Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone try not weighing themselves?

I've been working my band (following all of the lapband rules), exercising like I used to, and drinking my Water all of this week. One of my first thoughts when I woke up today was, "I wonder how much weight I've lost?!"--some of my clothes are already feeling a little less snug. Then, that thought was followed by "What if it was very little? Then what?" I know myself enough to know that that would be discouraging. Then, I thought, "What if it was a lot?". "So what difference does it make? A lot? A little? Are you going to do something different?". I'm thinking, now, that if I'm using the band like it was designed, then what difference does it make how much/little the scale moved? Maybe checking in with the scale is still holding on to the "I'm on a diet" mentality? Just thinking...

I'm trying to focus more on inches. I still weight but with the fluctuations just from being a woman, I needed something else to focus on.

i am one who weighs at my monthly dr follow ups

it works for me and keeps me honest...i go by how my clothes are getting looser..

keep reading because you are gonna hear many who weigh and why it works for them :)

Oh heck no... I am way to impatient to wait for the dr once a month...and if I didn't see some results daily or weekly I wouldn't be motivated. But that's just me.;)

I just bought new scales so I can start weighing myself at home. I never liked getting on them before so I never owned any, but now I am expecting to see results with all this work I am putting into this.

I am hoping for big results!! :D

Honestly, there's no right or wrong answer to this one. Some never weigh themselves, some do daily, it's really a matter of you need psychologically and what works for you.

As for myself, I actually weigh myself twice a day, morning and night. I need it to keep me on track, plus I went 15 years without stepping on a scale and all it got me was up to over 400 pounds. I simply need the accountability.

Honestly, there's no right or wrong answer to this one. Some never weigh themselves, some do daily, it's really a matter of you need psychologically and what works for you.

As for myself, I actually weigh myself twice a day, morning and night. I need it to keep me on track, plus I went 15 years without stepping on a scale and all it got me was up to over 400 pounds. I simply need the accountability.

I couldn't agree more...I was last on a scale in my home in 1993 I weighed 180. . in 2010 it was 377.

I am so addicted to it I was lost without it on vacation.... I wonder if they make traveling scales...hmmm,

I'm the same as Missy and Floridays. I get on in ghe morning and at night. I just want to stay on top of it because God forbid I don't realize I'm eating something I shouldn't...weight gain on the scale is going to make me stop and reevaluate what I'm doing. However if you are the type that will get discouraged if you don't see a five pound drop then it probably wouldn't be a wise thing to do. :-)

I couldn't agree more...I was last on a scale in my home in 1993 I weighed 180. . in 2010 it was 377.

I am so addicted to it I was lost without it on vacation.... I wonder if they make traveling scales...hmmm,

traveling scales LOL

I also weigh morning and night, not so much to keep me on track but to remind me that the scale isn't the best indicator of what's going on with my body. Being a woman, my weight can fluctuate a LOT daily, so I try not to freak out about it. I log a weight and my measurements monthly on a chart, and that's what I "go by."

I plan on weighing myself every week for accountability reasons. Plus I will be ( as much as I don't want to now) will be taking weekly progress picture with the weight from every week.

It's super hard for me know to take the pictures but I know that if I don't have that accountability and see what I have accomplished long term, I will get hung up on the small things.

Weighing is so personal. Do whatever you think is going to be good for you and your success. Feel free to change as needed and keep us posted on your success. Cheers to the scale. :)

I'm still not sure if I started gaining weight after I stopped weighing myself daily, or I stopped weighing myself when I started gaining weight???!!! Now that I've recommitted myself I have started weighing myself daily. However, I don't get bummed out by the number because I know that I am eating healthy and exercising. I'm aware that depending on certain circumstances I could gain a few pounds for a couple days, but it will be gone the next! My first journey was to be thin, this journey is for overall health. Because of that I think I have put less pressure on myself and the scale! Good luck!

I weigh myself everytime I use the upstairs bathroom that has my scale. I don't get upset with the different weights, I look for a range. I love to see the numbers so much lower than they were pre op. When this novelity wears off, I'll hop on the scale less. But for now it makes me smile.

I weigh in the morning and then again at night. It keeps me motivated on working out and eating right

p. When this novelity wears off, I'll hop on the scale less

so far the novelty hasnt worn off for me....lol. And it's been over 2 years