. My weight loss has slowed down a lot now. I have been snacking way to much. In the begging it was really easy for me to just eat the 4 ounces but now I am having a problem with it. I do sometimes get a little hungry. I could not eat 8 ounces though. I dont think my band would let me. I am going to try hard not to snack today. Oh ans about the weight loss. I really do think it is better to lose it slowly. I lost so fast in the beggining that I lost a lot of hair. If I would have known that would happen I would have taken it a lot slower. You are doing good on your loss. My mom had the surgery the month before my and has lost 40 something. I think I just got lucky at first.

Jack, being at a standstill is far better than moving up the scale. I think we including myself need to have more patients. The band is a tool and we did not gain all of this weight overnight and will not lose all of this weight overnight. Though, I am so anxious to see the scale move down faster but I need to make some improvements if I want that to happen. GOODLUCK everyone, we will make it through this storm.

I've lost 8 OUNZES in the past 3 months....sheesh, this means my goal is only 20 years away!!!! SO BE IT, pre band I would have gained 8 pounds in the same time!!!

We are headed in the right direction, and months of 'plateau' is better than going up another size!!!