Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling weak on pre-op diet

Good news! My dietician approved for me to eat a chicken breast with a non-starchy vegetable and a salad! I have found that being VERY precise with spacing my 5-6 meals and drinking drinking drinking (water) does help' date=' as well as having a couple ounces of juice If I feel shaky. I am halfway there and feeling motivated to keep pushing through! Thanks everyone! I went to my nephews birthday party yesterday and watched everyone eat burgers, hot dogs, baked Beans, potato salad, cake, ice cream etc... I drank my Water, BUT I actually felt pretty good. I felt in control. I wasn't sad or mad that I couldn't eat the food. I felt proud that I was able to politely say No thank you when I was offered cake, Cookies etc.. The pre-op diet isn't all bad, it definitely helps you realize how strong you can be!![/quote']

Oh nice update Creekwood. Started my liquid preop today!! Thanks for the motivation.

It's tough but you can do it!! Try to stay busy if you can, eat TONS of SF Popsicles (if you're allowed), drink tons of Water and then drink more water! Lol

I have now been approved for a very lean meat, vegetable and salad DAILY until surgery! I'm on day 9 of 14, this will be a breeze now!!

Good news! That will be a big help

I hate this feeling. I have so much that I need to do and feel like crap/weak most of the time. I have finals at school right now' date=' work is crazy busy, had to stop mowing after I cut the front yard today because of feeling weak/lightheaded. This diet sucks. Hopefully this feeling goes away soon. I still have to mow the backyard, write a paper, go shopping for a B-Day party that I'm going to tomorrow and the most fun of all WORK Lol. Oh well, sorry for being so negative. Today is day 6 of pre-op diet, my dietician told me the weak feeling would only last a few days. I'm not finding this to be true....[/quote']

Well now I know what you mean about feeling weak. Except...I had to shovel the driveway...it snowed like crazy here today!! Fitness pal now tells me that I should consume 1800 calories. Lol...

That stinks... I hope that you start feeling better!! I have felt great the past couple days, so it might start getting better for you too!! But, there's no way I could have shoveled a bunch of snow when I felt weak. You are awesome!! Shoveling snow is a workout!

That stinks... I hope that you start feeling better!! I have felt great the past couple days' date=' so it might start getting better for you too!! But, there's no way I could have shoveled a bunch of snow when I felt weak. You are awesome!! Shoveling snow is a workout![/quote']

Shovelling snow is ridiculous...tomorrow is May!!! I'm jealous that you were mowing the lawn!!

Lol I bet! Where do you live where you shovel snow on the last day of April? Lol I thought Ohio was bad!

I live in Saskatchewan in Canada. This winter is the worst we've had in over 100 years. Everyone is getting a little cranky. 7 months of winter is a little much. Like kick a puppy...slap a baby much!!!

I live in Saskatchewan in Canada. This winter is the worst we've had in over 100 years. Everyone is getting a little cranky. 7 months of winter is a little much. Like kick a puppy...slap a baby much!!!

Wow! Yeah I'd be cranky too!! Ohio is crazy too (but not as bad), for instance during my "Spring" break from school this year we got 8 inches of snow!! I feel for you.. Lol

I hope that everyone on their pre-op diet is doing well! If you aren't feeling so well energy wise, mood or just altogether know that it can get better! As you can read above I felt horrible in the first week but I'm on day 11 and am now coasting through the pre-op diet! My energy is probably at around 80-90% and I'm able to exercise again (which feels great!), my mood has gotten better (my wife reminded me how irritable I was Lol), my hunger isn't anywhere near what it was in the beginning, my temptation to cheat isn't nearly like it was in the beginning. I feel like I could swim in a pool of M&M's and not eat one Lol. Good luck everyone! If you are struggling know that it can (and hopefully will!) get better!

I hope that everyone on their pre-op diet is doing well! If you aren't feeling so well energy wise' date=' mood or just altogether know that it can get better! As you can read above I felt horrible in the first week but I'm on day 11 and am now coasting through the pre-op diet! My energy is probably at around 80-90% and I'm able to exercise again (which feels great!), my mood has gotten better (my wife reminded me how irritable I was Lol), my hunger isn't anywhere near what it was in the beginning, my temptation to cheat isn't nearly like it was in the beginning. I feel like I could swim in a pool of M&M's and not eat one Lol. Good luck everyone! If you are struggling know that it can (and hopefully will!) get better![/quote']

Thank you for that. It makes me feel like this will get better! At this point (day 4) I'm not really craving food, just sick of the shakes. I can't wait god surgery day!

Sorry you were feeling so crummy. Hopefully the chicken and salad will help keep you on track. I am on day of 2 of 5 of liquids. Doing ok so far, I won't lie, the cupcakes my daughter made for her youth group party looked pretty good. My son even offered to put one in the blender and liquify it for me!

Keep up the great work!

Sitting in the waiting room at the surgery center right now!! If you are struggling on your pre-op diet, just keep pushing through! You can do it!!

Sitting in the waiting room at the surgery center right now!! If you are struggling on your pre-op diet' date=' just keep pushing through! You can do it!![/quote']

Super excited for you!! You certainly were encouraging through my preop...I'm on Day 8 and haven't come off plan at all. Thanks for everything and good luck today!!